2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont matter who he picks on the 8th still a long time till he signs . Games gotta be played still .. we really need buckeyes to have a down year and hopefully hartline is a bad OC 🤣
Maybe I'm not remembering it right but I think Rashada is usually the exception rather than the rule. Once a top QB commits they usually don't flip.

Advertisement
From the Athletic article everyone is talking about above:

“I didn’t just visit Ohio State to visit Ohio State,” Noland said. “I wanted to go up there and see what it was all about. I wanted to see the coaching staff and get a better feel for them and the situation, but I also wanted to see how the players act on a day-to-day basis and get a good feeling about the place. History doesn’t lie. That is a big factor for me. For them to have produced first-rounders and Heisman Trophy winners, that’s what stands out to me.”

Well one school almost guarantees you’re in the top ten of the NFL draft and the other had one of the worst passing seasons in school history.

Why do yall act like saying no to Miami as an elite QB is a snub? If you weren’t a UM fan you’d think the kid was nuts to go here.
And yet they all bust in the NFL...

Advertisement
Not everyone thought he was getting an offer from them.
If that’s the case then people were misinformed imo

He’s their #1 target at the position currently

I think people misunderstood the timing aspects of it. Only reason the offer came now was the impact of having it come in person with the whole experience

To clarify this is how OSU insiders have explained it for a few months:

When they lost out on their #1 target they had a handful of backups, Norland being at the top or near the top of the list

They keep in contact, his interest in us was sky high they weren’t sure they had a shot. Time goes by a bit and they feel they can seal the deal so the whole thing goes down

Lots of people in this thread were misreading it like he was a plan C type kid and if they wanted him they would get him. They’ve always wanted him.

Could be wrong of course but the events played out like that. Still doesn’t mean we won’t get him though.

Last edited:
Y'all are so pathetic it's hysterical. It's the same people every time.

People forget a 5-7 Miami team with arguably the worst offense in P5 football nearly beat out Ohio St for Inniss. Yeah, the school you're currently deep-throating so ******* hard it's giving you a headache, nearly lost a 5-star WR to a team allergic to scoring points and a dead OC.

Why did we nearly beat them out? Because they're poor as ****. Or at least act like it.

Grow a pair. And if he changed his mind, stop acting like the sky is falling. That or go make the rest of us a sandwich while we strap in for what is always a long and tumultuous recruiting season. Do I need to bump half of the recruiting posts from last spring/summer for the intellectually-challenged to remember their mistakes? Seems like none of y'all learned your lesson, or enjoy misery.

79AB2C12-26BF-4EED-B613-5F68F65F9C8C.gif

If that’s the case then people were misinformed imo

He’s their #1 target at the position currently

I think people misunderstood the timing aspects of it. Only reason the offer came now was the impact of having it come in person with the whole experience

To clarify this is how OSU insiders have explained it for a few months:

When they lost out on their #1 target they had a handful of backups, Norland being at the top or near the top of the list

They keep in contact, his interest in us was sky high they weren’t sure they had a shot. Time goes by a bit and they feel they can seal the deal so the whole thing goes down

Lots of people in this thread were misreading it like he was a plan C type kid and if they wanted him they would get him. They’ve always wanted him.

Could be wrong of course but the events played out like that. Still doesn’t mean we won’t get him though.
You maybe right but really sounds like Taint insiders fluffing their audience. You offer multiple QBs but you have a board and let it play out. Last year Nico, Rashada, Dante Moore and others had offers. What it seems like is they missed out on Jayden Davis and relooked at Air and liked what they saw. There was no reason for waiting to offer the kid.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm not remembering it right but I think Rashada is usually the exception rather than the rule. Once a top QB commits they usually don't flip.
This around same time garcia committed to USC . These kids not 1000% committed when they commit now a days

One last thing and I'll run back under the shadows...it's no secret everyone associates our athletic program to NIL, which leads to hatred. That hatred comes in many forms, but none bigger than jealousy. Universities and boosters alike at other traditional powerhouses that have experienced significant success in the modern era with football and/or basketball + baseball (the Big 3, even if it's really just a Big 1 when it boils down to it) are enraged when Miami starts upping the ante because they can't compete financially. Why do we deserve it? What have we done on the football field to merit such strong financial backing? All that builds up into rage (look at UF last season and the bidding wars/emotional money flaunting). There are maybe 10-12 schools that can, and even less that are willing to; you know the usual suspects.

In turn, coaches get frustrated because they're not getting the financial means to compete with us, the Texas schools, etc. Even the SEC big dogs...they can't just push us aside and outbid anymore. It's a war. Coaches start negative recruiting - out of desperation, or anger, maybe both...and most of the time, it doesn't work. Good relationships, strong ones that have existed for more than a few days of recent attention...usually win out.

But if you thought they loathed the University before, just wait for this class. If you thought our NIL peak was in 2022...after Mario appeased all the boosters by cleaning house and admitting his shortcomings, plus the publicity from basketball, a Top 20 ranking for the baseball team....hahah.

Strap the f^ck in and enjoy the marathon...it's not a sprint.

This is the statement class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This kid is a Top 50 recruit. There is no such thing as an easy final lap.

And even if there were, it’s April. Pen to paper happens in 8 months.
He was figuratively speaking.

However, I'd rather be recruiting from the lead than engaged in a dogfight when there's other recruits to be had. It's not like our roster is built so that we can focus on only a few key recruits.

Transfer Portal has completely changed QB recruiting. If we love a top rated HS prospect, you go all out for them. If we miss, you take a lower guy with potential and go for a transfer when TVD leaves.
Regardless of the high school recruit, I think we're already in portal territory unless you're comfortable with someone on our roster or a true freshman starting after next year.

Y'all are so pathetic it's hysterical. It's the same people every time.

People forget a 5-7 Miami team with arguably the worst offense in P5 football nearly beat out Ohio St for Inniss. Yeah, the school you're currently deep-throating so ******* hard it's giving you a headache, nearly lost a 5-star WR to a team allergic to scoring points and a dead OC.

Why did we nearly beat them out? Because they're poor as ****. Or at least act like it.

Grow a pair. And if he changed his mind, stop acting like the sky is falling. That or go make the rest of us a sandwich while we strap in for what is always a long and tumultuous recruiting season. Do I need to bump half of the recruiting posts from last spring/summer for the intellectually-challenged to remember their mistakes? Seems like none of y'all learned your lesson, or enjoy misery.
Iirc didn't they give Ewers a mil to sign?

Advertisement
And yet they all bust in the NFL...
I agree yet these NFL teams continue to draft them in the first round so one of them will eventually work out.

I’m sure they spin as they will develop you into a first rounder and then the rest is on the kid and the team that drafts him; we did our part.

To be fair, SC cooled on Garcia as they liked Dart more is how I remember that one.
That’s not really how that happened. They’re QB depth chart was a mess behind Slovis so they wanted to take all 3 kids, even though they told Garcia they only planned to take 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back