QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I think he’s gone too. 🤣 I believe an Ohio State crystal ball just went in though on on3.

Seems like we just can’t get a reservation at these Michelin star and upper level restaurants. Time to look at the more run of the mill options or even good ones with open seating.

Hopefully we’re still eating decently and haven’t been relegated to the Chili’s, Friday’s, Applebees tier.
We should have saved ourselves all this hassle and all the headaches and just gone after Brendan Sorsby from Indiana who has already signed with Cincinnati. The kid is one of the most criminally underrated QBs in the nation and he would have killed it in Dawson's scheme.

But nooooooo..... We had to go for the glittering prize and seriously overplayed our hand.

I don’t understand how people can be so high on this kid and not believe he got a second round grade. There were guys calling TVD an early rd 1 pick. This kid shows a lot of Dak Prescott in his game. He’s willing to stay in the pocket, and uses his legs to make throws more so than running it. He has a plus arm. He appears to see the field really well. I saw his highlights where he effortlessly make that quick hitch or swing pass throw and our qbs just can’t figure out for the life of them. JB threw it in the dirt a few times the other night.

Either way, I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t get a high grade. It’s kind of why we are after him so bad. We need an elite talent at that spot. He’s as sure fire as it gets. IMO.

Advertisement
I don’t understand how people can be so high on this kid and not believe he got a second round grade. There were guys calling TVD an early rd 1 pick. This kid shows a lot of Dak Prescott in his game. He’s willing to stay in the pocket, and uses his legs to make throws more so than running it. He has a plus arm. He appears to see the field really well. I saw his highlights where he effortlessly make that quick hitch or swing pass throw and our qbs just can’t figure out for the life of them. JB threw it in the dirt a few times the other night.

Either way, I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t get a high grade. It’s kind of why we are after him so bad. We need an elite talent at that spot. He’s as sure fire as it gets. IMO.
If he got a high grade he wouldn’t be in the portal he’s got a 5th round grade at best. He’s in the Sam Hartman and Pratt area of the draft.

The same reason a person can be high on Jordan Travis and realize he’s a third day pick. Some QBs are great college players with low ceiling for NFL, Cam Ward fits that category.

Agreeing or signing paper work means nothing until you’re enrolled. Nothing is done until they’re enrolled , right down to verbal commits .
This is all true, but you never made any of those qualifiers. You distinctly alluded to UM having their QB, which wasn’t even remotely true.

It's obvious you wanted to come off as being more plugged in than you actually are and now you're left walking it back.

I hope Ward signs us, but one thing is clear, you're mostly guessing like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What if this is a plot to a rom com? A rival school gives Cam a bunch of money to pretend he wants to come to Miami to make a fool of us and stretch our NIL for all it’s worth … but in the process, Cam finds love and has to admit to us that he did it all for a bet and was being silly and immature, but he really does have feelings for Miami now.

The same reason a person can be high on Jordan Travis and realize he’s a third day pick. Some QBs are great college players with low ceiling for NFL, Cam Ward fits that category.
How do you compare Ward to D'Eriq King coming out of Houston with a lot of hype?

What if this is a plot to a rom com? A rival school gives Cam a bunch of money to pretend he wants to come to Miami to make a fool of us and stretch our NIL for all it’s worth … but in the process, Cam finds love and has to admit to us that he did it all for a bet and was being silly and immature, but he really does have feelings for Miami now.
I guess the 2024 season will be on Hallmark Channel.

Hallmark Christmas Movie: "Miami Feels Good Here"

Advertisement
Having our very own Jordan Travis could be quite the mind**** for 90% of this place....

How do you compare Ward to D'Eriq King coming out of Houston with a lot of hype?
King barely played the previous season at Houston. Quit mid season if I recall. The only comparable between the two is that once again, good college players, little NFL hope. King less so due to height.

There is ZERO chance this kid received a 2nd round rating via the "official" route of receiving these grades. Unless I'm missing something here, he must be basically sitting around getting "informal" analysis from somewhere and cherrypicking what he (or whoever is pushing the NFL) likes to hear. Soooo basically the old way of making these decisions in a half-assed method often overly influenced by those with ulterior/beyond delusional motives and/or lack of actual assessment abilities.

View attachment 276229
So clearly he got the neither a 1 or 2 grade. That grade leaves a lot of further investigation bc you can be a 3rd or a 7th.

Advertisement
Maybe he’s really an elf and his ruthless father is not really his father, and he’s waiting for Santa to find him.

There is ZERO chance this kid received a 2nd round rating via the "official" route of receiving these grades. Unless I'm missing something here, he must be basically sitting around getting "informal" analysis from somewhere and cherrypicking what he (or whoever is pushing the NFL) likes to hear. Soooo basically the old way of making these decisions in a half-assed method often overly influenced by those with ulterior/beyond delusional motives and/or lack of actual assessment abilities.

View attachment 276229
I think he might just be really confident he’ll make a team and stick.

King barely played the previous season at Houston. Quit mid season if I recall. The only comparable between the two is that once again, good college players, little NFL hope. King less so due to height.
They are different. King was an electric runner, he played WR and KR his first couple years at Houston. Ward is athletic but uses his legs more to evade pressure. Of course he can pick up a first down if needed but he’s not the type of guy that’s going to shake a few defenders and house a 50 yard run like King could. Ward is a better passer overall, and has a stronger arm but the biggest discrepancy between the two is the running ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back