QB decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we’re going off highlights I’m with ward all the way…that said there’s more that goes into it..IMO both fit what we want in this offense
I’ve said it for a week, both are far different QBs it’s hard to compare. You can win 10 games with either if you scheme it up correctly, this is where Dawson will earn his money.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This thread has turned into a

1702485412710.jpeg

Advertisement
If they’re close after the staff does the evaluation, I say go with the splash name which is Ward in this case. The splash name and media attention will help recruiting over the next 5 days.
That would be one argument for Ward. In some ways Howard might be a better fit, but getting Ward also makes a very loud and clear statement to the rest of college football.

Advertisement
I think either guy is an overall upgrade from TVD. Mobility/running ability alone gives that. I feel like Ward's arm strength and the shape of his throws is on par with TVD, and Howard's arm strength might be less vs both TVD/Ward, but he's more accurate than either Ward/TVD from the tape I've watched.

I don't think we can go wrong with either guy. I think Howard might fit Mario's style better, but Ward is a game changer. He gives elements to us offensively that we wouldn't have with anyone else.

I hope it's Ward, but Howard would be nothing to sneeze at.

Advertisement
Not to the same extent. I'm not sure who I prefer, but Ward is THE hot name nationally. Whoever gets him can claim they beat out everyone else even if Ward is ultimately not a better choice than Howard. The national perception and level of excitement is not the same.

I thought your first post was ready to roll for porst of the century and then you come back with this gem.

I see you got caught up in the shiny new thing syndrome.

I want Ward too, I think he is the better overall option, but for CiS clout and/or to take a swing at Mario you went with the Steven A hot take for some reason.

There are a million different reasons that are debatable as to which QB is the better overall fit for the team and the program - the same is the case in the business world. Stats don’t ALWAYS equate to winning.
It’s a one year rental. You go with the best player. Neither have been arrested. The locker room bs is just that, bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back