Q&A

Dope. Congrats on your future plans and side note: I got a troop from Western Michigan that told me there's NOTHING there. (I got an offer there in high school but already had a nagging feeling of the nothingness) if you do go there, they're COMPLETELY about the team but unsure how they feel since fleck left.

I've been there before, you're right there's not much in Kalamazoo but they're a good program and honestly I don't care where I'd go I just want a chance to play more.

Have you thought about giving coach Beard a call? If you can play at Western Michgan, you can **** sure play at FIU.

I think they have a one year masters in sports Managment too..plus you get the chance to play for UM legendary coach Butch Davis. Some people here say he's a GAWD.

I'm trying to get his contact info because I lost his number after he left here and I got a new phone, but their staff has nothing listed online. I think that would be a good place to play though and wouldn't mind staying in the area

Do you still need his number? I have it, that's my homey.

Yeah thank you, PM me if you can

Advertisement
What is your nickname?

You said you were sending some tape to other programs. Can you post the tape?

Most people have always called me "pfenny" (the p is silent). And yes I think it was posted in another forum but here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVtA5vGlpU4&t=122s

**** youngin! You're pretty good! That one hander was sic

[MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] [MENTION=5599]MetiSkeemz[/MENTION] break it down

Thanks man, got to have good hands and routes when you're short, white and a step slow lol

What is your nickname?

Most people have always called me "pfenny" (the p is silent). And yes I think it was posted in another forum but here's the link

@Dwinstitles @DMoney @LuCane @MetiSkeemz break it down

Thanks man, got to have good hands and routes when you're short, white and a step slow lol
Good hands + balls. Sat down in zones on a bunch of curl routes and ran a ton of in-breaking stuff underneath, snatched the ball and held on after the hit. Good stuff, man. Love the footwork off the line, too. But, primarily, the courage you showed in a lot of those routes.

I remember being the curl guy in the smash route combination once upon a time and I'd get laid the F out by the Nickel or OLB. So much fun. And, that's at a totally different (lesser) level than the guys you were running them against.

Based on some of the lingo you've used throughout the answers, I suspect you've lurked before, but thanks for this thread and welcome to the board.

Thank you apfenny3.... giving us insight and perspective that only a player can give us.
Just a tremendous read, what a great thread. Thank you for taking time to answer!

Thanks again young man!

Advertisement
What is your nickname?

@Dwinstitles @DMoney @LuCane @MetiSkeemz break it down

Good hands + balls. Sat down in zones on a bunch of curl routes and ran a ton of in-breaking stuff underneath, snatched the ball and held on after the hit. Good stuff, man. Love the footwork off the line, too. But, primarily, the courage you showed in a lot of those routes.

I remember being the curl guy in the smash route combination once upon a time and I'd get laid the F out by the Nickel or OLB. So much fun. And, that's at a totally different (lesser) level than the guys you were running them against.

Based on some of the lingo you've used throughout the answers, I suspect you've lurked before, but thanks for this thread and welcome to the board.

Thank you I appreciate it, I probably have the smallest hands on the team but years of playing catch with my dad as a kid have given me great hand-eye coordination and among the most consistent hands out of the receivers. I've taken my share of big hits but almost anyone on D will tell you I get right back up and am one of the biggest trash talkers there is lol.

I started reading the boards here and there in high school and decided to make an account my freshman year of college, but obviously knew it wouldn't be appropriate to post until I was done playing here. I'm glad to finally be able to contribute and will definitely continue to do so.

What's your thoughts on this creeper? Be vague. Tread lightly. Delete browser history.

THACHPKQQTTBHPX.20160812140126.jpg

Advertisement
austin trying not to make this too controversial but here goes. i am definitely no expert but watching that tape has me wondering why they didn't give you more burn. were the other guys just better in practice than you?

what's it like to lose 59-0 knowing your head coach was still gonna be around

( course a miracle came through, but you know )

[MENTION=8076]apfenny3[/MENTION]

The ice cream trucks, the carnival during one of the spring games, the dodgeball games. What did you and the players think of that stuff.

Advertisement
What is your nickname?

[MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] [MENTION=5599]MetiSkeemz[/MENTION] break it down

Hmm, yeah those types never have any success in the NFL; they're getting cut or barely making on bottom feeder teams...Oh wait, who were the receivers in that last NFL game I saw?

***** CMU, get this video delivered to the Hoodie of Foxboro!

Advertisement
Good stuff. Thanks for your input and thanks for putting up with all the BS over the years.

Berrios is one of my favorites... good guy, good player and bleeds orange and green. Unfortunately some here don't like him. If you can, please enlighten our fan base on why Berrios is one of the best players we got and why he should be starting over a taller guy with good hands... What makes him a great player?

Lol... and no, if you are wondering, I'm not family...

Go Canes !

austin trying not to make this too controversial but here goes. i am definitely no expert but watching that tape has me wondering why they didn't give you more burn. were the other guys just better in practice than you?

I'll try to answer the best I can, I think it probably had to do with several factors. Obviously scholarship guys are going to get every opportunity possible since the coaches are invested in them, and people generally tend to think that things that are free are expendable, so walk ons have a much shorter leash. I've never thought that height mattered as a skill player unless you're trying to throw jump balls in the end zone, if you run good routes and get open, then that's all that really matters. Being 5'7" though will often make people doubt your abilities, not saying that our coaches held that against me because I have no idea, but it's a common thought in football.

Being in a pro style offense didn't help my case as we didn't use many receivers. I've had prior success, but my game really took off to another level this past spring, but then I ended up getting a fracture in my spine and several bulged discs, which caused me to miss half of spring and the entire summer up until camp. This was a pretty big setback, and although I played very well in camp, all of that time away probably moved me back down in the coaches' minds and hindered further development.

We've had a lot of talent at WR, but I think that I might have been more consistent than some other guys over the years that have been on scholarship. By no means do I think that I should've been a star or anything, but I'm confident that I would've held my own had I played more. I really had no expectations when I first got here, and was just happy to wear the uniform and say I was a Hurricane; but as I got older and consistently made plays against NFL talent it got a bit frustrating not to see the field a bit more.

Regardless I believe I made the right choice to follow my dreams of coming here, and I'm not disgruntled at any of our coaches. I'm thankful for the opportunities that I did receive and hope the team continues on the right path to success.

Last edited:
[MENTION=8076]apfenny3[/MENTION]

The ice cream trucks, the carnival during one of the spring games, the dodgeball games. What did you and the players think of that stuff.

lmao as a player they were fun since we got to get our minds off of football and the coaches were trying to make things fun. But I know they contributed nothing to getting us better and from the outside they looked pretty stupid.

Good stuff. Thanks for your input and thanks for putting up with all the BS over the years.

Berrios is one of my favorites... good guy, good player and bleeds orange and green. Unfortunately some here don't like him. If you can, please enlighten our fan base on why Berrios is one of the best players we got and why he should be starting over a taller guy with good hands... What makes him a great player?

Lol... and no, if you are wondering, I'm not family...

Go Canes !

I'm a big fan of Brax as well and I hope he gets fully utilized in the slot next season. He's a tremendous route runner, has good hands, very quick and tough as nails. He often dominates practice, so I was surprised he wasn't used as often last year. I think the bowl game really showed the impact he can make when used in the slot and we should see a lot more of that next season.

Advertisement
Back