QB battle prediction thread. And any other battles u feel worth noting

Instead of providing a list of past Canes that have got suspended, why don't u show me a list of Tate Martell's suspensions. U know, bc that is who they are competing against isn't it?

I don't put that much into spring games. What he did yesterday I knew he could do all along. Everyone else put so much into the glorified practice at Traz so I decided to return that energy. Funny though, all the people who had something to say to me after Traz have nothing to say now.

So in your mind bc Fields was promised the job at OSU that has to mean Tate was promised the job here? Sounds real logical lmao. Two totally different situations, two totally different coaching staffs. I don't even know how u drew comparisons between the two. Looks to me like Tate isn't scared of competition. Name one other QB that transferred to a school to compete with two other 4 stars on the roster. One from the same class and one from the class after.

I will simplify this for you.

Fields is the second highest rated QB coming out of high school EVER. Not just his year, but of ALL-TIME. Trevor Lawrence is the only person rated higher than him EVER.

Fields was the star transfer of the year and most would say a greater grab than any recruit in this past class. He rates higher than any of them at least.

When he decided to leave Georgia, there are only a handful of schools that have the rep to land a prospect of that magnitude.

So OSU was a natural choice. Once he picked them, he was the odds on favorite to win the job as they had no incumbent QB. They would've all started out as inexperienced QB's with a shot to win the job.

Fields wasn't scared of Tate or that other dude who just tossed his name in the portal. Everyone in the country would've expected Fields to win QB1.

Tate knew that. That picture showing Fields with Tate in the background, well duh......one was the mega recruit and is going to naturally get some Primetime recruiting.

So Tate looks here. He was a higher rated recruit than Perry or Williams. He wasn't the mega recruit Fields was, but Perry on the field last year didn't exactly inspire confidence that he would be the man going forward. Tate probably thought he could come in and win the job easily.

It's that or he was promised something. I don't believe that, nor so I believe Fields was either. Above, I've already said why Fields didn't have to be promised anything, he was the big-time favorite to win the starting role the minute he announced.

Tate isn't squeaky clean either as another pointed out. I don't care about any of that, these are all young men who will do dumb stuff on occasion. I still think it was busy league of you to try and tear Perry and Williams down like you did.

Advertisement
Compared to the last two seasons, the marked improvement with a real QB coach and offensive coordinator has shown what great coaching can do in bringing out the talent level plus improve that talent. The progress made under this staff for N'Kosi and Jarrren is incredible, unfortunately that improvement has elevated both equally and Martell thrown into the equation has us where there will not be a bad choice. At this point it is up to each to show improvement physically as well as mentally during the summer. I trust this staff to come up with a viable solution unlike Jon Richt and Daddy. Our QB's got worse as the season went on, with the improvement we've seen in several weeks is nothing but encouraging. May the best man win the job.

Indeed, may the best man win.

One thing that's nice is that I feel we'll actually have viable backups in case the starter is injured or struggling.

I still think it'll be Perry, he's the leader out of the Spring, but would be fine with anyone. Yes, I said leader as he's been far more consistent than either of the other two.

McCloud
Joyner
Frierson
That's only 1. McCloud starts in the base D and backs up Pickney I guess when the Striker is in the game and Frierson is the backup Striker. Joyner made plays in the game but he just switched back to LB. He would be in consideration for one of the LBers that need to step up.

I hope Jennings will be back. I don't know how bad he was injured. He seemed like he could step in and start if needed.

I will simplify this for you.

Fields is the second highest rated QB coming out of high school EVER. Not just his year, but of ALL-TIME. Trevor Lawrence is the only person rated higher than him EVER.

Fields was the star transfer of the year and most would say a greater grab than any recruit in this past class. He rates higher than any of them at least.

When he decided to leave Georgia, there are only a handful of schools that have the rep to land a prospect of that magnitude.

So OSU was a natural choice. Once he picked them, he was the odds on favorite to win the job as they had no incumbent QB. They would've all started out as inexperienced QB's with a shot to win the job.

Fields wasn't scared of Tate or that other dude who just tossed his name in the portal. Everyone in the country would've expected Fields to win QB1.

Tate knew that. That picture showing Fields with Tate in the background, well duh......one was the mega recruit and is going to naturally get some Primetime recruiting.

So Tate looks here. He was a higher rated recruit than Perry or Williams. He wasn't the mega recruit Fields was, but Perry on the field last year didn't exactly inspire confidence that he would be the man going forward. Tate probably thought he could come in and win the job easily.

It's that or he was promised something. I don't believe that, nor so I believe Fields was either. Above, I've already said why Fields didn't have to be promised anything, he was the big-time favorite to win the starting role the minute he announced.

Tate isn't squeaky clean either as another pointed out. I don't care about any of that, these are all young men who will do dumb stuff on occasion. I still think it was busy league of you to try and tear Perry and Williams down like you did.

U just wrote a page about a whole lot of nothing.

That QB battle at OSU is not an open competition. That is Fields job. Something happened either during the spring game or after for Baldwin to finally realize it and transfer, even after outplaying Fields.

Let me get this straight, everyone says what Tate did in HS doesn't matter when it comes to stats. Now that u want to find some dirt on him HS does matter? Straight hater sh*t. Lmao and the dirt u point to is him tweeting during a game. U all have to do better than that.

Also how am I trying to tear Williams and Perry down by stating facts? It's not my opinion that one was suspended and the other one was not only suspended, but also made a sextape. Those are facts, my guy.

Advertisement
I think all three will play in 2019, and whomever starts on 08/24 against UF may not be the starter on 11/30 at Duke.

Perry needs to prove his maturity, true. Williams, I’m not worried about his ‘character’ issue. He slipped up as freshman, after getting load of bullish!t from Richt and Richt Jr. Martel needs to become a quarterback rather than a guy who scrambles around trying to make plays. He’s definitely talented.

So there.

Last edited:
All the QB stuff aside, Special Teams is a HUGE concern for me. I know we get a new punter, so that is TBD. I want to see better kickoff coverage, returns and overall change. Baxa missing another short field goal is also not encouraging. A three phase complete game for the first time in over a decade would be nice.

Semper Canes!!!

He exhibited character concerns when it was reported he was suspended for a game.
Still with that "character concern" nonsense about Williams, I see. Top players across the nation have been suspended for a game. Players that many consider high character kids. A one game suspension does not equal "character concerns."

Advertisement
Still with that "character concern" nonsense about Williams, I see. Top players across the nation have been suspended for a game. Players that many consider high character kids. A one game suspension does not equal "character concerns."

Whatever he did to get suspended is the character concern. He is a D1 P5 QB. He knows what to do and not to do. He chose to do something he wasn't suppose to. That is a character concern.

We are not comparing him to top players in the nation. We are comparing him to the guys he's competing agaisnt in the QB room.

Whatever he did to get suspended is the character concern. He is a D1 P5 QB. He knows what to do and not to do. He chose to do something he wasn't suppose to. That is a character concern.

We are not comparing him to top players in the nation. We are comparing him to the guys he's competing agaisnt in the QB room.
No it is not, it is considered a character concern when it is done repeatedly.

Advertisement
No it is not, it is considered a character concern when it is done repeatedly.

Aren't u the one who inserted yourself into my conversation earlier and exposed how u really feel about Perry, and him not being really to start. Why didn't u reply? Probably bc u made yourself look like a dumb*ss by jumping in a conversation u knew nothing about.

Aren't u the one who inserted yourself into my conversation earlier and exposed how u really feel about Perry, and him not being really to start. Why didn't u reply? Probably bc u made yourself look like a dumb*ss by jumping in a conversation u knew nothing about.
I admit I was wrong, but obviously it didn't bother me since I jumped into your conversation again, not only that but it is a football forum, if you do not want people to jump into your conversation then you should get the other dudes #, like I do not know what u expected posting on here 😂😂😂. But back to what I was saying getting suspended one time is not a character concern.

No, that's simply ridiculous. Whether or not a player gets suspended has so many factors involved. Being in a Mark Richt team makes one far more likely to be suspended for something minor, relative to being on an Urban Meyer team. So just because Williams got suspended (and there are NO accounts that it's for anything serious in any way) doesn't mean he's got any more "character issues" than Martell or anyone else. You seem desperate to put the others down in order to elevate Martell. It's almost obsessive.

Advertisement
I admit I was wrong, but obviously it didn't bother me since I jumped into your conversation again, not only that but it is a football forum, if you do not want people to jump into your conversation then you should get the other dudes #, like I do not know what u expected posting on here 😂😂😂. But back to what I was saying getting suspended one time is not a character concern.

Respect. Now we can debate.

When a D1 QB does something that gets him suspended u have to question his character. Yeah mistakes do happen but that doesn't negate the fact he did something he shouldn't have.

No, that's simply ridiculous. Whether or not a player gets suspended has so many factors involved. Being in a Mark Richt team makes one far more likely to be suspended for something minor, relative to being on an Urban Meyer team. So just because Williams got suspended (and there are NO accounts that it's for anything serious in any way) doesn't mean he's got any more "character issues" than Martell or anyone else. You seem desperate to put the others down in order to elevate Martell. It's almost obsessive.

U don't get suspended for doing the right thing. U get suspended for doing something u shouldn't have. It's not me putting anyone down. It's me stating facts. Jarren was suspended. Kosi made a sextape and got suspended. Those are facts. So me stating facts is putting them down?

Respect. Now we can debate.

When a D1 QB does something that gets him suspended u have to question his character. Yeah mistakes do happen but that doesn't negate the fact he did something he shouldn't have.
Regardless if u are right or not, I am given all 3 QBs a clean slate. I'm rooting for all 3 to get better, now if Nkosi or Jarren gets suspended again then my view on them will change becuase there is no excuse for having bad leadership and coaching this time around.

Advertisement
Back