QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all better not sleep on Emory! (6-5 220lbs). I think he is a baller and I would be happy with him as our starter next year. I know the starts are limited but have liked what I have seen. Ward is drama case. Howard is prolly going somewhere other than UM. KJ, who knows. I am a big fan of Emory and feel there is no reason he cannot get the job done. Why y'all want a shiny new piece? I would love to get KJ and let him and Emory battle it out. If we get Ward or Howard, I think it COULD be a bonus, but I think Emory beats both they asses out. Just my option. I would take a QB room on Emory, KJ and JB any day. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:
Thoughts on Emory, why can he not be QB1?
Good luck winning 7 games with him as our starter.

Advertisement
Pretty sure the staff was honest with him on who they are targeting and who was visiting

If the reality is Howard felt like a B option and he would have signed already if not for that then the staff effed this up. They seemingly went all in on Ward, didn't fully understand the situation, and now they're in a very bad position.

I can tell you the staff effed up because the information the insiders were feeding us. It was overblown optimism that continually needed to be walked back. They kept thinking this thing was done and it's clearly not.

And that incorrect optimism may be why we won't end up with Howard. Someone, or multiple people, read something very wrong.

The rumors were USC didn’t have money to pay a Howard. What makes you think they will have money for Ward?

And why wouldn't Howard wait out Ward if the two are looking at the same schools? If Miami has the biggest bag and Ward drags his feet or opts for USC, then Howard can re-engage Miami as the best available QB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do you want him to call you personally?

How do you know that he hasn’t been in communication with the staff?

listening nod GIF by HUANG'S WORLD

Ever cross your mind they’re waiting until after the bowl game to announce? We announce now and others leave we don’t have a qb for the bowl game
You absolutely want your QB and the rest of the team to be locked into the bowl game.

They deserve to enjoy their moment.

If the reality is Howard felt like a B option and he would have signed already if not for that then the staff effed this up. They seemingly went all in on Ward, didn't fully understand the situation, and now they're in a very bad position.

I can tell you the staff effed up because the information the insiders were feeding us. It was overblown optimism that continually needed to be walked back. They kept thinking this thing was done and it's clearly not.

And that incorrect optimism may be why we won't end up with Howard. Someone, or multiple people, read something very wrong.
They literally told him he wasn’t plan b and if he wanted in he could sign and then he didn’t

Advertisement
Advertisement
8 for 23

emory needs the portal qb so he can develop...... if we throw emory or brown as the starter next year we are conceding it's a lost season. the portal qb allows development of all our qbs.
Emory needs another offseason of S&C, competition in the QB room, Spring and Fall camps.

I'm 100% certain we'll see a better QB next Fall.

Advertisement
I thought this also, Michael Pratt definitely opted out of his bowl game, but

- No news reports with direct quotes from him or his agent officially declaring for the draft
- No posts on his twitter or IG
- He has accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl Feb 4th (I don't think this is binding)
- The athletic and 247 sports website has him listed as officially declared, but their list is not official, official.
- The NFL.com website which has not been updated since Nov 30th, does not have him on their list

If someone has a link to his official announcement - please post.

Don't come at me with your opinion or what your friend told you, please post his official announcement.

Just an example of a qb that is out there and it is unclear what he is officially going to do. There are more qbs out there than ward, howard, and jefferson. And no we do not know every visit that happens.

No one knew about the Justin Scott flip....... certain moves can be kept quiet.

He's going pro. He literally said he didn't play in the bowl game to get ready for the senior bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back