QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I’d wager everything I own Mario knows the answer
Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

I’d wager everything I own Mario knows the answer
Is there just an ABUNDANCE of caution being exercised here in terms of an announcement in regards to potential competing offers UNTIL he can enroll and make it OFFICIAL? Could see that as Mario's M.O.

On the other hand I've read rumblings about a 'tedious process'...

If we were to miss on the top QB's in the portal right now, would we be able to wait until Spring for the next batch of transfers? I'd think someone elite out there is not going to be happy and would like the look of the offense we have cooking over here. Would it be enough time to get them ready for the season?

Advertisement
If we were to miss on the top QB's in the portal right now, would we be able to wait until Spring for the next batch of transfers? I'd think someone elite out there is not going to be happy and would like the look of the offense we have cooking over here. Would it be enough time to get them ready for the season?
you dont want to wait that long if you can get one earlier. having a guy in pre spring ball is much more valuable. just look at what happened with van dyke. im sure he didnt crack the playbook until late july after his NIL was done......

@Cribby just said that he would wager everything he owns that Mario already knows the answer.

What part of that doing you guys not understand?

At this point he has all but told us straight up that Miami has chosen is transfer qb. He’s never wavered from his original comment about Miami not needing a qb anymore. Yet so many people are just choosing to go off the deep end.

This is truly fascinating to watch. A real study of human behavior lol.
People have that battered wife syndrome from the last 20 years that was probably worsened by the Smith stuff.
Others are just bored and need something to worry about it seems...

Because Ross got personally involved? Who cares? If they are offering the same kind of deal money wise who cares if I get wine and dined at Prime 112 or get to have all the hot dogs and beers I want in the executive suite at Hard Rock?
Is there some sort of source or something showing this happened that I missed?

Because Ross got personally involved? Who cares? If they are offering the same kind of deal money wise who cares if I get wine and dined at Prime 112 or get to have all the hot dogs and beers I want in the executive suite at Hard Rock?
You don’t have to feel the same way but I’d get it. I wouldn’t hate what I received, I’d just notice the gesture behind what the other received.

Advertisement
You don’t have to feel the same way but I’d get it. I wouldn’t hate what I received, I’d just notice the gesture behind what the other received.

It seemed that Ross being involved with one and not the other was more of a personal thing, not necessarily how the program felt towards one or the other. Maybe I am off but that is just the initial impression I got.

Is there some sort of source or something showing this happened that I missed?

There were photos of Ross with Ward and family at Prime 112. Seemed like Ross wanted to be personally involved in Ward's recruitment more than Howard's. Just my own speculation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My take continues to be that the family wants to extract every ounce of NIL money possible from a program (us) that is willing and able to do so given our current QB situation.

Ward is more than likely a backup-caliber QB at the next level, but also the best available signal caller in the portal, so it’s not surprising that the Ward camp is driving up the going rate relative to what his first NFL contract will probably look like.

The issue that they’re beginning to face is lack of feasible suitors, so at what point do they start running the risk of overplaying their hand? I think we’re getting to that place soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back