Puke Campbell at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why people need to wake up and realize that the true systemic prejudice happening is not racial, but economic. The "haves" vs. the "have nots".

It wasn't until Martin Luther King, Jr. started talking about economic injustice and the need to reach out to poor people of all ethnicities, including whites, that the FBI and other government agencies really began to harass him and finally have him killed.
MLK mentioned black people specifically but not exclusively during the speeches before he was murdered that called for reparations specifically for blacks and an end to systemic poverty for all.

It’s ok to single out black people for political and socioeconomic reform when we have historically been targeted by laws that specifically injure our upward mobility.

The battle between the haves and have nots is very real, but institutionalize racism is as well. They both exist and need to be dealt with.

Advertisement
Everything you said is true. But this has nothing to do with Manny Diaz. We are talking about a college football team. And hiring a staff that is competent. Uncle Luke is just butthurt that he is a FAN and nothing more. He’s using race to flare up emotions when there’s really no reason for it. Diaz hasn’t done anything for this kind of conversation to be taking place.

Let’s keep this about Football and the Canes

Signed
A former community organizer from Miami
I never said it did. And the root of Luke’s concerns are not with Manny Diaz, Diaz is getting caught in the crossfire of Luke attempting to represent his communities COLLECTIVE interest and not have it continue to be a sieve for any and all opportunist that want to exploit it going on 400 + years now in America alone.

Cubans aren’t racist towards black people. Cubans who came here with nothing and have been successful just think to themselves, if I can come from nothing and be succesful, then you have no excuse. If you were born in the U.S. you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

This post dismisses the entire history of African Americans in the U.S. and in Miami specifically. Normally I come to Canesinsight for jokes and fun, but this needs to be addressed or I'd by dishonoring those who came before me.
If you think the history of black Miamians was one of silver spoons and excuse making, your history teacher failed you.

This reminds me of my uncle who graduated from Booker T. Washington HS in the 50s, talking about how they accepted some of that first wave of Cubans into their school, all while not being able to attend the white schools that were also accepting Cuban students.

Black people in Miami have had to bend over backwards and have still been disrespected and disenfranchised from the beginning.

African Americans and Bahamian Americans were literally forced to vote to incorporate the City of Miami at its founding (100 of the 502 voters were black) and yet, though Miami wouldn't be a city without their votes, were forced through restrictive land deeds and actual violence to go back over to "Colored Town" (modern-day Overtown) without enjoying any of the fruits of their labor. Black people had to deal with a mayor of the city of Miami who was (and it wasn't a secret) a Klansman.

My great grandfather was one of the underwater divers who helped in the construction of the bridge to Key West.
My great grandmother founded the first black hospital in Broward County, Provident Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, because those black people "born with a silver spoon in your mouth" weren't admitted into many of your favorite local hospitals even if they were literally dying. My grandfather was on the fundraising board for Memorial Hospital to be built in the 50s and when it opened, my mother, his black daughter still had to be born at that black hospital because they initially wouldn't admit black people.

That same grandfather had block buildings burned down because "a ****** shouldn't have that kind of business on that side of the tracks", only to call the police and find that some of the officers were involved in the burning of the building (if you want one of many examples of why black people are wary of the cops, there's hundreds more). You think black people like me and mine don't have some businesses because we just couldn't think of entrepreneurial ideas like everybody else? Or we were just lazy? Maybe, just maybe, they met the kind of resistance that some ungrateful people from elsewhere who came after them couldn't even fathom or want to be in denial about.

We couldn't even use the freakin beach because white people wouldn't allow us to touch the same water as them.
The audacity of someone who came from an oppressive regime, like that in Cuba or anywhere else for that matter, to come here and tell black people to essentially "suck it up" without acknowledging that THIS place has been our "oppressive regime". Some of the same horror stories you can tell about life in Cuba, I can recount from a black person about life right here. And unlike people coming from elsewhere we've had no America to flee to.

Your "came here with nothing" also came along with a clean slate. You started from zero. Black people in South Florida have been starting from -12 since the moment people like my great great grandfather escaped a slave plantation in the south to hide with the Seminoles. Or my grandmother escaping sharecropping in Alabama to come work in white people's houses on Hollywood beach, not just cleaning, often helping raise their white kids, for next to nothing. Thinking that black people are lazy and whiny excuse-makers is a slap in the face to an entire community who have put up with more than you can even imagine or want to.

African Americans and Bahamian Americans protesting and marching for their civil rights in South Florida is part of the reason some of you other people of color can even live and play in some of the (formerly white-only) neighborhoods and establishments you sit in today and disrespect us. There are local black people you don't acknowledge who died or had their lives ruined to open doors for some of the same people who say "You were born with a silver spoon in your mouth".

Being proud of yourself and your people is great. You all have went through alot. But get all the way outta here with your assumption that you're the only ones to be oppressed or that black people are just lazy, excuse makers or that we don't have legitimate reason to be miffed about how we've been treated in South Florida since its inception. Maybe learn a little more about your fellow Miamians and South Floridians, why they are in the position they're in and what forces have prevented them from changing those positions before being rude and condescending and playing the "Prejudice Greatest Hits".

Do better. Now I'm going back to making jokes about Lawrence Cager's hands and J-Lo coaching "tight ends". Good day.

Cubans aren’t racist towards black people. Cubans who came here with nothing and have been successful just think to themselves, if I can come from nothing and be succesful, then you have no excuse. If you were born in the U.S. you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

So only the successful ones are ignorant?

Luke is saying what other people particularly Black People will start to say if not one Black Coached is hired on this staff. I’m from South Florida been here my whole life it’s no secret Miami Cubans are racist towards Black People. It’s definitely History there, so cut the BS. I’ll wait and see what happens before I say anything.
It's there, if you're black in the city of miami, you walk down the street in little Havana, you are looked at as in "why are you here" or watching your every move inside a store buying arroz con pollo or a steak sandwich. On the other hand, you have cubans that love blacks and who aren't racist towards blacks.

One of my best friends is cuban. He hates the looks people gives me when we walk in little Havana.

It does exists, and it isn't right, I get what luke is trying to say. But I embrace the cuban culture, talking spanish everyday, just like my friend embrace my culture.

We all have to respect each other at the end of the day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This post dismisses the entire history of African Americans in the U.S. and in Miami specifically. Normally I come to Canesinsight for jokes and fun, but this needs to be addressed or I'd by dishonoring those who came before me.
If you think the history of black Miamians was one of silver spoons and excuse making, your history teacher failed you.

This reminds me of my uncle who graduated from Booker T. Washington HS in the 50s, talking about how they accepted some of that first wave of Cubans into their school, all while not being able to attend the white schools that were also accepting Cuban students.

Black people in Miami have had to bend over backwards and have still been disrespected and disenfranchised from the beginning.

African Americans and Bahamian Americans were literally forced to vote to incorporate the City of Miami at its founding (100 of the 502 voters were black) and yet, though Miami wouldn't be a city without their votes, were forced through restrictive land deeds and actual violence to go back over to "Colored Town" (modern-day Overtown) without enjoying any of the fruits of their labor. Black people had to deal with a mayor of the city of Miami who was (and it wasn't a secret) a Klansman.

My great grandfather was one of the underwater divers who helped in the construction of the bridge to Key West.
My great grandmother founded the first black hospital in Broward County, Provident Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, because those black people "born with a silver spoon in your mouth" weren't admitted into many of your favorite local hospitals even if they were literally dying. My grandfather was on the fundraising board for Memorial Hospital to be built in the 50s and when it opened, my mother, his black daughter still had to be born at that black hospital because they initially wouldn't admit black people.

That same grandfather had block buildings burned down because "a ****** shouldn't have that kind of business on that side of the tracks", only to call the police and find that some of the officers were involved in the burning of the building (if you want one of many examples of why black people are wary of the cops, there's hundreds more). You think black people like me and mine don't have some businesses because we just couldn't think of entrepreneurial ideas like everybody else? Or we were just lazy? Maybe, just maybe, they met the kind of resistance that some ungrateful people from elsewhere who came after them couldn't even fathom or want to be in denial about.

We couldn't even use the freakin beach because white people wouldn't allow us to touch the same water as them.
The audacity of someone who came from an oppressive regime, like that in Cuba or anywhere else for that matter, to come here and tell black people to essentially "suck it up" without acknowledging that THIS place has been our "oppressive regime". Some of the same horror stories you can tell about life in Cuba, I can recount from a black person about life right here. And unlike people coming from elsewhere we've had no America to flee to.

Your "came here with nothing" also came along with a clean slate. You started from zero. Black people in South Florida have been starting from -12 since the moment people like my great great grandfather escaped a slave plantation in the south to hide with the Seminoles. Or my grandmother escaping sharecropping in Alabama to come work in white people's houses on Hollywood beach, not just cleaning, often helping raise their white kids, for next to nothing. Thinking that black people are lazy and whiny excuse-makers is a slap in the face to an entire community who have put up with more than you can even imagine or want to.

African Americans and Bahamian Americans protesting and marching for their civil rights in South Florida is part of the reason some of you other people of color can even live and play in some of the (formerly white-only) neighborhoods and establishments you sit in today and disrespect us. There are local black people you don't acknowledge who died or had their lives ruined to open doors for some of the same people who say "You were born with a silver spoon in your mouth".

Being proud of yourself and your people is great. You all have went through alot. But get all the way outta here with your assumption that you're the only ones to be oppressed or that black people are just lazy, excuse makers or that we don't have legitimate reason to be miffed about how we've been treated in South Florida since its inception. Maybe learn a little more about your fellow Miamians and South Floridians, why they are in the position they're in and what forces have prevented them from changing those positions before being rude and condescending and playing the "Prejudice Greatest Hits".

Do better. Now I'm going back to making jokes about Lawrence Cager's hands and J-Lo coaching "tight ends". Good day.
🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 post!

I SALUTE U! BEAUTIFUL MIND!

The audacity!!! Our UNPAID labor and expertise and THOUSANDS of inventions made this country advantageous and attractive enough for all ethnic groups to want to come here in the first place. If it wasn’t for our history here of servitude and protest they wouldn’t even be on this blog right now. And you wouldn’t have a single right under law nor a credit card to pay for this last Christmas.

So only the successful ones are ignorant?

No, they haven't been here long enough to buy into the soft bigotry of low expectations. Cubans have shown that the American dream is still achieveable, but get crap because they are a minority group that doesn't play into the victimhood mentality. It the fly in the ointment to the belief that white supremacy won't let minorities be successful.

No, they haven't been here long enough to buy into the soft bigotry of low expectations. Cubans have shown that the American dream is still achieveable, but get crap because they are a minority group that doesn't play into the victimhood mentality. It the fly in the ointment to the belief that white supremacy won't let minorities be successful.

This entire post is a lol you are delusional

Advertisement
So he's threatening to steer kids away from the U again ... Something he's been doing all along.

And that Manny Navarro ... Sure Manny, all we need is to hire another inexperienced Dade County High School Coach on the offensive staff.

Telly can Coach......would be a great hire.

No one ever said it is impossible for foreigners to come in and become successful. However, it is a A LOT easier for a foreigner to come in and be successful than it is for a black person who has everything stacked against them from the day they are born.

Advertisement
1546368433588.gif

Luke is saying what other people particularly Black People will start to say if not one Black Coached is hired on this staff. I’m from South Florida been here my whole life it’s no secret Miami Cubans are racist towards Black People. It’s definitely History there, so cut the BS. I’ll wait and see what happens before I say anything.

I hate to say it but miami Cubans are racist towards everyone except Cubans. Miami Cubans think (n sadly they kinda do) own the city of Miami and that this city isn't part of the USA but an extension to Cuba except with all of the pluses.

Don't take it personal it's like that towards Americans as well who speak English in a retail setting for example where the American customer is looked at n treated like the idiot who can't converse in Spanish.

My dad used to tell me about the Cuban vs blacks in schools etc. but isn't that happening in New York or anywhere else with Italians or jews, Mexicans or Russians against another race? That's more a human racial flaw sadly not particular to one race.

No one ever said it is impossible for foreigners to come in and become successful. However, it is a A LOT easier for a foreigner to come in and be successful than it is for a black person who has everything stacked against them from the day they are born.

I too had some of that "white guilt" that you profess until I spent two years teaching in Florida City. It was two of my black co-workers born and raised in the same neighborhoods that the kids at our school came from that told me I had no reason to feel sorry for anyone there. He told me that he had more obstacles to overcome than I did, but every day there are people like him to come out of those neighborhoods. Most of those kids have someone trying to help them up, but it's just easier to make excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back