Proof of Randomness in College Baseball

Dramatics again.

That's because I was mimicking you. The hysteria that consumes uninformed people like yourself borders on that. It's as if missing the postseason one time in 44 years. (something nobody else has done) is cause to string up the coaching staff.

Advertisement
Players regressed and that is not a good sign and we did not look up to standards in other positions.

Who regressed?

Everybody you will attempt to name were either injured and missed significant time or merely suffered from not having Collins, Abreu and Hayward around them in the lineup.

The streak should still be alive, and at a program like UM I do not think that is too much to ask for.

So a program of Miami's caliber (which you've been ripping) should do something that no other program (which you've been praising) has done?

So everybody else can fail except the program that's regressing and the coach who you think can't coach?

Strange standards that some of you non-fans have.

Last edited:
I get that you are a Morris fan, and apparently are okay that the streak ended.

I'm a fan of the University of Miami. I'm not just a fan of winning like you.

I've followed this program for a long time and appreciate what we've got. You might appreciate it too one day. Unfortunately that will probably be after it's over.

I hate knowing FSU now has the longest active streak, and it is a strong possibility that they will over take the record in a few years.

So what are you going to do about it?

Whine on a message board?

Cry?

Find a safe space?

Get real with your self-pity.

Advertisement
So our most effective pitcher came to us from Owasso, Oklahoma via Wichita State and Cisco (TX) College, but Windermere? You expect Gino to go all the way to WINDERMERE to recruit a player?

Not your best day, Aquinas.

I know they don't do this.

So this was your quote.

That's why you sell your program and work hard to find the kids who are on the plus side of academics and finances.

You're really going to say that our coaches don't recruit kids who are on the plus side of academics and finances?

This is so stupid and ignorant that it's mind-blowing even for someone like you.

That's basically 80-90% of our recruiting. Almost every kid we recruit has to have a 4.0 GPA or come from a wealthy family.

What are you talking about?

Jonathan India (He's from Coral Springs where I live), Shaun Anderson(their all time saves leader, also where I'm from) who wasn't on this year's team but played on last year's team, they have a kid from Windermere(very rich neighborhood in Orlando), a kid from Boca(do I really have tell you that one?), and a Kid from Jupiter(again self explanatory)

On a roster of 29 players, only 4 of them are from Dade, Broward and Palm Beach.

And where did this assumption come from that these guys would be Canes? Go to Coral Springs or Parkland and count up the number of Miami and Florida fans. If you're really from there then you shouldn't have to be told this.

Since when did Windermere become a Miami haven? That was nonsense that you just posted.

They have 8 actually and then have another six from southwest FL. That was a simple google search Brian, we already had this discussion and I whipped you around like there was no tomorrow

Advertisement
This isn't a mystery and I'm surprised you're fighting it.

The mystery is why, after years of this racket, you can't get your story straight.

You claim that our coaches need to recruit kids on the plus side of academics and finances and then you back it up with stuff about showcases.

You're like a bot that just spits out random inaccuracies about Miami baseball.

Um, dumbest post of the year. Who said that we have to be focused on the area south of Palm Beach?

The same guy who said that we have to focus on good academic kids and families with good finances.

Which is already 80-90% of our roster.

Maybe one day you'll get your story straight.

Why don't we go to Tampa or Orlando to get the UF kids who are pistol whipping us?

Where are you coming up with this assumption that these UF kids would be Canes if we just asked them?

The UF and Miami players have been distinctly different kinds of kids for a long time. This is not news to anyone with even a modicum of knowledge of college baseball in this state.

Advertisement
Um, dumbest post of the year. Who said that we have to be focused on the area south of Palm Beach?

The same guy who said that we have to focus on good academic kids and families with good finances.

Which is already 80-90% of our roster.

Maybe one day you'll get your story straight.

We had 11 kids not from South Florida or SouthWest Florida on our roster last year. Again Google is your friend

Advertisement
Sit in the office and wait for the local travel ball coaches to call since, you know, south Florida is our area. God forbid we would go all the way to Orlando (gasp!) to get a program-changing player.

It's obvious now that you don't even understand or acknowledge the recruiting restrictions that we have face because of cost and/or location.

People like you just dismiss these things as excuses when in fact they're reality.

You live in this utopia where Miami shows up and suddenly UF kids flip. You also apparently think that there are no risks involved with recruiting out of South Florida.

So our most effective pitcher came to us from Owasso, Oklahoma via Wichita State and Cisco (TX) College, but Windermere? You expect Gino to go all the way to WINDERMERE to recruit a player?

Another lie.

I never said we shouldn't go to Windermere to recruit.

You're setting records for lies today.

They have 8 actually and then have another six from southwest FL. That was a simple google search Brian, we already had this discussion and I whipped you around like there was no tomorrow

I didn't do a Google search. I actually looked at their roster with my own eyes.

View attachment 46467

So they actually have 5 (I missed the Sante Fe kid).

So you were wrong (as usual).

The question is: What did you Google that gave you 8 players? Do you even know how to use Google? Do you even know what it is?

Advertisement
Back