QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I would have tried to prevent the visit and if he wanted to go regardless I'd have just moved on to Howard.
Everyone keeps saying this like we have Howard in the bag. IF they are equal and Howard is all eager to sign, why hasn't he done it yet? Either a) the staff does not see them as equal or b) Howard is not as locked in to commit as people think.

They were able to win with a highly competent game manager because they had an extreme talent advantage at every other position.

So did Miami when we were kicking everyone's *** back in the day. It worked for us then and the blueprint still works now.

That blueprint will always allow you to be competitive because football is a team sport. Not saying individual greatness isn't helpful, but it's not necessary to kick everyone's ***.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And I'm still standing upright
I think I told this story before but a guy I used to work with used to go get hammered after work and then go to the gym

I’m like dude don’t do that. That’s such a bad idea.

He’s like Justin listen, if you wanna be a badass, you gotta be a badass to yourself first

IMG_1969.gif

Lose close, win close, and then you win big.

A great portal QB can accelerate the process, but it needs to be about recruiting if you want to go where Mario is taking us.
Look man, everybody knows that, and we all know Mario is doing a fantastic job. We are talking what we need NOW to optimize productivity and momentum for the 2024 season. And the staff seems to agree ... we need Cam Ward at QB if at all possible. If not, then yes, we move to options #2.

@Cribby said cross Miami off the list of needing a QB. Yet yall are here freaking out. Chill. That man dont be telling lies
he tells what he hears. Miami staff thought they'd have one committed and announced, He reported it. Didn't happen. Cribby certainly didn't go out on a limb without a credible source. I just think the timeline changed for whatever reason.

Advertisement
Agreed. Say what you want about Norvell, but he has absolutely nailed the portal. FSU shouldn’t be taken lightly here.

I don't know how many times this needs to be said, but Prison Mike "absolutely nailed the portal" a couple of years ago when there was more skepticism and less competition from his rival schools.

What happened in 2023? Keon Coleman, Fentrell Cypress, and Jaheim Bell. That's it. Darrell Jackson didn't play.

How long are guys going to keep blowing Prison Mike over his past Portal hits? Particularly now that more schools have devoted resources to this process and it is getting harder and harder for Prison Mike to win these battles?

More importantly, Cam Ward doesn't need any of Prison Mike's "Portal player development". Cam just needs a talented team for the next 11 months in order to showcase himself.

He graduated last Saturday. It has also been noted on a YouTube podcast from some Canes insiders that FSU paid Ward to visit. He's just taking their money and a commitment to Miami should be soon unless they promise some Rashada type of money like UF.
If they do he may want to have them venmo to him so he can make sure it deposits to his account before saying yes and enrolling. Need to make sure they also don't try the old switcheroo like UF did on Rashada as well.

Advertisement
FSU is a distraction. I'm convinced of that. FSU's collective has donor fatigue after this year. The LB leaving is a tell.

USC and OSU are our big competition, and they're both in the B1G. FSU isn't. They're still in our sh*tty conference trying to get out.

Miami has always done well with a high level game manager at QB who understands offense (Kosar, Dorsey, Walsh, Erickson, Torretta) but doesnt have to have elite QB physical traits (Vinny).

All a good Miami QB needs to do is let the skill platers around him get the ball but be smart and capable enough to get it to the right person

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back