QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wrong that I'm now using my wife's anal beads as prayer beads/rosary in hopes of getting Ward commit news today? The J Smith saga last night drained me. Wish that young man nothing but the very best at OSU. Lets get some good news today!!!! GO CANES
whats GIF

Advertisement
Cam Ward and his family are true professionals that know the game. This will come down to $.
NIL has completely changed the landscape of college football (duh) but we're watching it live on this signing

Advertisement
Advertisement
Once fspoo snags DJ, we gain more leverage. Without the risk of Ward landing at our rival, Mario can tighten the screws and Ward’s ability to leverage us diminishes. Sure, he still has the NFL option but if he’s bluffing or overstating that possibility, he could overplay his hand and end up elsewhere (collegiately) with significantly less money.

Advertisement
Once fspoo snags DJ, we gain more leverage. Without the risk of Ward landing at our rival, Mario can tighten the screws and Ward’s ability to leverage us diminishes. Sure, he still has the NFL option but if he’s bluffing or overstating that possibility, he could overplay his hand and end up elsewhere (collegiately) with significantly less money.
FSU?

IMG_2487.gif

Not sure what leverage Ward has over the NFL, unless you are a first round pick where not everyone has a chance to pick you then you are not that important to them. How does you threatening to stay in school another year change your draft grade? He can choose to believe his draft grade or not I suppose but if you are not a 1st round QB then it doesn't matter what round you get drafted in they look at you the same. They will bend over backwards to accommodate a 1st rounder and give them every chance in the world to succeed, the rest of them are treated the same, whether its Will Levis (early 2nd) or Brock Purdy (last pick in the draft), they will play you if they have to, otherwise you will ride the pine and may or may not get playing time, Purdy is a product of bad qb's in front of him and luck of the right place, right time. Whatever Ward can do to get into the 1st round is even more important than whatever money he can get on an NIL contract, unless he does not believe he is good enough to be a 1st rounder, which I can't believe that based on his completion percentage and low interception rate thus far.

He needs a great year in college with a good offensive line and a supporting cast and then a less crowded 1st round, would love to have him here doing that but if not here then some other college as the NFL route is a mistake if you are not a 1st rounder at QB.

Advertisement
@Cribby just said that he would wager everything he owns that Mario already knows the answer.

What part of that doing you guys not understand?

At this point he has all but told us straight up that Miami has chosen is transfer qb. He’s never wavered from his original comment about Miami not needing a qb anymore. Yet so many people are just choosing to go off the deep end.

This is truly fascinating to watch. A real study of human behavior lol.

I’d guess still doesnt believe what he was told about being wanted as much as Ward. If I saw the buzz about his visit vs mine I’d feel the same probably.

Because Ross got personally involved? Who cares? If they are offering the same kind of deal money wise who cares if I get wine and dined at Prime 112 or get to have all the hot dogs and beers I want in the executive suite at Hard Rock?

@Cribby just said that he would wager everything he owns that Mario already knows the answer.

What part of that doing you guys not understand?

At this point he has all but told us straight up that Miami has chosen is transfer qb. He’s never wavered from his original comment about Miami not needing a qb anymore. Yet so many people are just choosing to go off the deep end.

This is truly fascinating to watch. A real study of human behavior lol.
It is battering wife syndrome played out on a message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back