Q&A

I just want to say thank you to Austin for what has been by-far the most informative thread I've ever read on this message board. Amazing stuff, good luck in your future endeavors, sir.

Advertisement
Yeah, this is awesome. As a fan you hear so much, but it's next to impossible to tell what's for real. Nice to have thoughts and opinions from somebody who's been on the inside. Thanks.

One for apfenny: Is there hope that any of the following OL will be good enough to be in the 2 deep in 2018?

Jahair Jones
Bar Milo
Hayden Mahoney
Tre Johnson

I think out of those 4 that Bar is the furthest along, but I'm not a very good evaluater of linemen

Wow! Really late to this party. If you take the orange & green glasses off. Can you give us a unbiased state of the program? What do you see happening in the next 5 years? Can Richt and staff win a natty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a championship within 5 years is inevitable. I'm not sure as much from the outside perspective, but inside everyone has had a renewed excitement and vibe that things are turning around. The 4 game skid has been discussed enough, but a play or two differently in each game could have easily meant only 1 loss; the level of talent and overall regime are vastly better than years past. The recruiting is taking off and we actually have a staff now that can develop these kids and put them in positions to succeed. I'm not sure exactly how soon an ACCCG appearance could be, but don't be surprised if we're in the playoffs in 3-5 seasons.

Advertisement
How difficult and awkward was it for Swasey to run the S&C program while not being allowed to be in the weight room wit the players?

Also was dnofrio as much of a condescending prick as he seems?

His last season was when he couldn't "be in the weight room", what would happen is that he'd give us a talk before the workout, go over the exercises for that day and then he'd be standing by his office watching everything and the other coaches would walk around. We just thought he was acting more as a ceo type in the weight room, we weren't aware of his restrictions until after the fact. For Dnofrio, yes he was in practice but he was a pretty good guy outside of it

And why was Swasey restricted again?

Apparently he didn't have the correct certification. Not sure if he just didn't take the test for it or couldn't pass it.
But he couldn't be in the weight room during workouts.

He was in the weight room but stayed near the front entrance where the offices are. He couldn't actively instruct during the lift.

What is your nickname?

You said you were sending some tape to other programs. Can you post the tape?

Most people have always called me "pfenny" (the p is silent). And yes I think it was posted in another forum but here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVtA5vGlpU4&t=122s

**** youngin! You're pretty good! That one hander was sic

[MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] [MENTION=5599]MetiSkeemz[/MENTION] break it down

What is your nickname?

Most people have always called me "pfenny" (the p is silent). And yes I think it was posted in another forum but here's the link

[MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] [MENTION=5599]MetiSkeemz[/MENTION] break it down

Yo I just checked this thread for the first time...we got a baller postin?? I ain't even know man lol need to start checking every thread.....ayo penny use a quick cat man.....real talk even if u was the guy who oils the players during workouts u would still be my nikka cuz u got direct contact. I'll leave the breakdown to dmoney and them dudes

Advertisement
What is your nickname?

you have good hands, you should definitely be able to get another year at another place.

keep chugging, and if you need anything on the law side, let me know.

Advertisement
Political science with a business management minor. I originally was planning on law school and to either be a lawyer or do something in politics but recently decided I want to try being a sports agent

Dope. Congrats on your future plans and side note: I got a troop from Western Michigan that told me there's NOTHING there. (I got an offer there in high school but already had a nagging feeling of the nothingness) if you do go there, they're COMPLETELY about the team but unsure how they feel since fleck left.

I've been there before, you're right there's not much in Kalamazoo but they're a good program and honestly I don't care where I'd go I just want a chance to play more.

Have you thought about giving coach Beard a call? If you can play at Western Michgan, you can **** sure play at FIU.

I think they have a one year masters in sports Managment too..plus you get the chance to play for UM legendary coach Butch Davis. Some people here say he's a GAWD.

I'm trying to get his contact info because I lost his number after he left here and I got a new phone, but their staff has nothing listed online. I think that would be a good place to play though and wouldn't mind staying in the area

Do you still need his number? I have it, that's my homey.

How difficult and awkward was it for Swasey to run the S&C program while not being allowed to be in the weight room wit the players?

Also was dnofrio as much of a condescending prick as he seems?

His last season was when he couldn't "be in the weight room", what would happen is that he'd give us a talk before the workout, go over the exercises for that day and then he'd be standing by his office watching everything and the other coaches would walk around. We just thought he was acting more as a ceo type in the weight room, we weren't aware of his restrictions until after the fact. For Dnofrio, yes he was in practice but he was a pretty good guy outside of it

And why was Swasey restricted again?

Apparently he didn't have the correct certification. Not sure if he just didn't take the test for it or couldn't pass it.
But he couldn't be in the weight room during workouts.

He was in the weight room but stayed near the front entrance where the offices are. He couldn't actively instruct during the lift.

I can't believe Butch hired him at FIU.

Advertisement
what was the fastest 40 you ever recorded?

how often are 40's timed throughout the year & laser or hand?

My fastest ever was a 4.60, I'm on the quicker than fast spectrum. We usually ran them twice a year with Swasey, and we had them once in the summer with Gus, all hand time

What is your nickname?

Yo I just checked this thread for the first time...we got a baller postin?? I ain't even know man lol need to start checking every thread.....ayo penny use a quick cat man.....real talk even if u was the guy who oils the players during workouts u would still be my nikka cuz u got direct contact. I'll leave the breakdown to dmoney and them dudes

Thank you man I appreciate it, it was surreal for me just to have the U on my helmet every day and definitely worth all of the work for me

What is your nickname?

you have good hands, you should definitely be able to get another year at another place.

keep chugging, and if you need anything on the law side, let me know.

Thank you I appreciate it!

Advertisement
Back