QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
What about Long Island? Is that considered NYC?

Nahhhh. LOL, no way.

Not even Yonkers is considered NYC, nor is Mount Vernon (both literally border the BX).

NYC is strictly the five boros. And honestly, most NYers don't even claim Staten Island. It's like a completely different world, may as well be in Thailand.

LI, Westchester, Fairfield, Northern Jersey are all NY Metro, a term natives don't even use.

Basically, if you do not live IN NYC, you are not from NYC - Staten Island is debatable, lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nahhhh. LOL, no way.

Not even Yonkers is considered NYC, nor is Mount Vernon (both literally border the BX).

NYC is strictly the five boros. And honestly, most NYers don't even claim Staten Island. It's like a completely different world, may as well be in Thailand.

LI/Westchester, Fairfield, Northern Jersey are all NY Metro, a term natives don't even use.

Basically, if you do not live IN NYC, you are not from NYC - Statent Island is debatable, lol.
Although a lot of college students from LI, Westchester, CT, Northern Jersey do attend Miami

so are we going to get a QB before this gets to 100 pages?

200.gif

Advertisement
Nahhhh. LOL, no way.

LI, Westchester, Fairfield, Northern Jersey are all NY Metro, a term natives don't even use.

Basically, if you do not live IN NYC, you are not from NYC - Staten Island is debatable, lol.
well said! And you live ON Long Island, not IN Long Island...

Miami has always done well with a high level game manager at QB who understands offense (Kosar, Dorsey, Walsh, Erickson, Torretta) but doesnt have to have elite QB physical traits (Vinny).

All a good Miami QB needs to do is let the skill platers around him get the ball but be smart and capable enough to get it to the right person
We definitely have been successful with a QB that just plays within the system. But times have changed.

Back in our heyday we could win with knock your socks off defense - defense that had guys afraid to catch across the middle etc - those days are long gone.

We have to have a guy that can make plays from time to time outside of the system - because the rules now are geared towards OFF scoring pts.

I still believe Will Howard can get it done for us.

Advertisement
If this is about leverage, Ward loses a lot of his once you get through early signing day. I'd imagine any team whose interested is a team that needs a QB next year to start and would want the QB situation solved before ESD. Once that's over the desperation subsides. The Monday timeline makes sense because that's likely the peak of his leverage.

If Miami is willing to go through the weekend without his commitment then they must really like him or have info from a guy like JS that Ward would make a huge difference. Because if the difference between him and Howard was negligible then there's no way they'd go through this weekend without a QB in hand.

I do wonder if this all comes back to Jeremiah Smith.

FSU is a distraction. I'm convinced of that. FSU's collective has donor fatigue after this year. The LB leaving is a tell.

USC and OSU are our big competition, and they're both in the B1G. FSU isn't. They're still in our sh*tty conference trying to get out.
Looks to me as though white Mike prioritizes portal players over guys whom he recruited and "developed". A perfect example is Pat Payton wanting to get paid Jared Verse money. It's a bold strategy that might bite him once HS kids realize this.

Advertisement
so are we going to get a QB before this gets to 100 pages?
I have decided to commit to the University of Miami to play QB.

There. Problem solved. Hey, you didn't say the QB had to be any **** good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back