QB battle prediction thread. And any other battles u feel worth noting

canes732

Crafty veteran
Premium
What I believe and what I think will happen.

I worry about Kosi when his 1st read isn’t there it seems he panics a bit and holds the ball out of fear of turning it over. Which is good to not turn it over. I may be completely off about Perry and his ability to read and react to a Defense but that is just what it looks like to me

Williams just seems like a great practice QB then the game starts and bodies start flying all around and he makes a poor decision. But I think he will fix it with more time is all. He has all the tools.

Having said all that Perry and Williams have both out preformed Tate in practice all spring.

Tate is uncomfortable under center and it shows. But in the gun he’s a natural looks smooth. But if Enos wants to be under center more often than not then he will go with either Perry or Williams

My prediction is Tate will eventually win the job. I think with more time, development and reps under center he will become more consistent. And in turn he will pull away from Perry and Williams.

My 2 cents let me know what u guys think. Curious as to what everyone else thinks

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Tate gets comfortable taking snaps from center and can make the 3/5/7 step drops and throw from the pocket better than he'll win the job. Only because he's the hand picked QB from this staff.

If Tate continues to struggle I think Williams will start but I must confess that Perry has surprised me. It seems he grew and understands that he can't do the **** **** he was doing last season off the field if he wants to start.

As far as other battles, Ivey will lockdown the 2nd CB spot if he hasn't already. I'm interested to see who's going to be G. Hall's running mate at Safety. I love A. Carter but if Bolden is what everyone says he is we have a chance to have a more exciting secondary the next few years.

We have so many injuries at LB but I want to see at least 2 backups step up to be soild in the rotation.

Advertisement
He exhibited character concerns when it was reported he was suspended for a game.

Not that I blame him, but you're stating character concerns while riding the **** of the transfer kid who flew the coop when Fields came to town. Even if Jarren contemplated transferring, he didnt while Tate.........

This one is easy if health is good on all three and they keep their noses clean this spring and fall. Perry

Not that I blame him, but you're stating character concerns while riding the **** of the transfer kid who flew the coop when Fields came to town. Even if Jarren contemplated transferring, he didnt while Tate.........

This one is easy if health is good on all three and they keep their noses clean this spring and fall. Perry

I mean first u should probably stop assuming Jarrens character concern was him transferring. That let's me know u question his character. If u would have kept scrolling instead of being so eager to reply to me u would see his character concern comes from his suspension.

Nothing about Tate transferring here has to do with character concerns. U must be too naive to see Fields is guaranteed that job. Mathew Baldwin outperformed Fields in the OSU spring game and then transferred the next day. But let me guess, character concern right? Lmao.

It's not **** riding when you're stating facts. But u already knew that. U were just so upset that I had a point all u could come up with was "**** riding" lmao. Good one 👍🏼

Advertisement
It is simply a great feeling to know that we will (more than likely) be in good hands no matter who starts because Enos knows what he is doing and will adjust his offense accordingly.

Sure beats previous spring feelings in which we had the same uncertainty but no optimism because each QB looked horrible.

Tate or Williams. Perry doesn't have it.

Battle for starting RB is gonna get really interesting. I think Cam is gonna emerge ahead of Dallas. He looked ridiculous. We have a good problem at RB.
Did u watch yesterday? Perry is really turning himself around. Him and Tate will battle it out but it seems as though Perry is taking control of his talent to bring it all together

Honestly, after constantly reading those updates through the entirety of spring practice I thought Tate was a bust and Jarren had caught Perry. The fact that Tate caught up at the very end after just transferring and learning a brand new system tells me he will be the guy in August.

He must be busting his *** to have improved as much as he did over a couple weeks and I bet he puts in the work he needs under center to become more complete and win the job by August.

The summer for improvement is here, though, and I see Jarren also passing Perry by August. It will continue to be a tight battle by August 24.

Advertisement
Did u watch yesterday? Perry is really turning himself around. Him and Tate will battle it out but it seems as though Perry is taking control of his talent to bring it all together

Perry still made slow decisions and a few times put the ball up for grabs. Tate on the other hand was extremely decisive, and simply made plays. He was the best QB of the day. Williams did not have a lot of opportunities to unleash passes. He did however complete the 3 of the 4 best passes of the day. Williams has the most upside.

QB battle to me is wide open. They all looked better than what we had last year which is the most important thing.

Honestly, after constantly reading those updates through the entirety of spring practice I thought Tate was a bust and Jarren had caught Perry. The fact that Tate caught up at the very end after just transferring and learning a brand new system tells me he will be the guy in August.

He must be busting his *** to have improved as much as he did over a couple weeks and I bet he puts in the work he needs under center to become more complete and win the job by August.

The summer for improvement is here, though, and I see Jarren also passing Perry by August. It will continue to be a tight battle by August 24.

I think Tate has the advantage in terms of being a balla and leader. Don't underestimate the importance of that.

Advertisement
I will say this right now.... The QB will be Perry, Williams, and then Tate. Mark my words and if you think different let's put money on it. Tate won't be the starting QB. His first time looking the part, and we're ready to crown him King. A lot Homerism going on in these Cane streetz. Let the boys compete.

Advertisement
Back