Proposal to shorten games, slow down offenses

F' that, I paid the price of the ticket and want to enjoy the experience. Raise the price to run a commercial so that you don't have to run as many of them during a game.

Problem Solved.

Signed,

Peruche

View attachment 230814

Advertising rates are based on CPM's, basically ratings and quality/demo of audience. You can't arbitrarily raise the price of advertising because you want to. You will just become a bad value play and the advertisers will spend their money on other sports, shows, print, digital, etc.

You guys also can't come up with solutions that reduce advertising. It will never happen. The schools will have to take less money, and lol, not happening.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Starting the clock after an incompletion is just asinine. How is a team going to try and score before the half or win a game in the end. I know they said outside of two minutes but still it’s dumb.

Also games are too long due to commercials and fake injuries. Oh and the 20 minutes for each targeting call. There’s an extra hour a game for reviews.

Suck it up and play.

Attendance and ratings are dropping.
And they will continue to drop so long as games take 4 hours to complete, and all the power is concentrated in the southeastern US.
I know we don’t like to admit this but college football is in danger of becoming NASCAR, a regional sport with a passionate but small fan base.

Let me ask this to CIS. Outside of die hard college football fans, do you know anyone who cares, or even knows that UGA just won back to back national championships? Or watched the game? I don’t, but I do know casual fan after casual fan who watched the Super Bowl. Casual fans drive ratings. College football needs changes. Don’t look upon yourself as the target audience for ratings. Look at your significant others and see the interest or lack thereof thru their eyes.

Advertisement
lol...Pretty soon it's going to be simulated two hand tag for about 15 games

Doesn't anyone like to play or watch football anymore?

I know they're never going to reduce the number of ads but they can arrange it so more ads get played at halftime or between quarters and fewer stoppages of actual game time for TV timeouts. You want to make halftime five minutes longer to run an extra ad or two? go for it. You want to make the break between quarters longer for extra ads? Sure. just quit stopping the game action every five minutes to run commercials.

Advertisement
Also I'm sick and tired of having a 2:30 game and the 11 am game goes into our time slot and we are forced to miss the first drive or two.

Person 1: "We need to shorten the game that's been made long by commercials"

Person 2: "So we should remove the amount of commercials?"

Person 1: "No, no, no, lol. We're going to shorten the game itself"

This is the world we live in and, I hate to make a broader point here, but we all just let it happen.

Also I'm sick and tired of having a 2:30 game and the 11 am game goes into our time slot and we are forced to miss the first drive or two.
That's the thing Miami could have a 330pm game and its 345pm and the noon ACC game is just
finishing, like no way should a game take that dam long.

I feel like 3hrs 15min is a nice sweet spot for game length.

*pre game intro*
*commercial*
*coin flip*
*commercial*
*kickoff/touchback*
*commercial*
*opening drive 3 and out, punt/fair catch*
*commercial*
*rinse and repeat literally every single drive*
*4th quarter 2 minute warning*
*quick ketamine break for Skip Bayless, followed by 15 minutes of commercials in final 2 minutes*
*game over*
*commercial*
*post game handshake*
*onto next scheduled game that you missed the first 13 minutes of*
*one more commerical*

Advertisement
What would you deem not a reviewable play? Targeting, catches, turnovers and scoring plays are on my list of things that have to stay. Those are game changing. I’m iffy on first down spots, they might could go.

I'd keep targeting as a mandatory review, otherwise get rid of the replay official's power to call for reviews. Ridiculous to call for a review when a ball move a millimeter. As someone else suggested, give the coaches a maximum of 3 challenges per half. Have to have a timeout. Lose a challenge and lose the timeout.

Advertisement
And they will continue to drop so long as games take 4 hours to complete, and all the power is concentrated in the southeastern US.
I know we don’t like to admit this but college football is in danger of becoming NASCAR, a regional sport with a passionate but small fan base.

Let me ask this to CIS. Outside of die hard college football fans, do you know anyone who cares, or even knows that UGA just won back to back national championships? Or watched the game? I don’t, but I do know casual fan after casual fan who watched the Super Bowl. Casual fans drive ratings. College football needs changes. Don’t look upon yourself as the target audience for ratings. Look at your significant others and see the interest or lack thereof thru their eyes.

Well said. I also think a big part of why other people aren’t interested is can you think of two more ******* boring teams than UGA, and Alabama, that are basically dominating the sport now, and probably for quite a bit longer. This is why I pray that Mario and team hits on what they’re trying to do. I just want to shake this bull**** up so bad.

Last edited:
It's really simple.

Injured players must miss remainder of the series (stops faking injuries to an extent)

Run all kickoffs/punts split screen with commercials since you want your money and we have so many touchbacks/fair catches.

All reviews are determined by the guy who is already upstairs. Enough with the show the ref on the field puts on for a review.

Thanks for coming to my Tedtalk.
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

And why do you think that is?

I don't pretend to know, but I am guessing that the powers that be have spent a considerable amount of money on focus groups and other market research that's telling them the games are too long.

Look at the panic baseball is currently in to shorten games right now. Crazy rules.

American's attention spans are contracting more and more.

Advertisement
Back