QB decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
"You know, there definitely might be a decision today, you know, that's just what I'm hearing, but at the end of the day there definitely might be a decision today, you know."
**mouth full of food**

"yeah there might uh be a decision made today but who knows, these things can go either way. maybe he makes a decision, maybe he doesn't."

Wouldn't it suck if Cam requests to wear #1 and Mario says no - then he leaves uncommitted?

Gotta say I was dead wrong. I didn't think any of the top QBs would wanna play for Mario and here we are a few hours away from either Ward or Howard coming to Miami. LOL were about to get a lot of hate from the national media. You're about to see how much hatred still exist towards the U
money is what matters. you pay any kid enough, theyll come. looks like our boosters got fed up and are willing to win by any means necessary and im here for it. you couldnt go into year 3 with emory (who wasnt anything special last year) coming off an injury. need an elite QB big time.

I will add- while I expect an announcement today, that’s not guaranteed (people make videos, etc). But I am confident a decision will be made today.

So something like....we have a verbal commitment now we just need him to sign the paperwork?

Advertisement
One thing is clear when Mario gets in a room with parents and a player his vision, pitch, and several other pieces really resonate. I think he commands the room but also is prob one of the more sincere coaches and you can tell it’s not BS. Plus Miami is home. Package that with a competitor NIL, our history, our staff, the facilities are good and getting better. It’s all the perfect storm. And while 5 wins to 7 isn’t much we didn’t have any 40pt losses or Mtsu’s, defense was way better, and offense when clicking showed it has some big time potential.

Year 3 could be the year that pushes it all to that top tier if all goes well.

Gotta say I was dead wrong. I didn't think any of the top QBs would wanna play for Mario and here we are a few hours away from either Ward or Howard coming to Miami. LOL were about to get a lot of hate from the national media. You're about to see how much hatred still exist towards the U
This whole "doesn't want to play for Mario" thing is TOTALLY in contrast to actual offensive productivity. Look at Miami's offensive WR production compared to "the undefeated national champion FSU" and their NFL bound WR's:

MIAMI
-Restrepo 993 yards
-George 851 yards
-Young 563 yards
TOTAL 2307 YARDS

FSU

-Coleman 658 Yards
-Wilson 617 Yards
-Bell 503 yards
TOTAL 1778 yards

Miami also has a similar lead in RB production from top RB's/

MIAMI
-Parrish 579
-Fletcher 512
-Chaney 478
-Allen 350
TOTAL 1919

FSU
-Benson 905
-Toafila 463
-Hill 190
TOTAL 1558

Miami accomplished this DESPITE having major QB consistency issues for 75% of the season, while FSU was operating with a Heisman candidate. Imagine the WR productivity if UM had had a CONSISTENT QB running the offense and was SEEING THE FIELD, going to open receivers for YAC??
This offense WORKs and just needs the right QB to totally light up the ACC. Ward running Dawson's offense will take Miami to the ACCCG and further.
There is NOTHING WRONG with Mario's QB management ... so far at Miami is has been EXECUTION.

Went to change direction doing sprints just rolled it. Thank god it wasn’t my ankle I did that a couple years ago was way worse. I haven’t even taken a Tylenol since it happened so not too bad. But I’ll be laying here until ESD lol
Sucks. Rest up. Binge watch a show or something. Refresh CIS. Repeat.

Advertisement
You spelled Hartford Whalers wrong...................
happy ice hockey GIF by NHL
That was my team as a kid. Used to go the the Civic Center to see them. Havent watched a full hockey game since they left other than the Olympics.

One thing is clear when Mario gets in a room with parents and a player his vision, pitch, and several other pieces really resonate. I think he commands the room but also is prob one of the more sincere coaches and you can tell it’s not BS. Plus Miami is home. Package that with a competitor NIL, our history, our staff, the facilities are good and getting better. It’s all the perfect storm. And while 5 wins to 7 isn’t much we didn’t have any 40pt losses or Mtsu’s, defense was way better, and offense when clicking showed it has some big time potential.

Year 3 could be the year that pushes it all to that top tier if all goes well.
Mario needs a truly breakout year 3

Advertisement
The question has been asked several times yet no one seems interested in giving an actual response.

A decision made by who? The Miami staff or the QBs deciding on Miami?

Advertisement
The question has been asked several times yet no one seems interested in giving an actual response.

A decision made by who? The Miami staff or the QBs deciding on Miami?
My guess would be the QBs. If Mario and staff are recruiting/hosting them, then it's safe to assume they have a scholarship offer waiting.

"You know, there definitely might be a decision today, you know, that's just what I'm hearing, but at the end of the day there definitely might be a decision today, you know."

You’re missing at least 9 “ums” and “I mean”

But you’re spot on otherwise

This whole "doesn't want to play for Mario" thing is TOTALLY in contrast to actual offensive productivity. Look at Miami's offensive WR production compared to "the undefeated national champion FSU" and their NFL bound WR's:

MIAMI
-Restrepo 993 yards
-George 851 yards
-Young 563 yards
TOTAL 2307 YARDS

FSU

-Coleman 658 Yards
-Wilson 617 Yards
-Bell 503 yards
TOTAL 1778 yards

Miami also has a similar lead in RB production from top RB's/

MIAMI
-Parrish 579
-Fletcher 512
-Chaney 478
-Allen 350
TOTAL 1919

FSU
-Benson 905
-Toafila 463
-Hill 190
TOTAL 1558

Miami accomplished this DESPITE having major QB consistency issues for 75% of the season, while FSU was operating with a Heisman candidate. Imagine the WR productivity if UM had had a CONSISTENT QB running the offense and was SEEING THE FIELD, going to open receivers for YAC??
This offense WORKs and just needs the right QB to totally light up the ACC. Ward running Dawson's offense will take Miami to the ACCCG and further.
There is NOTHING WRONG with Mario's QB management ... so far at Miami is has been EXECUTION.

Yes. And I posted the stats for the ENTIRE offensive production on the SemenHole Tears thread.

Almost identical for the passing game. Miami had the better rushing game.

It's just amazing how the F$U fanbase spins a mythical narrative and then convinces everyone that it MUUUUUST be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back