Pro day updates

Carter had 23 reps on the bench.

How that kid didn't leave here a superstar is beyond me. He had the physical gifts and the work ethic.....just never materialized.

Come on J! He played must of his career for the one of the worst coaches we've ever had! Especially from a scheme standpoint! Don't blame the young man, hopefully he can catch on with a team like Green Bay, who knows our kids have not been utilized correctly and they will make him a good player. #alonzogethim
I said as much in the next post I made about him. It was a bit unfair to expect him to just suddenly be a beast as a senior. It's why I said I think he could surprise in the pros. He's obviously blessed with a lot of physical gifts and I totally disagree with the poster that said he "plays like Jane"

Advertisement
Can't wait to see the forties of Richt's recruits in a couple/few years. I think they'll be remarkably better. We were super slow under Golden. (minus a few players)

Njoku with a 40 inch vert at pro day today

What was his combine vert? I remember being not very impressed

You crazy as ****. He had a 37.5 inch vert at the combine.

Yea when there are talks that he was going to break records at the combine I was not impressed with a 37.5 inch vert from an elite track athlete.is it good? Of course it is but I was expecting 40s at the combine like he did at his pro day.

Advertisement
Apparently Kaaya has had turf toe since the VTech game, which can definitely limit someone's movement. Wonder if that played a roll in him being an absolute statue. Needs to improve his mobility alot

If it played any role it was a positive one, because we won 5 of the next 6 games with his turf toe.

Or maybe he was just making up an excuse for not running a 40

Ha, very good possibility there as well

Yea when there are talks that he was going to break records at the combine I was not impressed with a 37.5 inch vert from an elite track athlete.is it good? Of course it is but I was expecting 40s at the combine like he did at his pro day.

Man have a seat.

Advertisement

Man have a seat.

Why? You can't fake a vert like you can a 40 and he had a 2.5 inch increase which I'm sure he could even do better. Had he have gotten in the 40s at the combine he would be in the elite category I was expecting him to perform at but his numbers were underwhelming from what I anticipated him to do. Now his pro day was more impressive then his combine right? Which equates to it being more impressive? You tell me

Advertisement

Man have a seat.

Why? You can't fake a vert like you can a 40 and he had a 2.5 inch increase which I'm sure he could even do better. Had he have gotten in the 40s at the combine he would be in the elite category I was expecting him to perform at but his numbers were underwhelming from what I anticipated him to do. Now his pro day was more impressive then his combine right? Which equates to it being more impressive? You tell me

To add insult to injury, had he jumped 40 inches, then it would have been the top TE vertical instead of being tied for 3rd and also a top 10 performance rather then a top 20. A big difference.

Nope. I stand by everything. I'm just saying he could've come back and proved me wrong. I'm pumped for the Allison, Kosi, or Sitkowski era to begin and forget this JAG

He's locked in to being a mid-round pick, and NFL teams don't cut mid-round QB's, they let them "grow" while they cash checks and do nothing, which probably excites Kaaya.

Why did you omit Rosier as you aren't giving him much respect

Advertisement
Do people realize how high a 40" vertical is? Most of the b-ball players people idolize don't even have a standing 40" vertical.

Anything in the mid-30's and up is legit. The average standing vertical in the NBA (a sport that emphasizes jumping) is only 28". (and those MF's are 170lbs) Look at the results from the NBA combine and 40" verticals are extremely rare.

A 240+ pound man jumping anywhere between 35"-40" is very impressive.

Grace and AQM are there because Richt said from the start the decision to pull their scholarship was not his, and they were welcome to perform at pro day. We were still on NCAA probation, so had no choice. So happy for both of them that they're balling out. They'll get drafted in mid rounds with these numbers even without playing their senior years. There's enough tape on them for teams to see they have the IT factor.

I'm bummed at Yearby's 40. Hope he busts out in the shuttle and other tests. WTF was Strong doing with Colbert at Texas? Most underutilized kid since Golden ruined McCord. He will get hard looks now.

Belichick with Kool for 20-30 minutes means he's asking about the kids. Talking for an hour ... not a good sign IMHO. With all due respect to the greatest mind in the NFL, GTFOOH with that nonsense.

UM has a history letting guys removed from the team to participate in the pro day if they remain in good standing academically. Aldarious Johnson is a recent example.

Do people realize how high a 40" vertical is? Most of the b-ball players people idolize don't even have a standing 40" vertical.

Anything in the mid-30's and up is legit. The average standing vertical in the NBA (a sport that emphasizes jumping) is only 28". (and those MF's are 170lbs) Look at the results from the NBA combine and 40" verticals are extremely rare.

A 240+ pound man jumping anywhere between 35"-40" is very impressive.

David Thompson had a 44" vertical. Gus Johnson could snatch a quarter off the top of the backboard.

Advertisement
Back