Proof of Randomness in College Baseball

Especially at UF. There are some wealthy kids at UF. They aren't choosing UF because of some financial difference. They're choosing UF because they are winning AND putting kids out there in the draft. Their parents can afford UM, and if UM was the better program, that's where their kids would go.

I love it.

What evidence do you have for this? Who are we missing out on that UF is signing? They generally don't recruit much south of Palm Beach County. That's not our bread and butter.

It's amazing the amount of stuff that Jagr just makes up.

Advertisement
Funny how all of the private schools in the US can convince hundreds of thousands of kids to choose the more expensive route, but when it comes to UM baseball, it's a burden that cannot be overcome.

What private school has been more successful at baseball than the University of Miami?

Literally everything you say is a giant strawman.

Especially at UF. There are some wealthy kids at UF. They aren't choosing UF because of some financial difference. They're choosing UF because they are winning AND putting kids out there in the draft. Their parents can afford UM, and if UM was the better program, that's where their kids would go.

I love it.

What evidence do you have for this? Who are we missing out on that UF is signing? They generally don't recruit much south of Palm Beach County. That's not our bread and butter.

Jonathan India (He's from Coral Springs where I live), Shaun Anderson(their all time saves leader, also where I'm from) who wasn't on this year's team but played on last year's team, they have a kid from Windermere(very rich neighborhood in Orlando), a kid from Boca(do I really have tell you that one?), and a Kid from Jupiter(again self explanatory)

But instead of finding those kids, we bring in a light-hitting shortstop from f'ing Polk Community College who ends up quitting before the ACC tournament. Lazy and complacent.

I love your one sample size examples.

Don't ever change, Jagr.

Hunter Tackett
Sanchez
Pimental
Buchowski
Perez

All but Pimental have one thing in common..............JUCO

Question.

How many coaches in Division I college baseball won 367 games since 2009 and made the World Series twice. Am too busy to look it up but am regally curious.

Advertisement
See above. There are plenty of players, great players that can afford UM. It is getting off your *** and finding the players and qualifying them.

I love the assumption that our "fans" make that the coaches don't do this. They just sit on their *** and don't recruit at all.

And it's from people like ucanes who probably cleans toilets for a living.

He demands excellence from other people but has mediocrity in his miserable life.

Just like the "fans" that accept mediocrity. Go ahead and hold on to your 2 CWS's in '15 and '16 as your cornerstone. We both know we were 1-4 in those tournaments. We also know we lost to UF by a combined score of 25-5 in '15. Not real impressive, but i'm sure you will tough guy some argument out of it to try to prove your point.

However, I get it now, Morris and staff are great and should stay here as long as they want. Gino, even though he has no head coaching experience deserves the job after Morris retires because of all of the hard work he has done for the program. I also now understand after reading this thread that we should praise Coach Morris for the wonderful job he did last season competing against schools that cost much less as he and his staff recruit hard, it's just a dollars and cents game at UM (disregard the Dartmouth series though).

Oh, the cleans toilets and the mediocrity in my miserable life thing. Is projection the best you can do?

Question.

How many coaches in Division I college baseball won 367 games since 2009 and made the World Series twice. Am too busy to look it up but am regally curious.

Not sure, but rank these three coaches honestly in that timeframe. Morris, O'Sullivan and Martin. If Morris is not number 3 you are lying to yourself. Since the Morris supporters hang onto the two CWS appearances as proof of greatness then Martin has three and O'Sullivan has at lease three.

So perhaps:
O'Sullivan
Martin
Morris

I love it.

Tell me Tiny, without all of the bluster and name calling, how do you know he is wrong. How are you connected to the UM program or HS baseball?

That is the part of difference between staying home or being part of about 6 other teams in the state that go to regionals.

Yes. I mean once since 1973 we're sitting at home. We should hang all the coaches by their balls as punishment.

Dramatics again. A change needs to be made, and it was made very evident last season. Players regressed and that is not a good sign and we did not look up to standards in other positions. The streak should still be alive, and at a program like UM I do not think that is too much to ask for.

I get that you are a Morris fan, and apparently are okay that the streak ended. I hate knowing FSU now has the longest active streak, and it is a strong possibility that they will over take the record in a few years.

Advertisement
That's why you sell your program and work hard to find the kids who are on the plus side of academics and finances.

And you think they don't do this?

I know they don't do this. They rely heavily on Perfect Game rankings and recommendations from travel ball coaches. This isn't a mystery and I'm surprised you're fighting it. When we get a kid from New York or California, it's because the kid (or his coach) contacted us, not because we worked hard and spotted a kid who would fit our program.

Jonathan India (He's from Coral Springs where I live), Shaun Anderson(their all time saves leader, also where I'm from) who wasn't on this year's team but played on last year's team, they have a kid from Windermere(very rich neighborhood in Orlando), a kid from Boca(do I really have tell you that one?), and a Kid from Jupiter(again self explanatory)

On a roster of 29 players, only 4 of them are from Dade, Broward and Palm Beach.

And where did this assumption come from that these guys would be Canes? Go to Coral Springs or Parkland and count up the number of Miami and Florida fans. If you're really from there then you shouldn't have to be told this.

Since when did Windermere become a Miami haven? That was nonsense that you just posted.

Hunter Tackett
Sanchez
Pimental
Buchowski
Perez

All but Pimental have one thing in common..............JUCO

But only one of them who went to Polk CC and quit the team midseason.

I don't expect better from you. I really think this is the best that you can do.

That is the part of difference between staying home or being part of about 6 other teams in the state that go to regionals.

Yes. I mean once since 1973 we're sitting at home. We should hang all the coaches by their balls as punishment.

Two home regional losses.
Missed the tournament completely.
Never better than 1-2 in the CWS, if we make it at all.
Owned by Florida.

But there's no decline since 2001. We're the same as always.

Advertisement

I love it.

Um, dumbest post of the year. Who said that we have to be focused on the area south of Palm Beach? Why don't we go to Tampa or Orlando to get the UF kids who are pistol whipping us?

Go ahead and hold on to your 2 CWS's in '15 and '16 as your cornerstone. We both know we were 1-4 in those tournaments. We also know we lost to UF by a combined score of 25-5 in '15. Not real impressive, but i'm sure you will tough guy some argument out of it to try to prove your point.

You chose 10 years.

We have 3 CWS appearances.

Only 5 schools have more.

Keep running your mouth and the facts will keep embarrassing you.

Advertisement
Funny how all of the private schools in the US can convince hundreds of thousands of kids to choose the more expensive route, but when it comes to UM baseball, it's a burden that cannot be overcome.

What private school has been more successful at baseball than the University of Miami?

Literally everything you say is a giant strawman.

Welcome to the future. It's not 2001.

However, I get it now, Morris and staff are great and should stay here as long as they want.

Something that nobody has said.

You're just uninformed and, quite frankly, not very smart.

All you do is make things up and erect strawmen.

Since when did Windermere become a Miami haven? That was nonsense that you just posted.

Since when are there areas that are off limits? You proved my point better than I did. Sit in the office and wait for the local travel ball coaches to call since, you know, south Florida is our area. God forbid we would go all the way to Orlando (gasp!) to get a program-changing player.

Tell me Tiny, without all of the bluster and name calling, how do you know he is wrong. How are you connected to the UM program or HS baseball?

The burden is not on me. The burden is on the person making the claim.

So now you don't even understand the burden of proof.

Jagr is ASSuming that UF kids would choose Miami if we recruited them harder. What is this based on? Beats me. He didn't provide a single piece of evidence for it.

Advertisement
Back