Q&A

Advertisement
I think a special thanks needs to go out to Poster "Ben" for suggesting this Q&A.

Peter, maybe you take some questions on this and make it part of you Podcasts. The hidden people behind the program. Facilities, equipment guys, weight room staff, and other staff who have been around a long time who would have some good stores off the field about the former coaches and athletes. I am sure some coaches had certain things they needed or or wanted different than the former coach. If someone has been around since Butch and has been able to tell us stories "good bad" that are most important interesting. So many people behind the scenes make a multi millionaire n dollar facility run smoothly.

I remember at Nebraska there was an admin who help the players with everything. We were 18-19-20 year old kids and she was the team mom so to speak. The funny stories I am sure she could tell would have been great.

Last edited:
Safe to say it was a good night in Wynwood for Austin

When specimens that are as endowed as young Master Pfenninger start swing crank around willy-nilly, the outcome is surely going to be chaotic.

*Getting patted down walking into the bar*
"Sir is that a weapon on you?"
"No that's just my crank"

[video=youtube;75ivmmMcZoA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ivmmMcZoA[/video]

You are an assassin with these videos and clips. Good stuff!!!

Who was further along Irvin or Haskins? How was Sam Bruce looking before his dismissal?

Irvin slightly was but Haskins was making a lot of plays towards the end of the year. Bruce might've contributed on special teams but I don't think he would have made any difference on offense. Extremely quick, but inconsistent and no ball security.

Advertisement
How much fire does Richt have behind the scenes i.e. practices ripping into players at all?

He's not afraid at all to rip into someone. He's naturally laid back with a calm demeanor, but once practice is underway he'll let anyone have it if they're messing up.

Did the coaches accept the 4 game skid was largely on them due to the horrific play calling?

They realized it was a combination of things both on them and on the players, but they never bashed us or discouraged us. They owned up to what they had to and we all stepped up where we had to as well

Advertisement
Thanks for all of the questions guys I had a lot of fun with this and hopefully gave you all a good perspective of the program. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions and I'll try my best to answer

What did you think about James Coley's playcall of a half back pass in the middle of a blizzard against Wazzu?

I liked Coach Coley but might have been the worst play call I've ever seen

Is that because it was the worst play or the worst play in a blizzard?

Stacy was open so the play itself wasn't a bad idea. What was stupid was calling it at the end of a game during a blizzard with a RB that hadn't practiced it in I don't know how long

Advertisement
Is Jon Richt finally going to be fired?

giphy.gif

Did the coaches accept the 4 game skid was largely on them due to the horrific play calling?

They realized it was a combination of things both on them and on the players, but they never bashed us or discouraged us. They owned up to what they had to and we all stepped up where we had to as well

this a very telling response for many reasons. curious to see the coaches actually admit to their players that part of the skid was their fault. that says a lot to me about the coaching staff. golden was to quick to throw players under the bus.

Advertisement

this a very telling response for many reasons. curious to see the coaches actually admit to their players that part of the skid was their fault. that says a lot to me about the coaching staff. golden was to quick to throw players under the bus.

They're all business and a no BS staff, and always have all of the player's backs

They're all business and a no BS staff, and always have all of the player's backs

What was the teams reaction when golden used to throw players under the bus in interviews and things like that?

How difficult and awkward was it for Swasey to run the S&C program while not being allowed to be in the weight room wit the players?

Also was dnofrio as much of a condescending prick as he seems?

Advertisement
Back