2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon man.

I’m not killing Mario. I agree our roster is going to be loaded in a season or two. I have the patience and I am going to be rooting for success every step of the way.

However, I also feel our QB room will be worse in year 3 of Mario than it was at the end of Manny’s tenure.

So, while Mario is doing many great things already, he isn’t perfect and it should be ok to discuss those deficiencies. One of those, which was pointed out before he got here, is that his idea of acceptable QB play is Anthony Brown. Mine is not.

And before you point out the obvious, I am perfectly aware that my opinion or “timeline” don’t mean ****. So it’s a good thing I’m talking to you on a message board, and not someone that actually matters in real life.
How can you predict the QB room will be worse in year 3? We have literally 0 public commits for the 24’ class and portal will be an option. How about we wait and see what direction we go with before coming to any conclusions?

Advertisement
Don't let the latest exception be your rule.

Let's draft a QB in 6th round because that is where Tom Brady was drafted!

Lil Stetson yes won, but Miami isn't stacking number 1 classes on number 1 classes like UGA was/has/is.

Deshaun Watson
Trevor Lawrence
Tua
Joey Burrow
Mac Jones

Those were the QB's who won NC before Stetson.

All first round picks.

Bryce Young another 1st round QB would've won the 2021 NC had his WR's not gotten hurt as they literally played UGA a month earlier and annilates them when healthy.

You could make a strong argument another 1st round QB CJ Stroud would've won this past years NC as UGA needed their star WR to get hurt to be able to narrowly escape as that UGA defense has no answer for Stroud and Harrison Jr.

If Ohio State lands Noland and Jeremiah Smith that is difference making recruiting that would have them in playoff hunt vs. Miami.

Thank you. Any CIS narrative downplaying the importance of landing premier QB recruits in 2023 is rooted in full blown copium and blatant ignorance. No one will be taking that stance if we land Noland or a similarly heralded QB. They only will if we resort to taking two QB2’s in mid-3* territory after landing Emory last year.

If you can’t land the elites at QB & WR in this day and age, you’re likely in deep **** if you aspire to achieve anything worth a dam. And unless we start stringing together consecutive classes like UGA and Bama are pulling annually, the Stetson Bennett discussions don’t apply to our situation.

If we win the battle for Noland, it’ll be a massive get for many reasons. If we lose the battle for Noland, a contingent of the board will inevitably gas up the Hairston, Anderson, and Moga developmental QB2 types with the familiar pom-pom rhetoric: their recruitment is gonna blow up, they should be a 4*, the big boys are gonna start offering any minute, they look awesome at camps throwing against air, etc.

We need this win or to land a different elite QB prospect. It’d be massive for the program. Hopefully the staff & our NIL can pull it off.

Last edited:
Thank you. Any CIS narrative downplaying the importance of landing premier QB recruits in 2023 is rooted in full blown copium and blatant ignorance. No one will be taking that stance if we land Noland or a similarly heralded QB. They only will if we resort to taking two QB2’s in mid-3* territory after landing Emory last year.

Even a defense as loaded as UGA’s gave up 40+ in the playoff vs. OSU’s Stroud/Harrison/Egbuka last year and 40+ when facing Bama’s Young/Williams/Metchie when their receivers were healthy in the SEC title game two years ago. If you can’t land the elites at QB & WR in this day and age, you’re likely in deep **** if you aspire to achieve anything worth a dam. And unless we start stringing together consecutive classes like UGA and Bama are pulling annually, the Stetson Bennett discussions don’t apply to our situation.

If we win the battle for Noland, it’ll be a massive get for many reasons. If we lose the battle for Noland, a contingent of the board will inevitably gas up the Hairston, Anderson, and Moga developmental QB2 types with the familiar pom-pom rhetoric: their recruitment is gonna blow up, they should be a 4*, the big boys are gonna start offering any minute, they look awesome at camps throwing against air, etc.

We need this win or to land a different elite QB prospect. It’d be massive for the program. Hopefully the staff & our NIL can pull it off.
You speak the truth. I know that Mario and team are relentlessly doing everything they can to land Air or another premier QB. Just hoping it actually happens. 2 years without a top QB would be a problem.

Advertisement

If you can’t land the elites at QB & WR in this day and age, you’re likely in deep **** if you aspire to achieve anything worth a dam. And unless we start stringing together consecutive classes like UGA and Bama are pulling annually, the Stetson Bennett discussions don’t apply to our situation.

And keep in mind the current project J. Brown is still having accuracy inconsistencies

Jesus christ, if you are waiting for everything in life to be perfect, you are going to die miserable.

Sure, there are a couple of players I would have liked to have landed that we didn't get. And I want Air. But I am not going to lose my mind about the program and start pointing fingers when we lose a kid or two here or there, especially when we are successfully turning over the roster and adding talent in a way we haven't in decades. I remember the years where we signed ZERO QB's, or where we took a Kirby, Crow or a Matchoa, etc., or worse. We have two young prospects on the roster that have shown a lot of potential so far. Neither is a sure thing, but neither should be written off yet, the coaches like them at their current stages of development. Which leads me to...

It takes 2-3 years and 20 players to build a legit 2-deep in your trenches. You can solve the QB position in one day in the portal by creating a roster and offense that a transfer QB would find attractive. We need to show CFB that our offensive transformation is legit. Y'all have to be more patient and not lose your minds when everything doesn't seem the way it is on your Playstation.

Building a down program back up is a 12-round bout where you're the underdog. You're going to take a lot of punches along the way, but if you persevere and keep fighting, keep swinging, keep scoring points, you will win in the end. @k9cane ;)

Advertisement
I understand the OSU hype because their QBs have been showing out and getting drafted. However, the success generally stops there. Dawsons the one with a good NFL qb under his belt.

Just sayin

There's not many schools that do have success with QB's in the NFL. It's a short career for most QB's drafted, no matter what round or school. Very few make it to an entrenched starter position, so the higher you can get drafted, the more money you'll make.

Jesus christ, if you are waiting for everything in life to be perfect, you are going to die miserable.

Sure, there are a couple of players I would have liked to have landed that we didn't get. And I want Air. But I am not going to lose my mind about the program and start pointing fingers when we lose a kid or two here or there, especially when we are successfully turning over the roster and adding talent in a way we haven't in decades. I remember the years where we signed ZERO QB's, or where we took a Kirby, Crow or a Matchoa, etc., or worse. We have two young prospects on the roster that have shown a lot of potential so far. Neither is a sure thing, but neither should be written off yet, the coaches like them at their current stages of development. Which leads me to...

It takes 2-3 years and 20 players to build a legit 2-deep in your trenches. You can solve the QB position in one day in the portal by creating a roster and offense that a transfer QB would find attractive. We need to show CFB that our offensive transformation is legit. Y'all have to be more patient and not lose your minds when everything doesn't seem the way it is on your Playstation.

Building a down program back up is a 12-round bout where you're the underdog. You're going to take a lot of punches along the way, but if you persevere and keep fighting, keep swinging, keep scoring points, you will win in the end. @k9cane ;)
This is lazy imo. What top notch skill player has Mario landed in the portal? If you're putting eggs in the Mario can just get The Guy out the portal then you are delusional. He hasn't shown anything that should lead to confidence he'd sign yet alone pursue a portal stud. Especially when those guys enter with a destination in mind.

Advertisement
Perhaps he is going to OSU. Perhaps these are strategic comments after last visit to get bidders to raise their proposals.
This is the kid you break the bank for in this class. Need an elite QB in the class and I think Mario knows it to. I dont think we get outbid here but highest bud may not be enough if it’s true he really was waiting for the OSU offer.

There's not many schools that do have success with QB's in the NFL. It's a short career for most QB's drafted, no matter what round or school. Very few make it to an entrenched starter position, so the higher you can get drafted, the more money you'll make.

Yeah I get it. I said in another post that of course I wouldn’t blame any QB making that decision. But they’ve had a ton of all world looking college QBs go high and all bust. I only question the actual development and how much is the scheme. I think that’s reasonable given the 100% bust rate.

Advertisement
This is lazy imo. What top notch skill player has Mario landed in the portal? If you're putting eggs in the Mario can just get The Guy out the portal then you are delusional. He hasn't shown anything that should lead to confidence he'd sign yet alone pursue a portal stud. Especially when those guys enter with a destination in mind.

Read better, my dude. No one "put all their eggs in the portal basket."

1- Two young QB's who they like on the roster.
2- Attracting QB's by building the lines and showing a dynamic offense on the field - Mario just hired that type of OC.
3- Attacking the portal if need be. And yes you can recover at QB with one feel swoop in the portal, where its much harder at a bigger position group. Just look at, oh, most of CFB. Justin Fields, Joe Barrow, Quinn Ewers, Sam Hartman, Leary, like, every QB Lincoln Riley has ever had including his Heisman winners. Etc. Even Stetson Bennett. ****, back to Russell Wilson, Cam, we could go on. TONS of movement and quick fixes, at all the top schools, with top coaches, that you jock.

Three prong attack.

Last edited:
Look at last night’s Wrestlemania. Everyone expected Cody Rhodes to win. The dialogue was there, the Bloodline was losing and splintering but Roman Reigns is still your champ. Point is, you don’t know until you know. Everything can be trending one way but go the opposite route when it comes time. Let the kid have his moment, it’s not the end of the world if he goes somewhere else. You should rest better knowing that if it isn’t Miami he chooses, Mario will double down on his efforts to get the roster right.

Read better, my dude. No one "put all their eggs in the portal basket."

1- Two young QB's who they like on the roster.
2- Attracting QB's by building the lines and showing a dynamic offense on the field - Mario just hired that type of OC.
3- Attacking the portal if need be. And. can recover at QB with one feel swoop in the portal, where its much harder at a bigger position group. Just look at, oh, most of CFB. Justin Fields, Joe Barrow, Quinn Ewers, Sam Hartman, Leary, like, every QB Lincoln Riley has ever had including his Heisman winners. Etc. Even Stetson Bennett. ****, back to Russell Wilson, Cam, we could go on. TONS of movement and quick fixes, at all the top schools, with top coaches, that you jock.

Three prong attack.
I'd love to see a post of me jocking a coach at any institution. That would be news to me. Coaches felt great about QBs last spring too so that carries as much weight as your jock comment. The intent of your porst seemed to be that building the lines was more important and they could always fall back on a portal QB. The intent of my post as I clearly stated was that Mario has not shown the ability to pursue and land top notch skill players. No **** they exist in the portal, but who has Mario landed to have you feeling bullish? If we're going to read better show me where I wrote all eggs.

biggie smalls GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back