Pride

That’s true of most of the professors and academicians, and hey, guess what? That is the case at pretty much every single university in the country. You should know this. You probably do.

If you haven’t noticed, most college level educators everywhere aren’t into contact sports, think they’re worthless, a waste of money, and promote “toxic masculinity.”

Welcome to college academia orthodoxy since forever

Exactly.

Remember the "Rutgers 1000"?

And I can tell you that there are plenty of professors at UiF who do not give one single **** about the football program, and would be happy to use that corner of the campus for new academic buildings.

Advertisement
The BoT could not be happier with a 2-loss regular season and fringe top-10 recruiting class. Let's see if Diaz gets the extension.

While this may be the case for some on the BOT, that is not the case for all of them. And I know multiple members of the BOT, went to school with them, spend time talking with them at alumni functions.

First off, apologies to you @DMoney, to you @LuCane, & to you @RVACane for this ill chit imma bout to spit.

So I just watched the NYJ win a game. Their fans don’t understand why; but, The Jets have been trying to win for the past several weeks, to the point, players openly complained about Greg Williams putting them in an awful position against Oakland two weeks ago. Frank Gore said he refused to go out winless. Frank Gore......

Frank Gore is a true Cane, cut from the old school where nothing was handed to you, the best rose to the top, and if u weren’t the best, you were forced to strive to be the best. That was Canes football. What I see now, have been seeing, is NOT Canes football. All the excuses, lies, cronyism, favoritism....that’s not how we’re built.

BUT, I can live w/ a **** poor admin apathetic to our history, that’s been that way since I followed this team as a young kid. What I can’t tolerate is this pu$$y filled mantra that’s seeping into this fan base. I’m literally seeing ppl trying to reason why we should’ve opted out of an opportunity to add another win, and put some sort of hardware in our trophy case, b/c they are afraid of a L. I’m literally seeing fans using other programs as a template as to y we should do as they do.

WHO TF ARE U MOFOS??? We are NOT PSU. We are NOT Minnesota. We are NOT San Diego State. We are not Fckin FSDOOKIE. We are NOT UCLA! We are The Mutha Fckin U! We didn’t become The U by doing as the others do, we did it our way, taking lumps, bumps, bruises, ridicule and all! Shame on u toilet sitting mofos! Do not let the chit show lull u to sleep, b/c if u buy in to every punk *** excuse as to why our 4 star players can’t compete w/ 3 star players in the mutha fckin Corstal, then you will allow this program to sink beyond rebuild. We will become Pitt, Syracuse, and all them 1950 black & white TV schools that ain’t chit today.

To say a bowl game is meaningless is dumb af, not after the bull chit we endured the last two yrs. We can’t hide behind a fluke seasons; either we have a staff that’s about that life, or we’re on the search again. The fans are the heartbeat of this program; not the BOT, not the AD. We are. If they feel comfortable, nothing will change...and right now, u got them bytches feeling real cozy by a fire place right now. Maybe u, too, feel it’s E before W, and ****, we can’t even get the E right under Frenk!

You know why Michigan moved on from Hoke? B/c the fans & student body made huge noise that a lazy admin had no other choice but to move. For the Manny supporters; if u think he’s the man, then he can start by winning a bowl game. I’m glad we’re playing in this bowl; I like seeing my team w/ an opportunity. Miami still means something to me; and **** naw; I’m never going to let them off the hook on some bull chit excuse that the team gave up b/c they were exhausted. Every mutha fckin program is exhausted, including to the top 6 in the CFP! LOOK AT THE NYJ! They had zero to play for, EXCEPT their pride!

If Manny & his staph can’t get players to buy in to playing for each other & that logo on their helmet, which is iconic, then move him the fck on. But at no time, should we ever think about opting out of chit when we got too much work to do! STOP COMPARING US TO FCK BOY SCHOOLS & HOW THEY MOVE!

Finally; stop complaining about the same teams being dominant in CFB. It’s ALWAYS been a handful of teams dominant, and guess what? We were that team for 20+ yrs! We became that team by knocking off those teams! Bama wasn’t always this team; Bama sucked for almost 20 yrs!! But they did something about it. Clemson wasn’t always this team; they sucked for 30 yrs; but they did something about it. UGA did something about it. Texas A&M did something about it. Florida did something about it.

The question is, will we? If not, don’t blame CFB or whine about that chit, don’t blame bags; blame those cutting the checks at The Hecht.

Man; ball up!
I feel you on this and the part about getting the team ready for this game is real. Game is a huge indication of what kind of coach manny is IMO.

cocaine party hard GIF
Hands down the funniest thing I’ve seen on this site yet 💀💀💀

Advertisement
Of course he doesn’t. BOT is the new CIS low-intelligence porster boogeyman.

The BOT are in charge. Blaming the BOT for the Canes sucking is like blaming the board of directors at a company that sells a ****** product. It's justified, completely logical, and it comes with the job description. The buck always stops at the top.

The BOT are in charge. Blaming the BOT for the Canes sucking is like blaming the board of directors at a company that sells a ****** product. It's justified, completely logical, and it comes with the job description. The buck always stops at the top.

It’s not that simple. There’s enough blame to go around in a complex situation. Even at schools where you have strong armed multi-mega-billionaire swinging ****s, it gets complicated. We don’t have that. What we do have is shltty fans that complain about $25 parking and don’t contribute.

This is completely false. Do you know a single bot member?

Who gives a **** if he does or doesn't "know" a BOT member? What difference does that make? If the BOT cared about football, they wouldn't have authorized the hire of a first-time AD, and a first-time head football coach.

Those are the actions of a university that doesn't give a ****. Just because you met some BOT member at a ****tail party and he told you everything you wanted to hear doesn't mean jack ****. Actions matter, not words.

Advertisement
It’s not that simple. There’s enough blame to go around in a complex situation. Even at schools where you have strong armed multi-mega-billionaire swinging ****s, it gets complicated. We don’t have that. What we do have is shltty fans that complain about $25 parking and don’t contribute.

They're in no position to ask for money when the product they put on the field is garbage. People want something in return.

And I'll ask you the same thing I asked the other guy.... if the BOT really want to make football a priority, then why did they hire an Athletic Director with no prior experience and a head football coach with no prior experience?

Those actions indicate to me that they want to save money on salaries, not that they're taking football seriously and trying to build a winner.

****, even the university president is a first-timer. Look, I'm not trying to divine anyone's intentions or motives... i'm not psychic... but the ACTIONS of the university are not consistent with the results they claim they want.

Truth.

And a Board of Directors comparison is just silly. Anyone who has worked at a high level in corporations knows that the Board of Directors tend to be fairly clueless about "****ty products". And they never lose their BoD positions over "****ty products".

Who gives a **** if he does or doesn't "know" a BOT member? What difference does that make? If the BOT cared about football, they wouldn't have authorized the hire of a first-time AD, and a first-time head football coach.

Those are the actions of a university that doesn't give a ****. Just because you met some BOT member at a ****tail party and he told you everything you wanted to hear doesn't mean jack ****. Actions matter, not words.

Doc Mallios and Paul Dee were "first-time ADs".

Howard Schnellenberger, Butch Davis, and Larry Coker were "first-time college head football coaches".

It doesn't make sense to make a lot of broad generalizations about whether hiring a "first-timer" equates to "caring".

As for the relevance of "knowing" a BOT member or members, I would imagine it would go to the actual ultimate question of whether the BOT cares. You know, instead of inferring "caring" from "hiring a first-timer", you could accurately form an opinion on "caring" from actually knowing how a BOT member feels.

People need to understand UM's BOT is a large and diverse body, and the people on it have many different personal, political, and professional motivations. As far as football is concerned...

There are people on the BOT that actively obstruct the continued growth of the football program and see it as a waste of resources.
There are people on the BOT who love the football program and place its success among the most critical action items for the university.
There are people on the BOT who support the football program, but only to a certain extent and not above academic success.
There are people on the BOT who consider the football program a necessary institution, but only insomuch as it is a marketing tool for the university.

There are even guys like Bernie Kosar and Jon Vilma on the BOT, whose devotion and love for UM football cannot be seriously questioned.

So when you speak about the BOT and what it "cares" about, know it is a complex body made up of many individuals with their own preferences, motives, politics, desires, loyalties, and goals. Attempting to ascribe one characteristic to a board of approximately 90 people is a fool's errand.

Advertisement
Truth.

And a Board of Directors comparison is just silly. Anyone who has worked at a high level in corporations knows that the Board of Directors tend to be fairly clueless about "****ty products". And they never lose their BoD positions over "****ty products".

Is this a joke?

Being clueless about something and ultimately being responsible for it are two different things.

Yeah! When the going gets tough, the tough get going!!

See you in January.

They're in no position to ask for money when the product they put on the field is garbage. People want something in return.

And I'll ask you the same thing I asked the other guy.... if the BOT really want to make football a priority, then why did they hire an Athletic Director with no prior experience and a head football coach with no prior experience?

Those actions indicate to me that they want to save money on salaries, not that they're taking football seriously and trying to build a winner.

****, even the university president is a first-timer. Look, I'm not trying to divine anyone's intentions or motives... i'm not psychic... but the ACTIONS of the university are not consistent with the results they claim they want.

Bowman Foster Ashe was a first-time university president at UM.
Jay F.W. Pearson was a first-time university president at UM.
Edward T. "Tad" Foote II was a first-time university president at UM.

In fact, the only UM presidents who have had any prior experience as University presidents (or chancellors) have been Henry King Stanford and Donna Edna Shalala.

As mentioned previously, AD Doc Mallios and HC Howard Schnellenberger were a successful "first-timer" duo. As were Paul Dee and Butch Davis. And Paul Dee and Larry Coker.

Advertisement
Is this a joke?

Being clueless about something and ultimately being responsible for it are two different things.

Yeah, tell me about all the times when BoDs are replaced for "****ty products". And I'm not talking about an acquisition (which may or may not be related to said "****ty products").

"Is this a joke?" is the question that everyone asks when you rant about hiring first-time ADs and HCs.

Doc Mallios and Paul Dee were "first-time ADs".

Howard Schnellenberger, Butch Davis, and Larry Coker were "first-time college head football coaches".

It doesn't make sense to make a lot of broad generalizations about whether hiring a "first-timer" equates to "caring".

As for the relevance of "knowing" a BOT member or members, I would imagine it would go to the actual ultimate question of whether the BOT cares. You know, instead of inferring "caring" from "hiring a first-timer", you could accurately form an opinion on "caring" from actually knowing how a BOT member feels.

Howard Schnellenberger was second in command under Bear Bryant and Don Shula. Butch Davis was the DC under Jimmy Johnson.

Comparing these hires to Manny Diaz is just ignorant. Both of these men won super bowls AND college national titles before taking over at Miami.

And just because a BOT member told you they care about football doesn't mean they actually do, because their actions say otherwise. At any company, you hire someone with no experience when their job isn't that important and you're looking to save money.

Truth.

If people only knew just how clueless most board of directors are

You mean that press release? LOL

A bunch of clueless brokeass motherfūckers discussing a damage control Twitter press release.

You guys really have no clue how things work.

You see what they wanted you to see, and then discuss it like a bunch of drunk retards with not a clue of what really happens.
You must be real fun around the holidays.

Advertisement
Back