Q&A

Is the teaching different with the coaches that are there now versus in the past?

Which coaches are the most personable (family-, player-oriented)? And which coaches are the best from a technical aspect (as far as how they teach the position/group)?

Thanks in advance

I'd say all of the coaches teach some things different than the previous staff. Coach Rumph is the most liked by all of the players and the most personable. I really liked Coach Dugans as well, he's a great guy and I improved a lot under him in a short amount of time. Technical wise I'd say Coach Cool and Coach Rumph.

BOOM

Advertisement
Advertisement
on a scale of awesome to amazing how great is it dealing with the south florida meida

I never really dealt with them, but just reading all of the sites and their tweets felt like amateur hour most of the time

Advertisement
What you think about Haskins and Irvin talent wise?

Haskins did great on scout team, I didn't see Irvin as much but he made plays when I did watch him. Both are great athletes, just need focus and discipline

Can you talk a little bit about the offense during the 4 game skid and what was going on? What adjustments were made? Last, Kaaya has always been a relatively immobile QB but what was surprising was how he struggled with his accuracy at times in situations he usually was lights out in the past. Any thoughts?

Advertisement
1) Why was Malcom Lewis returning kicks? Even after he caught the ball and went out at the 2 yard line to start the UNC game..

2) Why wasn't Berrios used more in the slot? He's not effective when lined up outside

3) Compare Swasey to Gus

4) What are your thoughts on Kaaya leaving?

Advertisement
Can you talk a little bit about the offense during the 4 game skid and what was going on? What adjustments were made? Last, Kaaya has always been a relatively immobile QB but what was surprising was how he struggled with his accuracy at times in situations he usually was lights out in the past. Any thoughts?

I think the opening hit on Brad vs FSU really rattled him. I'm not sure if he was concussed or what but he didn't seem right. I think some of his struggles came from taking so many hits, that he sometimes rushed throws thinking he was under pressure since he often was. We had some bad calls which sucked, but I think we came out too conservative in some games. The tight ends over the middle and runs off tackle weren't utilized as often as they should've been in my opinion in some of those games

1) Why was Malcom Lewis returning kicks? Even after he caught the ball and went out at the 2 yard line to start the UNC game..

2) Why wasn't Berrios used more in the slot? He's not effective when lined up outside

3) Compare Swasey to Gus

4) What are your thoughts on Kaaya leaving?

1. Not sure what went into who played where on special teams, but the coaches trusted him and still thought he'd take care of the ball even after that happened.

2. We didn't use a slot much this year since we ran a lot of 21 and 22 personnel. When we did have a "slot" it was mostly Njoku since they believed he was a better mismatch. Herndon is a very good TE but he won't split out as often so I think Brax will be used a lot more in the slot next season.

3. I like them both, Swasey had more focus on 'brute strength' or 1 rep max strength. He was very laid back, laissez-faire attitude in the weight room. Gus is much more intense, and the workouts all involve multiple exercises being supersetted, so there is no break or rest times, you're always doing something. A big difference is now we have our own nutritionist and a larger nutrition budget.

4. I was sad and a bit surprised to see him go. I think he could've benefited from an extra season but he saw it as a weak draft class, I'm not sure of the other reasons

Advertisement
Back