QB - A Poor Performance Yesterday

Valid points made.

Reality though, is Olsen ain't ready. Nor should we expect him to be. RW has been here a while, and has experience at this level. I don't think that RW is the second coming of Dorsey, but I do believe the offense would be in better shape with him at the helm. All this, "It's a spring game" crap does nothing for me. What I saw last night scared the living **** out of me. I'd be much more comfortable with the scenario of Olsen beating out RW, not RW blowing out his knee, so now Olsen has to be Jesus.

I've never been a Olsen fan either, maybe that contributes to my disposition. I feel that if RW doesn't get back, HBK is going to get that starting job. From reading "The Work" this kid is putting in some serious f'n work to not hold that **** clipboard.

I'm a huge RW fan. Wanted to see him get his shot, no matter how limited it may or may not have been.

LOL at this quote. Dude Pete is the biggest homer on this board. He is a good guy but he also thinks he Rick Ross is the best rapper alive.

Advertisement
Valid points made.

Reality though, is Olsen ain't ready. Nor should we expect him to be. RW has been here a while, and has experience at this level. I don't think that RW is the second coming of Dorsey, but I do believe the offense would be in better shape with him at the helm. All this, "It's a spring game" crap does nothing for me. What I saw last night scared the living **** out of me. I'd be much more comfortable with the scenario of Olsen beating out RW, not RW blowing out his knee, so now Olsen has to be Jesus.

I've never been a Olsen fan either, maybe that contributes to my disposition. I feel that if RW doesn't get back, HBK is going to get that starting job. From reading "The Work" this kid is putting in some serious f'n work to not hold that **** clipboard.

I'm a huge RW fan. Wanted to see him get his shot, no matter how limited it may or may not have been.
I was one of the people clamoring for Williams last year. He probably could have played against GT, WF and UNC and we may have still been able to win those games if he's the game manager many believe. Don't know why Golden refused to play him, but I thought it was a bad decision based on the little info we had. He definitely couldn't have played much worse than Morris in some of the games mentioned above. It would have been nice to see what we had in Williams for this upcoming season. But it wasn't to be and I feel for him. I haven't given up on Olsen yet. Taking the wait and see approach.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

I just hope that Pete isn't being a "homer", and HBK is really putting in work. Between the cloud, and everything else, I don't want another reason/excuse why we aren't making actual progress towards being what UM is supposed to be. I've been patient enough.

This roster is f'n stacked, and I'd be damned if I have to watch us sink to the depths further because of a **** injury. Patience is running out. Jimmies getting to over-rustle after that **** spring game.

Must seek unrustlement........

Miss me yet?
14.jpeg

Sadly, we may never know if we will miss Williams. What we do know is this.

That, for whatever reason. He couldn't start over an injured Morris 2 years in a row. Even though he scored our only TD vs K-State, and came in with about 7 mins left on the clock vs UNC, and out performed the man ahead of him. He was not chosen to be the starter the very next game vs FSU.

Even last season. When he played well when he got his chance. He could still not keep an injured, inept Morris on the bench.

IMHO, i doubt seriously that we would have seen much difference with him in that, so called spring game. I just don't believe Golden was going to allow. This offense to run anything. That would leave doubts in anyone's minds about the defense. Going into the summer.

He can now say the defense is making the proper steps. Like he has always known it would.

Barring an injury. Olsen is going to be the starter of this team. This coming season, and people better get used to it.

I think the RW vs Snickers was all on Golden. The cloud caused that crap. Golden feeling like he has to start the senior, who stuck through the muckenfuss.

We'll have to wait and see what happens. Not encouraged though.

Advertisement
Results for Olsen didn't matter yesterday. The arm wasn't there. The moxie wasn't there. Field presence wasn't there. Athletic ability wasn't there. I don't see how we can kid ourselves and project big results when the foundational aspects are lacking.

From the brief glimpses I've seen of Kaaya he's a cut above in all categories.

The roster as a whole simply isn't overwhelming. I was watching that spring game wondering how we could possibly be rated high in preseason given the lack of dominant players. Other than the receiving corp I didn't see anything special. Maybe the freshman who arrive in fall will brighten my outlook because after yesterday I don't expect much from 2014.

Results for Olsen didn't matter yesterday. The arm wasn't there. The moxie wasn't there. Field presence wasn't there. Athletic ability wasn't there. I don't see how we can kid ourselves and project big results when the foundational aspects are lacking.

From the brief glimpses I've seen of Kaaya he's a cut above in all categories.

The roster as a whole simply isn't overwhelming. I was watching that spring game wondering how we could possibly be rated high in preseason given the lack of dominant players. Other than the receiving corp I didn't see anything special. Maybe the freshman who arrive in fall will brighten my outlook because after yesterday I don't expect much from 2014.

Our linebackers and secondary are pretty **** good. The o-line with Flowers and Gadbois and others look to be good. Running backs did well, seeing how Duke and Yearby are out. Receivers are pointless right now. No way to use them with what I saw Saturday. Stacy looked so uninterested it was like he was day dreaming the entire time.

Agree on your assessment of Kaaya and Olsen.

Advertisement
I think the RW vs Snickers was all on Golden. The cloud caused that crap. Golden feeling like he has to start the senior, who stuck through the muckenfuss.

We'll have to wait and see what happens. Not encouraged though.

Lol no. Stephen was and still would be the better option. Stemo has legit NFL tools, and was playing injured. Ryan has nothing on Morris.

The argument that if the backup can't beat the starter than he is obviously worse than the starter is null and void.

This happens, a guy rides the pine (RW) and only gets his chance once the starter leaves (SM) and than the backup does better than the prior starter. Obviously college football doesn't have a diminishing product year-to-year. Every year players leave and other players replace them. Some are better, some are worse, some have similar results.

Now Williams is out, even if his recovery is quick, he is likely not going to be 100% for UL...so we're going with someone else.

Now regardless of how vanilla the playbook was for KO during the spring game....he didn't stand out. This will be a truly open competition.

I am not asking for much from the starter game 1. If someone can go in there and distribute the ball, without turning it over, to the TEs, Coley and RBs, I am fine. If some QB can just move the chains, I would be fine. I expect us to focus on the run and we actually have RBs and an OL that can feature the run.

I know Petrino will have his offense working well, but I don't think he is going to put up some monster result week one EVEN AGAINST OUR D. If we can escape from UL with a win, the QBs have 2 crap opponents and 3 weeks to figure things out before it gets real again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back