Pricing released UM VS UF

Advertisement
No, it had to be done by the 12th. Didn't know if you had any season tickets or had donated prior.

Oh yeah I forgot about the 12th deadline. Looks like Derek is going to have to either go on the secondary market like StubHub, or get somebody he knows to try to buy tickets for him next week

There seems to be a problem with getting a parking pass inside the stadium parking area and the lots outside the stadium in lots controlled by the company controlled by Camping World. A friend who is buying tickets called UM and Camping World and was told there were no parking passes for sale. Seems sort of crazy. Where are all of the people who are buying tickets going to park?

You'll be fine. It is not that bad.

the area around DT is fine. the area around the stadium is ****** but you aren't gonna stay there. id rec finding a hotel on i drive and just uberring to DT to pregame. its good barhopping spot and then just walk over w the masses to the stadium.

SIAP, how's the tailgate and parking situation at this stadium? Do I need parking passes is or is it ran similar to the yellow lot on gameday?

For the most part, you can compare it to the old Orange Bowl. The Citrus Bowl is in an area that is not particularly well-developed. There are going to be plenty of parking lots, but they are grassy and/or muddy. There are also a lot of area residents that sell parking in their yards and driveways.

I am getting in contact with some folks regarding a possible UM-AA tailgate, but it is my understanding that some of the stadium parking lots are privately-owned.

For those who remember the tailgate that Tweed did a few years ago for the bowl game, he was a few blocks west of the stadium at an Advance Auto Parts on John Young Parkway.

Advertisement
None of this sounds ideal. I never had any problems with the OB neighborhood, those old Cuban women treated us like kings. Hearing how bad the area around the stadium is something that keeps getting reiterated from multiple friends. Am being told to stay in Winter Park and drive in because of how crappy it is. I would definitely pay $50 to park.

So I take it no to pre-sale on passes?

What you may want to consider is parking near I-4 and Church Street, and then taking one of the bike-cabs over.

Parking near the stadium will probably go on sale closer to game time. I have purchased Citrus Bowl parking through TicketMaster for concerts before. I don't think we've ever been offered parking before on Kick-Off games (LSU), ACC-CG, or bowls.

If you go early enough, you should have no problems with the main stadium cash parking lots.

Anybody knows how the uber/lyft situation is into the stadium?

It’s always a crapshoot in an unfamiliar stadium.

When I was in Dallas for the *** whupping, Ubering to the stadium was easy as pie, but leaving was a whole other story

Anybody knows how the uber/lyft situation is into the stadium?

It’s always a crapshoot in an unfamiliar stadium.

When I was in Dallas for the *** whupping, Ubering to the stadium was easy as pie, but leaving was a whole other story

Just being honest, based on past events at the Citrus Bowl, the Ubering-in is not a problem, but getting out is a bloody mess. Since the parking lots are not all controlled by the stadium, it is very haphazard where the entrances/exits are, and how you get back out onto the surface roads. Took me over an hour to get out of a one-square-block parking lot after the Guns N Roses concert.

Closer in time, I'll post information on the bus routes (not yet been finalized). Similar to how you could get buses between the MetroRail and the Orange Bowl, Orlando has been setting up free buses from near the basketball arena/soccer stadium to the football stadium. They used to pick up in front of the old police station (next to the basketball arena), but it is a construction site now.

If you are not taking tents/grills, then you may want to park near the basketball arena/soccer stadium, and either take buses, bike-cabs, or walk.

There is a lot of parking by the Florida A&M law school, and around I4 (both sides). The Orlando Magic parking garage is good too, it will probably be open that day.

This is section 132 row w.. I think about 8 rows from the back.

gatorbrad-20150404152045.jpg

This is 234 row V which seems to be about halfway.

anonymous-20180902013127.jpg

This is sec 205 front row, wrong side but you get the view

anonymous-20180206022837.jpg

All these come from A view from my seats Camping World Stadium

Advertisement
the area around DT is fine. the area around the stadium is ****** but you aren't gonna stay there. id rec finding a hotel on i drive and just uberring to DT to pregame. its good barhopping spot and then just walk over w the masses to the stadium.

Define ******. I’ve been to 2 Miami Bowl games at that stadium, it’s fine. Never felt uncomfortable there once. I have no clue how the scene in downtown is. I’m staying at Disney for this trip.

Just being honest, based on past events at the Citrus Bowl, the Ubering-in is not a problem, but getting out is a bloody mess. Since the parking lots are not all controlled by the stadium, it is very haphazard where the entrances/exits are, and how you get back out onto the surface roads. Took me over an hour to get out of a one-square-block parking lot after the Guns N Roses concert.

Closer in time, I'll post information on the bus routes (not yet been finalized). Similar to how you could get buses between the MetroRail and the Orange Bowl, Orlando has been setting up free buses from near the basketball arena/soccer stadium to the football stadium. They used to pick up in front of the old police station (next to the basketball arena), but it is a construction site now.

If you are not taking tents/grills, then you may want to park near the basketball arena/soccer stadium, and either take buses, bike-cabs, or walk.

There is a lot of parking by the Florida A&M law school, and around I4 (both sides). The Orlando Magic parking garage is good too, it will probably be open that day.

I’m not driving there period. Just not worth the hassle for me. Everybody is different, and some people want to drive, that’s fine for them. I just never park at away games. Even if I have to walk a few blocks to get to a better intersection for pickup...I’ll do it.

I’m going to probably go to one of those prepared tailgates anyway, so all I have to do show up, as long as I’ve paid. Just no reason for me to fight that traffic.

Advertisement
Define ******. I’ve been to 2 Miami Bowl games at that stadium, it’s fine. Never felt uncomfortable there once. I have no clue how the scene in downtown is. I’m staying at Disney for this trip.

DT is fine (not a lot of hotels). the area around the stadium isnt great but due to the soccer stadium and the gentrification, its getting better. during a game day, you wont find many issues. nothing will happen tho, i just wouldn't stay around there. and good choice with disney -- w the new disney springs, a lot more options out there now

I’m not driving there period. Just not worth the hassle for me. Everybody is different, and some people want to drive, that’s fine for them. I just never park at away games. Even if I have to walk a few blocks to get to a better intersection for pickup...I’ll do it.

I’m going to probably go to one of those prepared tailgates anyway, so all I have to do show up, as long as I’ve paid. Just no reason for me to fight that traffic.

OK, that makes sense.

The closest north-south road where you should be guaranteed to be able to get an Uber/Lyft pickup will be US 441/South Orange Blossom Trail, which is a few blocks to the east of the stadium (imagine NW 12th Avenue in the Orange Bowl days). A lot of the other surface roads around the Citrus Bowl will either be partially closed or have police directing the traffic, but once you get out to 441, the traffic should flow easier, as 441 connects to the East-West Expressway and I-4. I can't remember them ever shutting down 441 to redirect traffic.

The 441 east-west cross-streets of Washington Street, South Street, and Anderson Street are easy for an Uber/Lyft driver to take towards the stadium to meet you if they are coming from the downtown area. Church Street and Central Street will probably be heavily used by the bike-cab guys and the buses.

If you decide to catch an Uber west of the stadium, go out to John Young Parkway via Church Street.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is there a website with these details?? I donate and still haven’t seen an email, even checked spam.
They are having problems with emails. We didn't receive an email either. We called and were told the 19 at 2 o'clock. I would call them if I was you

None of this sounds ideal. I never had any problems with the OB neighborhood, those old Cuban women treated us like kings. Hearing how bad the area around the stadium is something that keeps getting reiterated from multiple friends. Am being told to stay in Winter Park and drive in because of how crappy it is. I would definitely pay $50 to park.

So I take it no to pre-sale on passes?
I have been there many times. It isn't that bad . I park south of the stadium at the high school right there

Advertisement
Back