QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I do wonder if the talk that “Mario has his qb” is that Ward has said he is in. Everyone has been consistent that the don’t know the timeline.

I personally think there might be a lot to Mario not wanting it announced till after the bowl game.

- That announcement can certainly impact Jacurri, and create a distraction for him and the team.
- Mario has said, despite fans opinion, how important this bowl game is. Miami hasn’t won a bowl game in some time. And for the culture of the program, winning postseason games is important.

It would make sense if Mario had asked to delay the announcement until after the bowl game.
This is my best guess, but we shall see. Whether or not ink was on paper will be moot in a week or so.

Really good info so far from Danny and Cribby. Lots of other noisemakers in the space, but Miami has always been stuffed to the gills with wannabe insiders and self-promoters.

Notice no denial. Typical MOPE that doesn't invest in the program whatsoever.
Dc Flying GIF by Max

Advertisement
I thought this also, Michael Pratt definitely opted out of his bowl game, but

- No news reports with direct quotes from him or his agent officially declaring for the draft
- No posts on his twitter or IG
- He has accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl Feb 4th (I don't think this is binding)
- The athletic and 247 sports website has him listed as officially declared, but their list is not official, official.
- The NFL.com website which has not been updated since Nov 30th, does not have him on their list

If someone has a link to his official announcement - please post.

Don't come at me with your opinion or what your friend told you, please post his official announcement.

Just an example of a qb that is out there and it is unclear what he is officially going to do. There are more qbs out there than ward, howard, and jefferson. And no we do not know every visit that happens.

No one knew about the Justin Scott flip....... certain moves can be kept quiet.

He was on the local news here in New Orleans it was reported that he wasn’t going to play in the bowl game cause he had decided to declare for the draft..if he didn’t then the local broadcast was wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y'all better not sleep on Emory! (6-5 220lbs). I think he is a baller and I would be happy with him as our starter next year. I know the starts are limited but have liked what I have seen. Ward is drama case. Howard is prolly going somewhere other than UM. KJ, who knows. I am a big fan of Emory and feel there is no reason he cannot get the job done. Why y'all want a shiny new piece? I would love to get KJ and let him and Emory battle it out. If we get Ward or Howard, I think it COULD be a bonus, but I think Emory beats both they asses out. Just my option. I would take a QB room on Emory, KJ and JB any day. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:
Thoughts on Emory, why can he not be QB1?
Not only are we sleeping on Emory, so is everybody else in America.

Everybody knows he's not QB1 next year.

He was 8/23 against FSU for 175 yards and 2 TDs. That alone is bad. That's not exactly the type of QB you want to roll into next season with as your guaranteed starter . However, if you take away that one 85 yard TD pass to Jacolby where the safety absolutely lost his mind, it looks really bad. His stats were 7/22 for 90 yards and 1 TD.

That's the last time we saw him play.

What exactly about that inspires confidence that he should be our starter next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back