QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I'm in agreement with you on all of this. I'd like to be a tuff-talker and say "let's move on already", but I think the reality of modern-day recruiting is to burn fewer bridges (such as our conversation last year on Action Jackson, when I thought we might make him burn his free transfer). To the extent that I feel that we maybe "should" move on from Ward, it's not based on hurt feelings, but more of an opinion that I like Howard's game about as much as Ward's.

I don't think there is any scenario in which KJ Jefferson would spurn Miami's opportunity and NIL money for UCF and "Gus Malzahn".

And as for Ward and the NFL Draft...I can agree with you, basically...but then I think about all the previous college guys who have overestimated their own abilities and chosen to go into the draft instead of spending another year in college. So...who knows what this kid will decide...
Malzahn can always pull the "you can be the next Cam Newton". KJ is a much better fit at UCF.

Advertisement
He visited on the 12th, so we’re two days shy of 3 weeks. His dad said “around Christmas” in terms of a timeline and the only real one we can allude back to
Two weeks since his FSU visit

Last I read, it’s now after New Year

Advertisement
At this point even if Ward comes it's probably not gonna meet expectations. Usually if it starts wrong it will end wrong. Get KJ or Howard n let's ride.

I legitimately believe if Ward would have announced b4 signing day we would have gotten smith. Hes not worth the hassle. Save the money n get another player. Maybe Evan Stewart or that DE from Purdue
Why not all 3....

Advertisement
This has more rumors than the dugout conversations in a jr high baseball team.

1703997820136.png

Advertisement
I’ll say the same thing as I said over the summer when everyone was freaking out and on suicide watch with with recruiting “ let’s wait until it’s all over before we lose our ****”.

We have plenty of time to ***** during the season.
2190a09651a1bd4e09bbc8b877379929.gif

Advertisement
There is ZERO chance this kid received a 2nd round rating via the "official" route of receiving these grades. Unless I'm missing something here, he must be basically sitting around getting "informal" analysis from somewhere and cherrypicking what he (or whoever is pushing the NFL) likes to hear. Soooo basically the old way of making these decisions in a half-assed method often overly influenced by those with ulterior/beyond delusional motives and/or lack of actual assessment abilities.

Screenshot_20231231_014443_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back