Q&A

Will you try out for any CFL teams? I am in Ottawa, home of CFL Champions, Ottawa RedBlacks. :)

Advertisement
what was the fastest 40 you ever recorded?

how often are 40's timed throughout the year & laser or hand?

My fastest ever was a 4.60, I'm on the quicker than fast spectrum. We usually ran them twice a year with Swasey, and we had them once in the summer with Gus, all hand time

With a 4 yd lead it would take a 4.4 guy about 80 yds to catch you. 4.6 is fast !

what was the fastest 40 you ever recorded?

how often are 40's timed throughout the year & laser or hand?

My fastest ever was a 4.60, I'm on the quicker than fast spectrum. We usually ran them twice a year with Swasey, and we had them once in the summer with Gus, all hand time

With a 4 yd lead it would take a 4.4 guy about 80 yds to catch you. 4.6 is fast !

Yeah, if we were 2 dimensional maybe.

Political science with a business management minor. I originally was planning on law school and to either be a lawyer or do something in politics but recently decided I want to try being a sports agent

both drew and his brother are lawyers. in fact, many sports agents are lawyers. it is one of the best ways to gain competency and a foundation for the profession.

i strongly suggest it.

I've gone back and forth on it and realize the benefits of it. My thought process has been to get a 1 year masters in either Sports Management, Political Science, and some schools have 1 year Master's of Law. The reason for this is so I can get certified earlier and be able to try to sign the guys that I still know. Back in the day you could get certified without having a post grad degree, but now you cant take the certification test until you complete a post grad. I've thought that I could try night law school or some type of part time while I'm working if I think I'll need the extra skills.

I'm an attorney. Unless you want to practice law, do not go to law school. You'll be able to navigate your way through a sports service contract after a little practice, and most of the time, there will be a full-time attorney around to dot the i's and cross the t's anyway. You don't need a law degree, unless you're using it for credibility or to get your foot in the door. I suggest using those three years you'd be trapped in a library to get real life experience in the field you want to pursue.

some valid points, but consider the following. these are among the top ******** in the US. Scott Boras, Tom Condon, Seth Levinson, Drew Rosenhaus, Jeff Schwartz, Greg Genske. all of them are lawyers. that is not a coincidence.

Advertisement
The only question I have, have had, and will continue to have.....

Have there been ANY internal discussions regarding the possibility of bringing in a dedicated OC? It would lessen the load on Richt and free him up to do more of the macro level thing, which I honestly feel would make him an even better coach.

The play calling last season was absolutely horrible at times. Please tell me he recognizes this. He's not playing to his strengths by taking on the additional burdern of calling plays. I also think has shown a great eye for coaching talent (Coach K, Diaz are great examples) so I'm sure he'd make a great OC hire, if he ever decided to let it go.

He already said rust was a big issue. He also said we could drop 30+ points on anyone at the end of the season. I agree.

Rust?

This isn't a railroad track.

Butch ain't walking through that door (thank God. Give it up).

Is there room on the team for a 5-6, 150, 38 year old walk on who ran a 5.1 in 1995 the last time he played football and may or may not have run out of eligibility, but most definitely would be described as being gritty, a team player, having great hands, and a coach on the field? Asking for a friend.

Why am I the only one still posting in this thread? Is this like being the last one left at the bar?

Advertisement
Will you try out for any CFL teams? I am in Ottawa, home of CFL Champions, Ottawa RedBlacks. :)

I enjoy watching the CFL and think it would be a lot of fun to play in, my dad is pushing me to tryout after I'm done with school. I'll have to see how my season goes next year and how healthy I am; I've taken a bit of a beating since being here so I'd have to factor in my long-term health as well.

Is there room on the team for a 5-6, 150, 38 year old walk on who ran a 5.1 in 1995 the last time he played football and may or may not have run out of eligibility, but most definitely would be described as being gritty, a team player, having great hands, and a coach on the field? Asking for a friend.

Can never get enough of those great locker room guys

The only question I have, have had, and will continue to have.....

Have there been ANY internal discussions regarding the possibility of bringing in a dedicated OC? It would lessen the load on Richt and free him up to do more of the macro level thing, which I honestly feel would make him an even better coach.

The play calling last season was absolutely horrible at times. Please tell me he recognizes this. He's not playing to his strengths by taking on the additional burdern of calling plays. I also think has shown a great eye for coaching talent (Coach K, Diaz are great examples) so I'm sure he'd make a great OC hire, if he ever decided to let it go.

He already said rust was a big issue. He also said we could drop 30+ points on anyone at the end of the season. I agree.

Rust?

This isn't a railroad track.

Butch ain't walking through that door (thank God. Give it up).

This has nothing to do with Butch.

I wish that you would have watched UM play football this past October.

And if you say you did - you gotta be cross-eyed to have missed the piz poor play calling.

Advertisement
Important questions here.

Who has the largest **** on the team? And who has the smallest?

If you won't give names, at least give me approximate sizes.

Also, do any of them compare to Teddy's in my avatar?

Thanks.

I can't believe I forgot to ask (and that no one has asked). Is Frank Gabriel's mustache magical? And did you guys rub it for good luck before games?

What the **** is a Redblack? They didn't want to be racist towards one group, so they called out two?

Nothing racist is about the team name. It is about the city history. :) Ottawa was originally a logging town before it was chosen as national capital city of Canada.

Ottawa RedBlacks name, logo unveiled at CFL launch event in capital | CFL | Foot

Advertisement

What the **** is a Redblack? They didn't want to be racist towards one group, so they called out two?

Nothing racist is about the team name. It is about the city history. :) Ottawa was originally a logging town before it was chosen as national capital city of Canada.

Ottawa RedBlacks name, logo unveiled at CFL launch event in capital | CFL | Foot

Thanks for ruining a perfectly good joke with a serious answer. And what was wrong with calling them the Roughriders? Hadn't they been the Roughriders since Canada was British?

I enjoy watching the CFL and think it would be a lot of fun to play in, my dad is pushing me to tryout after I'm done with school. I'll have to see how my season goes next year and how healthy I am; I've taken a bit of a beating since being here so I'd have to factor in my long-term health as well.

Rick Campbell and Marcel Desjardins, RedBlacks coach and GM respectively have their twitter so you can contact them. Rick's father Hugh used to be head coach of NFL Houston Oilers and CFL Edmonton Eskimos.

Rick Campbell and Marcel Desjardins, RedBlacks coach and GM respectively have their twitter so you can contact them. Rick's father Hugh used to be head coach of NFL Houston Oilers and CFL Edmonton Eskimos.

Do it. They have bigger balls in Canada

Important questions here.

Who has the largest **** on the team? And who has the smallest?

If you won't give names, at least give me approximate sizes.

Also, do any of them compare to Teddy's in my avatar?

Thanks.

Maybe read the whole thread next time before you think you're the first clever porster on CIS?

Advertisement
Back