Puke Campbell at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always listened to what others say and will look into a view that I wasn't aware of. That's why my opinions have always evolved. It's funny how my former coworkers "brainwashed" me, but you somehow know the truth. Perhaps you should take your own advice. What's even more laughable is that after you start with your personal attacks, you think this is still a debate. This stopped being a debate a long time ago. If you understood basic human psychology, instead of acting like you know all, you'd know that. At this point most people in this thread are posting for the sake of irritating others.

This is the type of **** that irritates others. Your own racist *** views

Attachments

• C4C9CE3F-7A06-47DC-85AD-4296440EA395.jpeg
    C4C9CE3F-7A06-47DC-85AD-4296440EA395.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 35
Advertisement
Wrong. Luke is respected in the community.
He opens eyes in the community and shows us what politicians and others that doesn't have our best interest. He exposes problems that need to be addressed. Like this one here.

Say what you want about Luke, but he got alot of kids out the street to play football. Like me. Liberty City Warriors helped more then you can ever imagine. It saved my life. Know your facts before you post this bull.
First of all alot of coaches have done this for years and I grew up in North Miami seen a lot and had coaches straighten us up but they acted right and didn't push kids certain places. He hates UM and for the non players/families we don't respect him because of the other bs he brings. Now i show love to the hundreds of coaches I grew up around and the ones who act right now but **** Puke

You said blacks played victim mentality which is NOT TRUE!

You essentially said that other cultures came here busted their asses and didn’t make excuses like blacks.

Am I missing something?

Nope. You're assuming, I'm referring to all blacks when I am not. When I was working in Florida City I had a couple of black co-workers who told me that I shouldn't feel guilty for any of our students, who weren't just black, but half the student base was hispanic. My co-workers came from the same poor neighborhoods that our students were coming from and told me while they may have had to jump over more handles than I had, too many of the kids make excuses because its easier to fail.

This is 100% true. I’m a Cuban who left Miami 25 years ago. I’m a Mexican outside of SoFla. If more Cubans had to live outside if Miami, I think they’d have a better understanding of what black people had to deal with. Manny lived in Mississippi and Louisiana. He know he ain’t really white.

Luke is still a piece of ****. He never wastes an opportunity to drive a wedge between the black and Cuban communities. He’s been doing it for years. Doesn’t mean there aren’t legit issues, but luke is just an opportunist looking out for himself.
He learned from the BEST!

Advertisement
This is the type of **** that irritates others. Your own racist *** views

Until all sides, white, black, hispanic and any other race is willing to sit down, have a rational debate, listen to each other and accept uncomfortable truths about themselves, nothing is going to change in this country. When you point the finger at someone else and scream racist or any other insult/attack, the debate is over.

The other guy is the one making it a competition. He said if Cubans can make it out of the hood than so can blacks. I am sure you faced opression, but it is clearly nothing like what blacks received.

Sorry. I can’t truly understand what it is like to be black in America. I do try. I think about the worst injustices I’ve faced, imagine having to face it every day instead of once a month, and imagine it being 100x worse, and then figure maybe it’s that bad. Maybe it’s even worse.

Cubans have it easy today in Miami compared to the 80s. Spend some time in ******* Iowa or so-called liberal California where I live and these Miami Cubans will change their tune. I have this convo with my Miami relatives. It’s hard for people to understand this without any real first hand experience. That said, plenty of people hate cubans and it is one of my enduring childhood memories...how much hate was directed at my family. It’s why I prefer to embrace one another and not buy into Luke’s attempts to constantly divide.

I honestly don’t recall Luke ever making a single neutral to positive thing about the Cuban community ever. We’re both here in this same city, we best learn to love each other and understand each other.

Sorry. I can’t truly understand what it is like to be black in America. I do try. I think about the worst injustices I’ve faced, imagine having to face it every day instead of once a month, and imagine it being 100x worse, and then figure maybe it’s that bad. Maybe it’s even worse.

Cubans have it easy today in Miami compared to the 80s. Spend some time in ******* Iowa or so-called liberal California where I live and these Miami Cubans will change their tune. I have this convo with my Miami relatives. It’s hard for people to understand this without any real first hand experience. That said, plenty of people hate cubans and it is one of my enduring childhood memories...how much hate was directed at my family. It’s why I prefer to embrace one another and not buy into Luke’s attempts to constantly divide.

I honestly don’t recall Luke ever making a single neutral to positive thing about the Cuban community ever. We’re both here in this same city, we best learn to love each other and understand each other.

I agree with you on all of your points.

First of all alot of coaches have done this for years and I grew up in North Miami seen a lot and had coaches straighten us up but they acted right and didn't push kids certain places. He hates UM and for the non players/families we don't respect him because of the other bs he brings. Now i show love to the hundreds of coaches I grew up around and the ones who act right now but **** Puke
He push kids to go to ANY college or university. HE IS A COACH in high school. That is a coach's job in HS, you know that right?

Advertisement
What's your point?

We can keep everything about football on the forum. But when you make generalizations like that that’s a big part on how this thread got this deep.

A few dudes in the beginning as well who haven’t come back since they got their “likes” from the other closet racists.

We all people and can agree to disagree but if you continue to live life in a fantasy land and no one educated you or stops to check you you’ll continue to be ignorant to the lives of others in this country.

We all can learn some things from each other and this thread has had some excellent points made by black males going through it or been through it and you’re telling us we wrong and our culture makes excuses!

Never judge the many for the few! I do the same with experiences good and bad of all races. God bless and I’m out this thread y’all

Last edited:
He push kids to go to ANY college or university. HE IS A COACH in high school. That is a coach's job in HS, you know that right?

He should be helping kids make the best decision for their futures. He does seem to have a strange hatred for The U these days and he definately has some anti Cuban **** he needs to work through.

When the rest of the country hated those canes teams there were many reasons. A team that played “too black” was one and all the Cubans in Miami was another reason people in the rest of the country hated the city, and its team. While we are squabbling let’s not forget, both these communities in Miami are not loved by the rest of the country.

The ENTIRE world could be changed. Wars could cease. Racial and social injustices could all look a lot better if we were willing to all come together and make attempts to understand each other and be willing to accept and respect different cultures beliefs and religions. But people always want to fight about something!

Been like that since man entered the world! But shout out to your post man!

Advertisement
He should be helping kids make the best decision for their futures. He does seem to have a strange hatred for The U these days and he definately has some anti Cuban **** he needs to work through.

Or he can just keep being himself.

Sifting through this mess, I think we all, if we are being honest, can agree on a few things.

1. Luke is an idiot who is out for his own self- interest lots of times.
2. Despite fact 1, Luke is not wrong here. The staff must be representative of the players he is recruiting in SoFla and across the country.
3. Manny was the smartest guy on Richt's staff. He believes is studying, analytics and always seems to be aware of the big picture.
4. There is no way he does build this staff to NOT be successful in recruiting in So Fla. We all know that means X's and O's and all the intagibles.The man grew up in Miami.

Some of us are overreacting as though he has hired anyone! He has come in and done exactly what we hoped- cleaned house! Now he has considered getting rid of Rumph...so what! He worked with this man day in and day out for 3 years. He knows better than any of us what kind of coaching acumen he truly has....

I'll sit back, let Manny work, and hold my opinions for actual football results! As a black man, who grew up in Carol City, IDGAF if the staff is all black, all Cuban, Native American, etc, as long as the Canes get back to winning!

Sir you’re being too reasonable in the midst of a race war!
Let him have it....with all the good news we got going on they let uncle puke stir up the board...🤦‍♂️

Yeah I feared this will happen. He’s already talking smack before any hires have been made. Considering how diverse our last couple of coaching staffs have been. Luke is just mad Miami hired a Cuban. And not just any Cuban, one who’s father was Mayor. That’s it. Plain and simple.

Advertisement
We all can learn some things from each other and this thread has had some excellent points made by black males going through it or been through it and you’re telling us we wrong and our culture makes excuses!

I'm not telling you you're wrong. I'm telling you what black persons that I have worked with, have told me. This wasn't a passing conversation. These were the people who I got along with the best while I was there. Over time, at least me personally, I think we were friends. I don't see why they would make that up. They came from those same neighborhoods. Neighborhoods that weren't just black, they were also hispanic. Their comments weren't just directed at black kids, but the kids in general. In our student population, we also had kids that were trying hard to overcome obstacles. There was a large group that were playing the victim card. I think you're also confusing what I'm saying. I'm not saying racism doesn't exist. If you (I'm assuming you're black) and I are in a neighborhood where their playing banjos, I'm getting the same treatment you are. Cubans have come here and been successful and gotten a lot of **** for it. We supposedly left others behind. We get called racist, when the very white supremacy that those that say is oppressing them, should have kept us down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back