QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clown Pain GIF by Sarah Squirm

Advertisement
There will be at least 15 teams looking for a QB this year. Probably more if you factor in desire to carry quality backup for that emergency spot with some upside
if hes going third round, go pro is my opinion. id only come back if hes getting a bottom of the draft type grade (6-7th to UDFA)

There will be at least 15 teams looking for a QB this year. Probably more if you factor in desire to carry quality backup for that emergency spot with some upside
the jets will be another. the giants as well. youre right. the teams that we think dont need QBs will be taking a QB. no one wants to be the jets with rodgers after an injury. any QB not in the tua class of QBs, mahomes being the outlier in the draft and beyond will be getting their replacement or young backup soon

the jets will be another. the giants as well. youre right. the teams that we think dont need QBs will be taking a QB. no one wants to be the jets with rodgers after an injury. any QB not in the tua class of QBs, mahomes being the outlier in the draft and beyond will be getting their replacement or young backup soon
Plus teams that have to make decisions on short contracts or options. It’s not just FA anymore. I think it’s going to be like pitchers for baseball. You just load up on arms with good stuff and let them sort it out in the minors (practice squad)

Advertisement
I’ve said it multiple times but CIS is making a lot of assumptions. Those are also based on emotions.

I think it’s clear the below:
1. Ward is the guy we want.
2. I think it’s pretty certain ward is deciding between Miami Vs NFL

The thought that Ward and is holding up Miami to leverage more NIL or just waiting for someone else to come in is assumption. Is it possible, sure. But at this point I think it’s clear and plenty of people have backed it up.

Wards next college will likely be Miami. The kicker is if he will play in college another year. The family and him are mulling over the decision. It also sounds like the staff has been told as such.

A lot of people can disagree that he is making a mistake mulling of the NFL like this. But it’s his decision. Kids dream of the NFL and the quicker they are in the league the quicker they are to contract #2. Where the money is. Is it the right decision, in my opinion no. But it’s not my decision.

If he does decide NFL, not a lot sleep should be lost. Most QB haven’t made a decision. There are plenty of guys available and possible to hit the portal after Bowl season. The money is there for NIL and we will be fine at QB. A good starter is pivotal. But I don’t think we need a Heisman contender either to win 10 games. We will be fine.

I still hold the opinion, after following this thing way too closely, that Ward will pick Miami in the next few days. No need to get upset he has not yet
From the NFL angle, I mean, there is a Danny DeVito and a 69 year old Joe Flacco out there starting games.

Ward would be on an NFL roster without a doubt, IMO, getting drafted in somewhere between the 3rd-6th round.

The NIL side assumed it was. The NFL stuff came out of left field. That’s why I never believed it. I always viewed it as a leverage play since our NIL offer was so good.
I know before you mentioned u would explain to the board why this drug out so long after everything was announced. Has that reasoning now changed? Based on your comments today sounds like there's a bit more uncertainty with what he may do. Before it felt like there was a specific reason it wasn't announced yet

Last edited:
Advertisement
Key dates for NFL draft:
1/5 soft deadline for underclassmen (sounds like petition, but can still take name out)
1/9 hard deadline for entering
Hopefully we’re not waiting another couple weeks.

Ward appears in some early mock drafts - typically around 8th - 10th QB. Maybe 4th - 5th rd

Top QBs (3-4 first rd)
Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
Jaylen Daniels
Bo Nix
Michael Penix
Joe Milton
Michael Pratt
Spencer Rattler

Also possible JJ McCarthy or Quinn Ewers enter after post-season.

Advertisement
WTF will CIS talk about when this is over. JC
This is CIS, the conversation moves from one debacle to the next. And if the next debacle isn’t obvious, then one will be created so everyone can stay focused on complaining and speculating.

Edited to add: Rumor has it, our entire water distribution cadre has put their names into the portal and are seeking a new team to hydrate.

Big assumption that Howard even WANTS to come to Miami. Wasn't it mentioned that he was most likely Ohio State now? So we get Ward or "a candidate to be named later".
I am not 100% assuming Howard wants to be here but why hasn’t he announced for another school then?

My assumption is based on Howard being that 2nd option or equal option from what was shared. There is nothing from stopping him going elsewhere and taking other school NIL offerings if Miami is out of the picture.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back