Pride

Advertisement
First off, apologies to you @DMoney, to you @LuCane, & to you @RVACane for this ill chit imma bout to spit.

So I just watched the NYJ win a game. Their fans don’t understand why; but, The Jets have been trying to win for the past several weeks, to the point, players openly complained about Greg Williams putting them in an awful position against Oakland two weeks ago. Frank Gore said he refused to go out winless. Frank Gore......

Frank Gore is a true Cane, cut from the old school where nothing was handed to you, the best rose to the top, and if u weren’t the best, you were forced to strive to be the best. That was Canes football. What I see now, have been seeing, is NOT Canes football. All the excuses, lies, cronyism, favoritism....that’s not how we’re built.

BUT, I can live w/ a **** poor admin apathetic to our history, that’s been that way since I followed this team as a young kid. What I can’t tolerate is this pu$$y filled mantra that’s seeping into this fan base. I’m literally seeing ppl trying to reason why we should’ve opted out of an opportunity to add another win, and put some sort of hardware in our trophy case, b/c they are afraid of a L. I’m literally seeing fans using other programs as a template as to y we should do as they do.

WHO TF ARE U MOFOS??? We are NOT PSU. We are NOT Minnesota. We are NOT San Diego State. We are not Fckin FSDOOKIE. We are NOT UCLA! We are The Mutha Fckin U! We didn’t become The U by doing as the others do, we did it our way, taking lumps, bumps, bruises, ridicule and all! Shame on u toilet sitting mofos! Do not let the chit show lull u to sleep, b/c if u buy in to every punk *** excuse as to why our 4 star players can’t compete w/ 3 star players in the mutha fckin Corstal, then you will allow this program to sink beyond rebuild. We will become Pitt, Syracuse, and all them 1950 black & white TV schools that ain’t chit today.

To say a bowl game is meaningless is dumb af, not after the bull chit we endured the last two yrs. We can’t hide behind a fluke seasons; either we have a staff that’s about that life, or we’re on the search again. The fans are the heartbeat of this program; not the BOT, not the AD. We are. If they feel comfortable, nothing will change...and right now, u got them bytches feeling real cozy by a fire place right now. Maybe u, too, feel it’s E before W, and ****, we can’t even get the E right under Frenk!

You know why Michigan moved on from Hoke? B/c the fans & student body made huge noise that a lazy admin had no other choice but to move. For the Manny supporters; if u think he’s the man, then he can start by winning a bowl game. I’m glad we’re playing in this bowl; I like seeing my team w/ an opportunity. Miami still means something to me; and **** naw; I’m never going to let them off the hook on some bull chit excuse that the team gave up b/c they were exhausted. Every mutha fckin program is exhausted, including to the top 6 in the CFP! LOOK AT THE NYJ! They had zero to play for, EXCEPT their pride!

If Manny & his staph can’t get players to buy in to playing for each other & that logo on their helmet, which is iconic, then move him the fck on. But at no time, should we ever think about opting out of chit when we got too much work to do! STOP COMPARING US TO FCK BOY SCHOOLS & HOW THEY MOVE!

Finally; stop complaining about the same teams being dominant in CFB. It’s ALWAYS been a handful of teams dominant, and guess what? We were that team for 20+ yrs! We became that team by knocking off those teams! Bama wasn’t always this team; Bama sucked for almost 20 yrs!! But they did something about it. Clemson wasn’t always this team; they sucked for 30 yrs; but they did something about it. UGA did something about it. Texas A&M did something about it. Florida did something about it.

The question is, will we? If not, don’t blame CFB or whine about that chit, don’t blame bags; blame those cutting the checks at The Hecht.

Man; ball up!
Good ****. The moaning is even worse in a FB group I am in. The 'Midol Mopes' reek of low testosterone beta pheromones.

Who is this administration that you speak of, and what are your examples that they are apathetic to football? Can you name a single one that isn't Blake James or Julio Frenk?

Have you met ANYONE that is actually a University administrator?

I cannot say this enough. The Trustees and many employees are much, much bigger fans than any of you who have only rooted for the football team. These people do things for the University because they love it, and they don't cry and ***** and pitch a fit every time we lose.

That is how you support a team.

Y'all don't seem to realize that a small, private school is not spending $8 million a year on a head football coach.

having worked at um, i can attest that most of the employees could not give two ***** less about the football team and a heavy portion of the academic side actively dislike the program.

I know the truth hurts friend, but the sooner you realize that your alma mater's really not that great, the better your life will become.

LOL - what truth? A bunch brokedlck losers like you don’t even know what the truth is.

Go find another school to cheer for, sounds like you’re done with this one, and we don’t want or need the likes of you. GFY

having worked at um, i can attest that most of the employees could not give two ***** less about the football team and a heavy portion of the academic side actively dislike the program.

That’s true of most of the professors and academicians, and hey, guess what? That is the case at pretty much every single university in the country. You should know this. You probably do.

If you haven’t noticed, most college level educators everywhere aren’t into contact sports, think they’re worthless, a waste of money, and promote “toxic masculinity.”

Welcome to college academia orthodoxy since forever

Advertisement
That’s true of most of the professors and academicians, and hey, guess what? That is the case at pretty much every single university in the country. You should know this. You probably do.

If you haven’t noticed, most college level educators everywhere aren’t into contact sports, think they’re worthless, a waste of money, and promote “toxic masculinity.”

Welcome to college academia orthodoxy since forever
oh absolutely. it's annoying when they can't acknowledge that a sizeable portion of the student body is there and the university was able to expand in the ways that it has because of the football team's exposure.

i'm just addressing the other guy saying that most university employees are bigger fans than people that have no other connection to the school outside of football, which is a crock of ****.

As just a "fan", since 1988, that is very interesting.

oh absolutely. it's annoying when they can't acknowledge that a sizeable portion of the student body is there and the university was able to expand in the ways that it has because of the football team's exposure.

i'm just addressing the other guy saying that most university employees are bigger fans than people that have no other connection to the school outside of football, which is a crock of ****.

It depends on your definition of fan. That’s an actually interesting topic, in all seriousness. I think we all have different definitions.

Also, if you spend most of your time around the athletic department your perspective would be different than if you were in say, the humanities department.

It depends on your definition of fan. That’s an actually interesting topic, in all seriousness. I think we all have different definitions.

Also, if you spend most of your time around the athletic department your perspective would be different than if you were in say, the humanities department.
i don't consider an employee that throws a t-shirt on and says "go canes" once a week, then asks about how the game went on monday morning a fan. my incredibly low standard in this case is someone who watches the games and generally follows week to week. you wouldn't believe how many people that work for the university ask how the game went the next week.

athletics employees absolutely care but there's only so many of them. student affairs employees are hot and cold. bean counters care for different reasons. academic side has an enclave of big fans but mostly apathetic to disliking. i worked in academics and student affairs, and worked very closely with athletics.

Advertisement
The BoT could not be happier with a 2-loss regular season and fringe top-10 recruiting class. Let's see if Diaz gets the extension.

The BoT could not be happier with a 2-loss regular season and fringe top-10 recruiting class. Let's see if Diaz gets the extension.

If you think anyone that cares about football on the BOT (there are only a very few BOT members that have influence regarding football) is happy with that last game, or its implications, you have lost your last critical thinking brain cells.

People need to stop pretending they know anything about the BOT other than the few meaningless snippets they get in the media.

This team has no pride. To let UNC plow thru them like a paranos specialty and then blame being mentally tired is bull crap. Im almost tired of guys leaving early for the draft when other schools get there guys to return. These kids dont want to work hard and bring miami back. Its just a stepping stone to be a 6th round pick

There you go again, lying to yourself. Smh. It might not have been 100% bad luck, but it also wasn't 100% incompetence like you make it seem either. The bottomline is the choices for this program are limited, that's why capable ADs like Dee & Hocutt hired **** coaches. You should investigate further into why that was the case? Furthermore the hiring aspect is only 1 part of the equation. The facilitating & empowering of said HC is another.
I have no idea what you're foaming at the mouth over. Nothing is ever 100% one thing or another and I certainly didn't say otherwise so you're making up a ridiculous out of place strawman to flail at.

The program obviously has limitations. Some of those limitations come from the Admin and its support, which is part of the point. Others are what they are, but aren't excuses for idiotic or weak decisions in respect of the program.

You're just flailing for no reason.

Advertisement
They've never given a ****....Thats 100% factual ....

I'm pretty sure they gave a **** when they hired Lou Saban, and I'm pretty sure they gave a **** when they hired Howard Schnellenberger. Neither hire was cheap, and both coaches were supremely qualified before they took the Miami job.

Actions, not words. I swear, people put way too much stock in to that 30 for 30 ESPN special, and now everyone thinks the University of Miami hated their football program in the early 80's. But their actions say otherwise.

Their actions say they wanted to build a powerhouse in the late 70's to early 80's, and then they quit putting anything back in to the program in the mid-80's. But before that? Yeah, there was a time when they cared.

Advertisement
i don't consider an employee that throws a t-shirt on and says "go canes" once a week, then asks about how the game went on monday morning a fan. my incredibly low standard in this case is someone who watches the games and generally follows week to week. you wouldn't believe how many people that work for the university ask how the game went the next week.

athletics employees absolutely care but there's only so many of them. student affairs employees are hot and cold. bean counters care for different reasons. academic side has an enclave of big fans but mostly apathetic to disliking. i worked in academics and student affairs, and worked very closely with athletics.

Pretty much the same as it would be in most any institution. It just depends. Not everyone affiliated with a university cares about the football program. Most are there for other reasons.

This is completely false. Do you know a single bot member?

I know the truth hurts friend, but the sooner you realize that your alma mater's really not that great, the better your life will become.

When someone posts “your alma mater” that tells me you’re a worthless hating troll that is only here to enjoy Miami’s misery and I bet your porsting history reveals this.

What actual school are you a fan of, troll? I smell reptile scales.

I’m sure @RVACane @JD08 @JeddTheFisch have taken notice.

Seems like every single post of yours is we’re fūcked forever and there’s no recourse. Just saying.

When someone posts “your alma mater” that tells me you’re a worthless hating troll that is only here to enjoy Miami’s misery and I bet your porsting history reveals this.

What actual school are you a fan of, troll? I smell reptile scales.

I’m sure @RVACane @JD08 @JeddTheFisch have taken notice.

Seems like every single post of yours is we’re fūcked forever and there’s no recourse. Just saying.
Someone noticed because he looks gone for a long time.

Advertisement
Back