QB - A Poor Performance Yesterday

Williams looked just as awful two years ago in spring game,and that was him getting majority of the snaps. SM was out with the back injury. But now some think RW is the second coming of Dorsey. Funny how things change.

It's a freaking spring game.

Is there concerns? Yes. But I had concerns with RW being the qb, he hasn't proven anything either. One guy is in his second year of college and another is in their fifth year. Let the kid at least have one week of starter snaps before we classify him as garbage.

Worst case KO isn't the future, if that happens Kayaa will take the job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Williams looked just as awful two years ago in spring game,and that was him getting majority of the snaps. SM was out with the back injury. But now some think RW is the second coming of Dorsey. Funny how things change.

You gotta admit though bro, that was a schit-show yesterday.

You gotta admit though bro, that was a schit-show yesterday.

Funny you mention that, because I edited my post , and added that I'm concerned.

So why didn't golden play Williams last year over a one legged inconsistent Stephen Morris? Suddenly people are painting Williams as this great game manager and he may well be that. But if that's the case then why didn't golden play him? Either Williams is garbage and just slightly better than Olsen (at this point in time) in which case we were gonna be screwed this season with either one starting, or Williams is an average/serviceable qb that can manage the game and golden botched the whole QB situation last season.

Advertisement
You olsen slurpers now will bandwagon kaaya. Then who??
Seriously. Ko has 4 months to work on things.

KO has had a year and a half to work on things, not sure he gets better in 4 months. I had very high hopes for him coming in but he has not stepped up at all.

so you expected a red shirt freshman to come in and be a stud right away, right makes sense

By no means am I comparing him to Winsrape up at Trailerhassee but last season everyone left their spring game saying he was over hyped and not sure what the big deal was. Watching it I think he was trying to hard to impress fans instead of playing the game. He had WR wide open on a few plays and instead decided to throw the long ball or try to make that Ohh Ahh play instead of hitting the open guy and letting him go. That was my favorite thing about Williams he would have killed teams with releasing the ball quickly to his playmakers and then hitting over the top when it was there.

Who was saying Winston was overhype? No one... 1st pass of that game he threw a 60 yd td pass to a walk-on wide out on his 1st team defense... Joyner was the corner on that wideout... I didn't see the scrimmage so I don't have am opinion of Olsen, however Jameis lived up to the hype last spring game...

You olsen slurpers now will bandwagon kaaya. Then who??
Seriously. Ko has 4 months to work on things.

KO has had a year and a half to work on things, not sure he gets better in 4 months. I had very high hopes for him coming in but he has not stepped up at all.

so you expected a red shirt freshman to come in and be a stud right away, right makes sense

I think this year will be our worst season at the qb position since 08... That being said, I only feel that way due to inexperience... Even with Williams at qb it would have been a step back from last year... As for KO I totally agree, with you... Give the kid time... He's only a RS-freshman... He hasn't even been here for a year... Didn't he come last June? I also hate the "Baby Jesus" mantra... Quit building these kids up to tear them down...

KO will be fine... I think he'll take his lumps but we need to support him so he 'll be strong enough to bounce back... He may not be a Bradford, Winston or Manziel but he can still be good... We need to give these players a chance... It was wishful thinking to expect for him to light it up... Kid has gone from 4th string to starter in like 4 months... Give him time...

By no means am I comparing him to Winsrape up at Trailerhassee but last season everyone left their spring game saying he was over hyped and not sure what the big deal was. Watching it I think he was trying to hard to impress fans instead of playing the game. He had WR wide open on a few plays and instead decided to throw the long ball or try to make that Ohh Ahh play instead of hitting the open guy and letting him go. That was my favorite thing about Williams he would have killed teams with releasing the ball quickly to his playmakers and then hitting over the top when it was there.

Who was saying Winston was overhype? No one... 1st pass of that game he threw a 60 yd td pass to a walk-on wide out on his 1st team defense... Joyner was the corner on that wideout... I didn't see the scrimmage so I don't have am opinion of Olsen, however Jameis lived up to the hype last spring game...

Yep, he was 12-15 205 yds against the reigning and what turned out to be the #1 pass D in the nation, again....his hype really took off after his spring game performance.

Advertisement
I feel like we've watched a lot of ****** football the last few years and said:

"Oh well meaningless game/practice"

"Not worried"

"Don't jump to conclusions"

But there has been plenty of foreshadowing. I dunno. Maybe not the end of the world, but it ain't good.

He's got 5 months to improve so I'm not too worried. Will be interesting to see what Kaaya is about and what kind of competition he'll bring come this summer.
He's had almost year to improve since arriving, and it hasn't shown. In any significant way. Plus the maturity questions...

i saw 4 kaaya games in person out here in LA, and I know the competition isn't the same, and it's apples and oranges and blah blah blah, true freshman etc..... But my gut says when I arrive in Lincoln Nebraska, some dude named Brad will be lined up behind center.

I dont really care who it is, long as we have someone who can get it done. But that's what I see from afar. .

Last edited:

Love our fan base. Don't watch spring game of own team, but can remember our rivals game from a year ago.

Last edited:
He's got 5 months to improve so I'm not too worried. Will be interesting to see what Kaaya is about and what kind of competition he'll bring come this summer.
He's had almost year to improve since arriving, and it hasn't shown. In any significant way. Plus the maturity questions...

i saw 4 kaaya games in person out here in LA, and I know the competition isn't the same, and it's apples and oranges and blah blah blah, true freshman etc..... But my gut says when I arrive in Lincoln Nebraska, some dude named Brad will be lined up behind center.

I dont one really care who it is, long as we have someone who can get it done. But that's what I see from afar. .

It's a leap just because he has to be that much better than Olsen to overcome his inexperience lack of knowledge of the plays etc. would love to see it because it means he is special but I am not betting on it.

Advertisement
Miss me yet?
14.jpeg

Well the good news is this board is most often incorrect. Guess the kid will be in NYC for the Heisman.. lol
i hope the kid becomes a part of the "GOAT" conversation. It's truly up to him.
142.gif

I see the written fellatio of Jedd Fisch will continue for another year. People seem to forget the putridness of his offenses against Notre Dame, K-State and FSU in 2012. Didn't people have problems with his lack of running the ball in the redzone? Those three fade patterns to Lockhart when we were down six to FSU in the third quarter come to mind.

So let me get this right...Dorito gets a pass for "not having enough talent" on the field but Fisch doesnt? lol. Whose an offensive coordinator in the NFL right now? yeah, thought so.

WTF are you even talking about? Did I hire our DC? Who the **** is giving him a pass? What argument are you even making? Go have the "Dorito gets a pass argument" with someone who actually feels that way.

The rush to defend Fisch is so strong that we have people in here spouting nonsense.

I'm not saying you give him a pass im saying in general he gets a pass from fans, which is bull**** imo. Fisch actually had a decent offense even though his Redzone playcalls would give me a headache. I believe he's a much better QB coach than Coley (which we will find out how good he is with Olsen, Kaaya, Rosier). We defend Fisch because it was amazing what he did with Morris and how he had him playing at the end of the year before last.

Advertisement

Love our fan base. Don't watch spring game of own team, but can remember our rivals game from a year ago.

Oh what team do you root for? I'm here defending the qb of my canes team... I can't watch fellow fans tear down a player of my team... That being said, since I started posting in these forums since 08 I notice you don't know anything about support... Since I started posting, I noticed you spent the entire years of 2008 until who knows when wishing failure on the players and prior staff... You became an expert at hating your supposed favorite team... You get on me for not being able to see the scrimmage(don't know my situation), but you still haven't lend any encouraging words in regards of KO... Stop trying to heckle me and focus on building some support within the canes' community...

Then again I may be demanding too much because you have hated this team for so long... That also brings me back to the original question... What team do you root for?

I have had the expectations of up and down QB play going into this season even before Williams went down. Which is the reason why I expect 7-5 with the way our defense has performed the last 2 years. Unless the defense shows major improvement I still expect 7-5. Olsen, Kaaya, Rosier or by some miracle Williams is back to start the season. With the OL we have, Duke and other backs, WRs and TEs there is enough talent for a QB to be ateast decent. But how far we go will depend mostly on this defense. Even Tom Brady would struggle to win 10 games with the way our defense had looked the last 2 years.

Last edited:
Miss me yet?
14.jpeg
I can see the excuse making taking root. Ryan Williams is suddenly turning into the savior of the program. Yet Golden had so little faith in Williams that he wouldn't even put him in for an injured Morris that was playing erratic at best. By midseason if the QB play is subpar all we are going to hear is how good Williams would have been, when in actuality no one really knows.

Valid points made.

Reality though, is Olsen ain't ready. Nor should we expect him to be. RW has been here a while, and has experience at this level. I don't think that RW is the second coming of Dorsey, but I do believe the offense would be in better shape with him at the helm. All this, "It's a spring game" crap does nothing for me. What I saw last night scared the living **** out of me. I'd be much more comfortable with the scenario of Olsen beating out RW, not RW blowing out his knee, so now Olsen has to be Jesus.

I've never been a Olsen fan either, maybe that contributes to my disposition. I feel that if RW doesn't get back, HBK is going to get that starting job. From reading "The Work" this kid is putting in some serious f'n work to not hold that **** clipboard.

I'm a huge RW fan. Wanted to see him get his shot, no matter how limited it may or may not have been.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back