QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pratt declared for the draft already.

I thought this also, Michael Pratt definitely opted out of his bowl game, but

- No news reports with direct quotes from him or his agent officially declaring for the draft
- No posts on his twitter or IG
- He has accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl Feb 4th (I don't think this is binding)
- The athletic and 247 sports website has him listed as officially declared, but their list is not official, official.
- The NFL.com website which has not been updated since Nov 30th, does not have him on their list

If someone has a link to his official announcement - please post.

Don't come at me with your opinion or what your friend told you, please post his official announcement.

Just an example of a qb that is out there and it is unclear what he is officially going to do. There are more qbs out there than ward, howard, and jefferson. And no we do not know every visit that happens.

No one knew about the Justin Scott flip....... certain moves can be kept quiet.

Advertisement
What could he find out from the NFL that he doesn’t already know? Hope it works out with ward but Mario could have huge egg on his face if it doesn’t.

We have 2 options if Ward declares. Reese Poffenbarger from Albany or Deigo Pavia who’ll be my choice. This is the kid that beat Auburn.

Gordon Ramsey Reaction GIF by BBC

A lot of things can be true:
– He has every right to negotiate in his best behalf and take his time
– Miami probably feels really good about it and Mario has every right to try to go after his guy
- while cam has his right to see it does seem weird like he’s still trying to figure out what his draft position is when short of going to the combine I’m sure he has a pretty good idea with Alonzo and others that they could go reach out to through his agent for NL And get an idea they gave him a pretty good guess as to what is on the table for him in the NFL
– For all we know, Mario has other people that have reached out on the down low beyond Howard and KJ, but this all could be a pretty big high wire act
– This has been a bit of a fun ride, watching and go up and down and killing time especially for a few of us who have been sick over the last couple of weeks and I don’t mean mentally
– It’s also fair to say that this is getting exhausting and kind of boring and kind of annoying and isn’t gonna have the same excitement level if it finally works out and we have an exacerbated **** show if it doesn’t

Where is Mary J. Blige when we need her?
mary j blige GIF

Advertisement
Agree. People keep saying recruiting is Mario's specialty, but this is mega different than HS recruiting in So Fla. We don't have 2-3 years of relationship building with Ward and his family. We don't have inroads in his community network (coaches, teachers, trainers, relatives, handlers, 7 on 7 folks, etc.). He didn't grow up a fan of Miami to my knowledge, nor is there local pull working in our favor. The hashtag campaign (people claim it was fan-inspired though struggle to think staff didn't nudge it) was what really concerned me. Not that I thought it was overly corny (as that's the nature of CFB these days on social media), but how misguided an approach it felt. Hope I'm totally wrong
Dear Long-time listener teenth-time porster Comrade Mania,

If you’ve been following this site, you’ll notice the absolute absurdity we deal with here regularly. I, for one, find this site to a tremendous bastion of rationality (hear me out) comparative to whatever the **** exists elsewhere in the social media world of Hurricane/college fandom.

So, it is not at all hard to believe that our crazy brethren took it upon themselves to start a hashtag emoja.

And I mean no slight by pointing that out, be you friend or foe.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Howard is waiting becuz as soon as ward picks. Howard is now the most desirable qb in portal. Leverage to up the nil.

Doubt he eliminated us, as he would want as many suiters throwing offers

Advertisement
Good lord, your reading comprehension sucks.

I responded to a poster who said that your NFL development and chance to get to a second contract is a crapshoot, and could be severely impacted by which team picks you.

But, sure, continue to invent things that people never said.

Oh so
Exactly.

And those hands ain't getting any bigger.

I truly believe he only lasts 4 years in the league and doesn't get a second contract. Come to Miami, get drafted as high as possible, and hope he can get a second contract.

Reading comprenhsion says what? You are literally saying his better option is to come to Miami a mid tier ACC program with a coach who isn't very good because somehow that will help him be drafted higher (even tho he has small hands???). Again...awful take but you do you.

Howard is waiting becuz as soon as ward picks. Howard is now the most desirable qb in portal. Leverage to up the nil.

Doubt he eliminated us, as he would want as many suiters throwing offers
Only way he eliminated us is if we upset him with the Cam Ward thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back