QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Everyone thought Howard would commit once Nelson hit the portal

The common denominator in both Ward's and Howard's recruitment is Miami. We're clearly offering way more than our competition, or else at least Howard would have commited to USC by now.

/we're still getting Ward

Everyone thought Howard would commit once Nelson hit the portal

The common denominator in both Ward's and Howard's recruitment is Miami. We're clearly offering way more than our competition, or else at least Howard would have commited to USC by now.

/we're still getting Ward
This has been my thought as well.

Geo was on spaces tonight

QB
- Howard- said he sees Howard fading but not out of it. Said Howard felt a certain way about how ward was being treated vs him- coaches told him he was completely wrong and that they would take his commitment right then and there and he would be the guy. First in is the guy. Yet then Howard still didn’t commit. So whatever with him - y’all’s narrative is off that he’s waiting on ward- if geo is right Howard could have already been the guy 🤷‍♂️

- ward - staff still feels good never wavering. FSU visit did not go well lol.
Still nfl vs Miami thing and he said his agent friends (geo’s) said he most likely has a third day grade. Said auburn and Ohio state have interest but ward camp hasn’t really reciprocated actively just talk. Mario would like this wrapped and could be before Christmas time line dad has given

- Arkansas guy- true backup plan. Talking in case ward (and lesser degree Howard) fall through

Geo was on spaces tonight

QB
- Howard- said he sees Howard fading but not out of it. Said Howard felt a certain way about how ward was being treated vs him- coaches told him he was completely wrong and that they would take his commitment right then and there and he would be the guy. First in is the guy. Yet then Howard still didn’t commit. So whatever with him - y’all’s narrative is off that he’s waiting on ward- if geo is right Howard could have already been the guy 🤷‍♂️

- ward - staff still feels good never wavering. FSU visit did not go well lol.
Still nfl vs Miami thing and he said his agent friends (geo’s) said he most likely has a third day grade. Said auburn and Ohio state have interest but ward camp hasn’t really reciprocated actively just talk. Mario would like this wrapped and could be before Christmas time line dad has given

- Arkansas guy- true backup plan. Talking in case ward (and lesser degree Howard) fall through

I wonder what Howard is waiting on.

Advertisement
If the stories are true, and Smith had our hat in the bag, not knowing until the end...Mario is doing that off 5 and 7 win seasons, without a QB. Jeremiah Smith stays home in two years and it's no longer an issue if progress keeps being made. It sucks he didn't stay but I have a feeling this is one of the last years it will ever be an issue.

If he gets a 10 win season next year....ohhh boy, the 2025 cycle is going to be epic.
****… 8 wins might be good enough for #1 class.

Yeah he also played St Mary’s, Bethune and Trinity Christian. He could be a good set piece. The key here is making sure JHH sticks around.

I think CJ Clark would start over Cook.
Does PFF grading take into account quality of opponent? I guess not based on your comment.

Where did we take Howard when he was in town?

If he’s in his feels, then he wants to go to a place where he will get the bag and get the hero’s reception.

I’m guessing he’s getting the hero’s reception at USC, but the NILIs not probably at Miami’s level yet…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where did we take Howard when he was in town?

If he’s in his feels, then he wants to go to a place where he will get the bag and get the hero’s reception.

I’m guessing he’s getting the hero’s reception at USC, but the NILIs not probably at Miami’s level yet…
think they went to the monday night Miami dolphins home game

a bunch of players like bain, jacurri, and kiko posted pics from it that night. Nothing from howard but I imagine kiko was the one that hosted howard or at least with him

What I miss?
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

If Ward or Howard were going to be here, they would have said so by early signing day. Mario told both he had the elite receivers on the dotted line. He did. I don't know why any QB would not want to play on a team with both the elite receivers and the OL we have in place. We got 4 years of talent in both positions. TE's are there as well. RBs are stacked to the hilt. It is time we just need to tell them sign or move on. We need a QB who plays good to great within the system, utilizing the talent without relying on him to win the games all the time. I watched Marino for years as a Dolphins fan. Total talent but not enough support in equal numbers like Miami has. We need to find the Steve Walsh guy, the guy who just makes winning plays not based on talent but knows how to get the talented play makers the ball.

Advertisement
I wonder what Howard is waiting on.
Makes you wonder how serious his USC offer is. I’d imagine he’d be jumping all over it if was like whatever Miami put on the table.

Also reads like USC is content waiting for Miami to leave the picture, AKA Ward comes here and Howard has to take whatever USC is currently offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back