QB battle prediction thread. And any other battles u feel worth noting

Of the weaknesses each QB has displayed so far I wonder which one is the easiest to overcome.

Williams -- appears to have trouble reading the game quickly enough + has problems with the deep ball

Perry -- trouble moving past his first read + reckless with his decision making

Martell -- inconsistency problems + working under center

Advertisement
Of the weaknesses each QB has displayed so far I wonder which one is the easiest to overcome.

Williams -- appears to have trouble reading the game quickly enough + has problems with the deep ball

Perry -- trouble moving past his first read + reckless with his decision making

Martell -- inconsistency problems + working under center
What makes u say Perry is reckless with his decision making.

U don't get suspended for doing the right thing. U get suspended for doing something u shouldn't have. It's not me putting anyone down. It's me stating facts. Jarren was suspended. Kosi made a sextape and got suspended. Those are facts. So me stating facts is putting them down?
Never said he did nothing wrong. But for all you know it's something very minor, something that other, less strict, coaches would never suspend someone for. There's a LOT of difference between making a dumb mistake and doing something wrong, and "having character issues."

Right now I'm leaning towards Martell..Perry a close second....with a medeocre OL we need a kid with quick feet in the pocket able to make fast decisions...Williams looks kinda slow needs to move and read at a faster pace....

Advertisement
Regardless if u are right or not, I am given all 3 QBs a clean slate. I'm rooting for all 3 to get better, now if Nkosi or Jarren gets suspended again then my view on them will change becuase there is no excuse for having bad leadership and coaching this time around.
They all do have a clean slate, Manny said that himself. My initial statement was a betting man would put his money on Tate to outwork two QBs who have shown character concern in the past.

My personal opinion is Tate runs away with the job and Jarren transfers sooner rather than later. I can see Perry transferring once he graduates. I think he would shine at a school like UCF. Until he proves he has matured I'm going to question his leadership.

you are right, but one thing that has not been really talked about this spring is Perry's risky/unwise decision making, that being said I would say he is getting better in that department.
Risky decision making is why I still have him at #2...he has pretty much everything else to succeed...imo

Last edited:
Never said he did nothing wrong. But for all you know it's something very minor, something that other, less strict, coaches would never suspend someone for. There's a LOT of difference between making a dumb mistake and doing something wrong, and "having character issues."

So u still haven't clarified how me stating facts is me putting the other two QBs down.

Advertisement
you are right, but one thing that has not been really talked about this spring is Perry's risky/unwise decision making, that being said I would say he is getting better in that department.
I don't think we learned all too much this spring to know if he improved on that or not. Playing against anything but the ones was a gimme for the QB's.

I wonder just how tough it will be for him to imrpove on that once the bullets are live and actually start flying. Otherwise who knows, maybe he can't cut that part out of his game all together but can make up for it by making many more special throws that only he can make. We know he's capable of the spectacular given the FSU game.

When did Williams exhibit character concerns? You can't mean the wildly speculative and also disputed rumors of him seeking a transfer.

Wasn't a rumor that he was going to transfer. His father came out the week of and stated that father and son Richt both worked to convince him to stay at Miami.

So u still haven't clarified how me stating facts is me putting the other two QBs down.
Continually claiming a one-day suspension (something that is quite common, has occurred even with individuals considered to be "good guys", and is even more common with someone like Richt as coach compared to many other coaches) is indicative of "character issues" (something that is a big deal and implies long-standing, continuing problems) is putting Williams down. That's akin to saying someone who got a speeding ticket has "character problems" because they had a run-in with the law. There are those who would claim that Martell has shown more character issues with his transfer, and his brash personality than Williams (not that I agree with that either).

Advertisement
gut feeling: tate's gonna win it. he's gonna go the hardest over the offseason to at the very least draw even with kosi and jarren in terms of technique, footwork, knowing the offense in and out, etc, and he's going to display the leadership qualities that the staff wants in spades.

having said that, i'm pretty happy with how this competition is playing out as a whole, and i get the feeling that whoever wins the job will have truly earned it. so i have no problem being wrong.

IMO of the 3, NKosi the better and should get a majority of reps in fall. We got real offense now and it shouldn't be modified to give Martell a better chance. Martell also can't see over the middle very well. I don't play favorites, call it like I see it.
Why people keep moving the goal post to help Tate? Perry is the better QB right now!! There's no other discussion. I'm glad the coaches are giving them a clean slate because some on here are still working in what these guys did last year.

D RevLee said:
Aren't u the one who inserted yourself into my conversation earlier and exposed how u really feel about Perry, and him not being really to start. Why didn't u reply? Probably bc u made yourself look like a dumb*ss by jumping in a conversation u knew nothing about.

I admit I was wrong, but obviously it didn't bother me since I jumped into your conversation again, not only that but it is a football forum, if you do not want people to jump into your conversation then you should get the other dudes #, like I do not know what u expected posting on here 😂😂😂. But back to what I was saying getting suspended one time is not a character concern.

Advertisement
So early to tell and so many factors go into deciding on who will be the guy. Tate looked like **** early in the spring and the first two scrimmages because he hasn’t worked under center at all except I think briefly his freshman year in high school. That was evident when Enos put him in shotgun for the spring game. Tate and Cam Harris carries that second offense to goal line against the first team defense, it speaks for itself.

If I had to choose now I would say Tate wins out because of Manny Diaz. From the jump, he’s said that he wants an offense that puts stress on a defense. What does that more than anything? A QB who is dangerous with his legs when a play breaks down, you cant plan for that as a coordinator unless you dedicate a spy every play, in that case Tate is shifty enough to make a guy miss more often than not. If Tate can get his footwork and his mechanic ironed out over summer in regards to playing under center than watch out this offense will be fun.

But I think alll three of our QB’s are capable of running an offense twice as good as the one we saw last year.

I will say this right now.... The QB will be Perry, Williams, and then Tate. Mark my words and if you think different let's put money on it. Tate won't be the starting QB. His first time looking the part, and we're ready to crown him King. A lot Homerism going on in these Cane streetz. Let the boys compete.
Thank you!

Advertisement
Back