QB battle prediction thread. And any other battles u feel worth noting

I will say this right now.... The QB will be Perry, Williams, and then Tate. Mark my words and if you think different let's put money on it. Tate won't be the starting QB. His first time looking the part, and we're ready to crown him King. A lot Homerism going on in these Cane streetz. Let the boys compete.

No homerism. I don't care who wins. I am looking at a new transfer and how he has been improving in a new system in comparison to guys who at least had roster familiarity. I also think people are sleeping on Jarren.

Advertisement
No homerism. I don't care who wins. I am looking at a new transfer and how he has been improving in a new system in comparison to guys who at least had roster familiarity. I also think people are sleeping on Jarren.

New system means all Quarterbacks started at square #1. Also, I played Quarterback until I stopped growing. Roster Familiarity isn't a bonus bruh... If you can throw you can throw period. The same receivers he had at OSU he has at MIA. Throw the ball and consistently. He had one good outing I need to see more.

New system means all Quarterbacks started at square #1. Also, I played Quarterback until I stopped growing. Roster Familiarity isn't a bonus bruh... If you can throw you can throw period. The same receivers he had at OSU he has at MIA. Throw the ball and consistently. He had one good outing I need to see more.

Roster familiarity IS IMPORTANT when guys you have been practicing with for at least a year versus a couple weeks can help you with tendencies and preferences. No one is the same on any roster. Very stupid comment. I think Tate knows what he has to work on given he's already been improving so much. That said so do the other two. Based on updates, I had Jarren as the guy until the end, so I'm sure he will be right there before August 24.

And is it one good outing, or the final CUMULATIVE outing after multiple games/practices that we should be looking at? Is it average performance, or is it the rate of performance judged at the very end when the final performance may show the overall rate of improvement? You have to show a little depth in this ;)

One week Williams is King, and Now Tate is King. Funny though... The Quarterback who had some growing pains yes, but did step up in some games... Also, Who has been the most consistent in the Spring is treated like a peasant. Florida DBs aren't a JOKE go check the film, and you'll see that. I don't care who the QB is I trust the coach. We just need one who can throw. We won't beat them if we can't throw.

Good day.

Advertisement
Tate: Just looks like the type of kid who get's it done in ugly ways. Throws a ton of fastballs, generally looks to escape the pocket after his first two reads. Needs to show that he can make more touch throws and has the arm strength to get it downfield. Needs to improve on working under center, but should primarily operate under shotgun.

Kosi: Looks like the most natural QB out there. Looks the most comfortable in pocket of the three. Needs to work on his internal clock he has a tendency to hang onto ball too long 2-3 times a game. He can make all the throws and he's a decent enough threat with his legs. Needs to make it out the summer incident free and become a true leader.

Jarren: I haven't seen enough of him to make judgement past what i saw at scrimmage. Took a bad sack in the endzone, got happy feet in the pocket a few times. Throws a very catchable ball but needs to throw with more zip on occasion. Concerned about how his style of play fits behind our current leaky OL. I want to see more. He has the tools.

Last edited:
I've seen Tate and Perry in actual games, so I have them ahead of Williams. Perry would be the starter if it were to be decided today. If I had to put money on who starts against Florida I'm going to stay with Tate,but Perry winning out wouldn't surprise me.

Advertisement
I mean first u should probably stop assuming Jarrens character concern was him transferring. That let's me know u question his character. If u would have kept scrolling instead of being so eager to reply to me u would see his character concern comes from his suspension.

Nothing about Tate transferring here has to do with character concerns. U must be too naive to see Fields is guaranteed that job. Mathew Baldwin outperformed Fields in the OSU spring game and then transferred the next day. But let me guess, character concern right? Lmao.

It's not **** riding when you're stating facts. But u already knew that. U were just so upset that I had a point all u could come up with was "**** riding" lmao. Good one 👍🏼

Nah, it's purely you **** riding while trying to tear down the other two. The vast majority of your posts are about the transfer kid and everyone sees that.

Kids get suspended all the time. You want to label both of our QB's, who came here when we sucked while picking us over others who had done more on the field as young men with character flaws. People do make mistakes and they hopefully learn from it. I should provide your silly *** with a list of what some of our past Canes have done and gotten suspensed for, but why bring up the past that matters little. Same for the rest of the NCAA.

It's funny how much you put into spring games. One day doesn't make someone the champ. I'm glad "your champ" had a good day, hopefully he can continue to improve. It doesn't change the fact that he's been behind all Spring. That ultimately may not matter through the summer or even fall, but your constant drivel is tiresome to say the least.

Gotta be a troll or fam with the young man. If Fields was promised that OSU job, what was Tate promised to come here? He surely would've had better options than a trying to rise from the ashes Miami.

Hot take: DB is among our deepest units with lots of versatility and movable pieces.

Bandy CB, NB
Finley STRK, SS
Ivey CB
Carter SS, STRK
Blades CB
Hall FS
D. Smith FS, STRK, NB
Frierson STRK, CB
Bolden SS, FS
Bethel CB
Williams CB
K. Smith SS, STRK
Knowles FS
Couch CB

We really need one of the QBs to step up and own the starting spot. Right now we have this merry-go-round with each guy taking turns at looking the best. That is not a recipe for success, we need a clear starter come fall. It's like the old adage, "if you have two quarterbacks, you really have none." Well, it gets more muddied with three. If I had to guess who will start, I'd say it's Tate because I chalk up much of his early struggles to a lack of familiarity with the WRs, his mobility will be needed with our OLine, and we keep hearing Enos and Diaz talk about leadership and I don't worry about him doing stupid stuff off-field.

But make no mistake, he needs to earn the job. So if he regresses and plays like he did in the scrimmage, I can easily see N'Kosi or Jarren getting the starting nod. I just think the odds have to somewhat slightly favor Tate as of this moment.

Only reasons I want Tate are because the kid never lost in HS, found ways to win even if it wasn’t pretty, he beat school all over the nation.

Second we’d be so hated with gimbal at QB, you just know he’ll pull some Mayfield antics

Advertisement
I guess if this thread is silly than why have a CIS or any other board.
This QB competition is one of the most important battles in UM in 30 years and this thread isn’t important 🙄

GOCANES

Nah, it's purely you **** riding while trying to tear down the other two. The vast majority of your posts are about the transfer kid and everyone sees that.

Kids get suspended all the time. You want to label both of our QB's, who came here when we sucked while picking us over others who had done more on the field as young men with character flaws. People do make mistakes and they hopefully learn from it. I should provide your silly *** with a list of what some of our past Canes have done and gotten suspensed for, but why bring up the past that matters little. Same for the rest of the NCAA.

It's funny how much you put into spring games. One day doesn't make someone the champ. I'm glad "your champ" had a good day, hopefully he can continue to improve. It doesn't change the fact that he's been behind all Spring. That ultimately may not matter through the summer or even fall, but your constant drivel is tiresome to say the least.

Gotta be a troll or fam with the young man. If Fields was promised that OSU job, what was Tate promised to come here? He surely would've had better options than a trying to rise from the ashes Miami.

Instead of providing a list of past Canes that have got suspended, why don't u show me a list of Tate Martell's suspensions. U know, bc that is who they are competing against isn't it?

I don't put that much into spring games. What he did yesterday I knew he could do all along. Everyone else put so much into the glorified practice at Traz so I decided to return that energy. Funny though, all the people who had something to say to me after Traz have nothing to say now.

So in your mind bc Fields was promised the job at OSU that has to mean Tate was promised the job here? Sounds real logical lmao. Two totally different situations, two totally different coaching staffs. I don't even know how u drew comparisons between the two. Looks to me like Tate isn't scared of competition. Name one other QB that transferred to a school to compete with two other 4 stars on the roster. One from the same class and one from the class after.

I think Tate separated himself bc he was the only one to do well against the 1D. Also he had a great drive with the 2O on the 1D. Maybe he lacked confidence during the early parts of spring and now has it back and it’s helping his play

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mean first u should probably stop assuming Jarrens character concern was him transferring. That let's me know u question his character. If u would have kept scrolling instead of being so eager to reply to me u would see his character concern comes from his suspension.

Nothing about Tate transferring here has to do with character concerns. U must be too naive to see Fields is guaranteed that job. Mathew Baldwin outperformed Fields in the OSU spring game and then transferred the next day. But let me guess, character concern right? Lmao.

It's not **** riding when you're stating facts. But u already knew that. U were just so upset that I had a point all u could come up with was "**** riding" lmao. Good one 👍🏼
@SayWhat ouch bud take a seat and log off for a couple days. Sometimes people can’t handle the truth.

Either Tate Martell wins it outright or Kosi and Tate split time at QB all year.. Martell is just too good of a playmaker not to get on the field

He exhibited character concerns when it was reported he was suspended for a game.
You have seen Tate get benched for changing the plays after he'd been told not to? Or when he had his cell phone posting when he wasn't supposed to, only to have a family member cover for him when confronted by his coach. There all 3 knuckleheads to some degree, right? The fact that one can't pull away from the other two tells me we still have none or at least not THE 1.

Honestly, after constantly reading those updates through the entirety of spring practice I thought Tate was a bust and Jarren had caught Perry. The fact that Tate caught up at the very end after just transferring and learning a brand new system tells me he will be the guy in August.

He must be busting his *** to have improved as much as he did over a couple weeks and I bet he puts in the work he needs under center to become more complete and win the job by August.

The summer for improvement is here, though, and I see Jarren also passing Perry by August. It will continue to be a tight battle by August 24.
So ur saying tate is gonna be the guy becuase he had one good spring game and is learning a new system.

Advertisement
Back