QB - A Poor Performance Yesterday

Lauderdale

Redshirt Freshman
I don't think that there's anyway to sugar coat yesterday's performance by Kevin Olsen, it was a poor outing by the redshirt freshman. He has to work on his mechanics and stop the happy feet and quasi sidearm deliveries that will only lead to a lot of interceptions, inaccurate throws and batted balls at the line of scrimmage.

He was not able to consistently hit receivers mid-field and was frequently over throwing into coverage. He seems to feel most comfortable with sideline patterns which tend to be safer than throws over the middle but you can't win games that way. I'm not sure Olsen has the ability to improve much given the lack of progress in one year and that means Brad Kaaya better know the playbook by heart when he steps on campus in June. Kaaya is going to have to realize that the college game is much faster than high school and find a way to work on that in California before he gets here. Brad Kaaya has every opportunity to start given the current situation and lets remember Bernie was pretty darn good as a freshman.

Advertisement
It sounds like KO hasn't changed much since his HS days. I have always wondered what the hype was about the young man, but if he can't do it against our d, we're in a ****load of trouble with him back there.

He's got 5 months to improve so I'm not too worried. Will be interesting to see what Kaaya is about and what kind of competition he'll bring come this summer.

I don't think that there's anyway to sugar coat yesterday's performance by Kevin Olsen, it was a poor outing by the redshirt freshman. He has to work on his mechanics and stop the happy feet and quasi sidearm deliveries that will only lead to a lot of interceptions, inaccurate throws and batted balls at the line of scrimmage.

He was not able to consistently hit receivers mid-field and was frequently over throwing into coverage. He seems to feel most comfortable with sideline patterns which tend to be safer than throws over the middle but you can't win games that way. I'm not sure Olsen has the ability to improve much given the lack of progress in one year and that means Brad Kaaya better know the playbook by heart when he steps on campus in June. Kaaya is going to have to realize that the college game is much faster than high school and find a way to work on that in California before he gets here. Brad Kaaya has every opportunity to start given the current situation and lets remember Bernie was pretty darn good as a freshman.

Fairly sure Bernie was a redshirt freshmen. By the way, I think he threw a little side arm too. Certainly seems like Kaaya will have a shot. Certainly did not hear the door slam shut yesterday.

By no means am I comparing him to Winsrape up at Trailerhassee but last season everyone left their spring game saying he was over hyped and not sure what the big deal was. Watching it I think he was trying to hard to impress fans instead of playing the game. He had WR wide open on a few plays and instead decided to throw the long ball or try to make that Ohh Ahh play instead of hitting the open guy and letting him go. That was my favorite thing about Williams he would have killed teams with releasing the ball quickly to his playmakers and then hitting over the top when it was there.

Advertisement
I see the written fellatio of Jedd Fisch will continue for another year. People seem to forget the putridness of his offenses against Notre Dame, K-State and FSU in 2012. Didn't people have problems with his lack of running the ball in the redzone? Those three fade patterns to Lockhart when we were down six to FSU in the third quarter come to mind.

Last edited:
The kid had a bad game, but to judge how he will play the season because of this is going a little overboard, ive seen the kid in practices and scrimmages and he looked solid in those, one thing he is inconsistent, but thats what you are going to have in a red shirt freshman, im not going to concerned, and personally i think kaaya wont get red shirted, because crow and whoever those random walk ons are wont get the job done if olsen would go down (knock on wood)

Advertisement
For Kaaya's sake; I hope his first practice he hits 70% of his passes, for 400yds and 5 tds. Poor kid wont stand a chance with this fan base if he doesn't. #FreshmenExpectations

lol for calling a kid out on a poor PRACTICE performance. You might be right and he fails. However, lets wait until after the Louisville game to grade him on his "performance".
[video=youtube;1jwJdk4N6c8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwJdk4N6c8[/video]

I had someone come up to me in a restaurant in northern NJ when KO was a senior in HS and had committed to UM. He said he had been part of KO's high school coaching staff. He told me he was immature and wasn't that good. I guess we will find out if I was given good information or not.

Advertisement
I see the written fellatio of Jedd Fisch will continue for another year. People seem to forget the putridness of his offenses against Notre Dame, K-State and FSU in 2012. Didn't people have problems with his lack of running the ball in the redzone? Those three fade patterns to Lockhart when we were down six to FSU in the third quarter come to mind.

So let me get this right...Dorito gets a pass for "not having enough talent" on the field but Fisch doesnt? lol. Whose an offensive coordinator in the NFL right now? yeah, thought so.

lulz at people that arrive at conclusions after a spring game. Morris looked pretty darn good last year...how did that work out for ya?

The spring game is completely meaningless.

You olsen slurpers now will bandwagon kaaya. Then who??
Seriously. Ko has 4 months to work on things.

Advertisement
This performance will either have Baby Jesus become the worker Dorsey (film rat) to improve or he will just go through the motions and get passed up by Kaaya eventually. Have a feeling that KO learns from this and surprises all of us come August.

So let me get this right...Dorito gets a pass for "not having enough talent" on the field but Fisch doesnt? lol. Whose an offensive coordinator in the NFL right now? yeah, thought so.

WTF are you even talking about? Did I hire our DC? Who the **** is giving him a pass? What argument are you even making? Go have the "Dorito gets a pass argument" with someone who actually feels that way.

The rush to defend Fisch is so strong that we have people in here spouting nonsense.

If they can get Olsen to be a game manager and let duke and Coley run the show we should be good. Gradually with time and experience loosen the reigns and let him evolve as a QB. But its obvious to everyone he's not ready for primetime. Probably a year early.

Advertisement
Back