QB - A Poor Performance Yesterday

Advertisement
Although it was only a scrimmage, that was Kevin Olsen's first full game since his junior year in high school.

Christian hackenberg went 4-10 yesterday jameis 27-56 lol be serious its a glorified practice

Advertisement
Ground & Pound with Coley screens every play every game.

Olsen, Kaaya, or Williams it doesn't matter. We are going to be limited with any of them next year. This team needs to win games with defense and the running game. That's a scary thought for cane fans.

You olsen slurpers now will bandwagon kaaya. Then who??
Seriously. Ko has 4 months to work on things.

KO has had a year and a half to work on things, not sure he gets better in 4 months. I had very high hopes for him coming in but he has not stepped up at all.

I did not get a chance to make it out yesterday, but slow down on the Olsen bashing. It cannot be an easy transition for a RS FR to go from expecting to be a backup this season, to suddenly thrust into a starting position, and having to immediately display his wares in a scrimmage. Two, he's a RS FR.

I'm not particularly high on him but let's give him some time b/4 we write him off.

Advertisement
He's got 5 months to improve so I'm not too worried. Will be interesting to see what Kaaya is about and what kind of competition he'll bring come this summer.

If you're not concerned now then when will you be? The potential for improvement in 5 months of mostly off-season training does not provide me much, if any, comfort. That sounds a lot like the hope and speculation that will somehow make a 180 degree improvement in our defense.

I did not get a chance to make it out yesterday, but slow down on the Olsen bashing. It cannot be an easy transition for a RS FR to go from expecting to be a backup this season, to suddenly thrust into a starting position, and having to immediately display his wares in a scrimmage. Two, he's a RS FR.

I'm not particularly high on him but let's give him some time b/4 we write him off.

You're right. It's exceedingly difficult for RS Frosh to be thrust into any starting role, particularly QB. But Olsen has been, and if people are expecting him to be great this year, they are likely going to be dissappointed.

Lol he wasn't getting any reps with the ones it wasn't even a true competition but this adds fuel to the haters fire but like it or not olsen was hurt most of his senior year and came back during the under armour game last year he was basically scout team qb so excuse me if I dont think to much of a glorified practice at the end of his freshman year would It have been great for him to shine yea but he has work to do and im willing to bet he's goin to get it all summer

Advertisement
For ****'s sake, it's practice....guy's are acting like the Louisville game's next week.

Yeah because that exact same scenario was so difficult for the rapist up north huh? GTFO.

Advertisement
Everyone dismissing our QB play yesterday as no big deal need to pull their heads out.

134.gif

Yeah because that exact same scenario was so difficult for the rapist up north huh? GTFO.

Plenty of RS FR have excelled at QB. Winston. Bradford. Manziel. But that's not the point. The talk after Williams went down proved that despite the talk about a competition, it really wasn't. Williams was the starter. And Olsen was going to back him up. The injury thrust him into a starting position, and now the kid's mindset has to change immediately. That's a very different situation from where Winston was last season. There was an actual competition between him and Coker and he won. Besides, based on chatter from FSU, Winston was pretty much pegged the starter after EJ.

Again, clearly, Olsen is not where we want him to be. My OP was simply let's wait a bit before we write him off as a wasted scholly.

some how I think that he is going to pull it together. There are QB camps that he will attend to refine his skills...and plus R. Williams was getting all the snaps with the 1s

Olsen clearly has a connection with Lewis because they were running with the 2's. I think he is going to have to step up as a leader and get his "timing" down

Plenty of RS FR have excelled at QB. Winston. Bradford. Manziel. But that's not the point. The talk after Williams went down proved that despite the talk about a competition, it really wasn't. Williams was the starter. And Olsen was going to back him up. The injury thrust him into a starting position, and now the kid's mindset has to change immediately. That's a very different situation from where Winston was last season. There was an actual competition between him and Coker and he won. Besides, based on chatter from FSU, Winston was pretty much pegged the starter after EJ.

Again, clearly, Olsen is not where we want him to be. My OP was simply let's wait a bit before we write him off as a wasted scholly.

Agreed he's not a wasted scholly but he's clearly not ready for the big show yet and the growing pains will not be enjoyable.

Advertisement
Back