2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Whatever it is, we’ll get there how we do. It may be through building elite trenches first but as long as we move the offense in the direction it needs to go, I’m confident that the rest will ultimately fall into place.
Some people want to kill Mario because their timeline expectations of fixing this program is a bit unrealistic. The portal absolutely helps but you can’t turn a program around in one or two offseasons. Look, at MSU, they were exception but that only lasted one season. Majority of programs do not see that kind of success in one season. Miami is going to be loaded in a year or two. Loaded! Unfortunately, many do not want to be patient and have other agendas.

Some people want to kill Mario because their timeline expectations of fixing this program is a bit unrealistic. The portal absolutely helps but you can’t turn a program around in one or two offseasons. Look, at MSU, they were exception but that only lasted one season. Majority of programs do not see that kind of success in one season. Miami is going to be loaded in a year or two. Loaded! Unfortunately, many do not want to be patient and have other agendas.
I agree that it takes time to turn a program around but a couple of things 1) great coaches usually make their move year 2 at worst year 3 2) being ****ed off about 5-7 isn’t having unrealistic expectations.

Advertisement
I agree that it takes time to turn a program around but a couple of things 1) great coaches usually make their move year 2 at worst year 3 2) being ****ed off about 5-7 isn’t having unrealistic expectations.
Where did I say you shouldn’t be ****ed off about 5-7? Criticism of Mario’s decision’s last year are well deserved. We had zero business losing several games the way we did.

However, people do not want to accept Mario inherited ****. This wasn’t going to be a quick fix, especially with the hires he made last year. Mario is fixing things on depth chart and on staff.

Cmon man.

I’m not killing Mario. I agree our roster is going to be loaded in a season or two. I have the patience and I am going to be rooting for success every step of the way.

However, I also feel our QB room will be worse in year 3 of Mario than it was at the end of Manny’s tenure.

So, while Mario is doing many great things already, he isn’t perfect and it should be ok to discuss those deficiencies. One of those, which was pointed out before he got here, is that his idea of acceptable QB play is Anthony Brown. Mine is not.

And before you point out the obvious, I am perfectly aware that my opinion or “timeline” don’t mean ****. So it’s a good thing I’m talking to you on a message board, and not someone that actually matters in real life.

Where did I say you shouldn’t be ****ed off about 5-7? Criticism of Mario’s decision’s last year are well deserved. We had zero business losing several games the way we did.

However, people do not want to accept Mario inherited ****. This wasn’t going to be a quick fix, especially with the hires he made last year.
You didn’t say that, so my fault there, but I strongly believe that 5-7 is the root of all the complaining hence why I brought it up. I think most people realize it wasn’t going to be a quick turn around but last year was a step back. It was on par with Manny’s 2019 season and realistically worse.

I think most reasonable people can see that Mario can recruit and will build a championship roster here. They are just utterly petrified on what happened not only with the hires but specifically on Gameday. Mario looked lost a bunch of the time.

Reality is that Mario isn’t going anywhere so as fans we just have to sit back and see what he whips up the next 4+ years. That’s said, I believe that unrealistic expectations of a turnaround are being used as a smoke screen to hide the fact Miami had its worse season since the 90s probation era.

Advertisement
Did you listen to/read any excerpts about aTm's first spring media conference? It was cringeful. Reporters from friendly publications were giving Jimbo pretty easy questions about Bobby Petrino, questions that you would expect any organization to ask when there is a new OC and Jimbo was treating them with such contempt and acting like he was under investigation or something.

Spring is supposed to be the time for hope (something we know all too well around here) and it is hard to see how any aTm fan could listen to that and feel good.
Might be that ‘ol Jimbo sees Bobby breathing down his neck. That and the guy has an ego the size of the state of Texas. We beat A&M for Air Norland that could start the final slide for him.

Advertisement
Emory could end up being a steal. Who knows. However, it’s looking like two straight years of striking out on a true QB1. Don’t get your hopes up fellas. This kid is going to the suckeyes.

On the bright side we’ll be an attractive transfer destination since we’ll have a whole there and the offense should be QB friendly.

Advertisement
Hairston and Moga is who I think we get....
Air ain't comin here..imo

I wouldn't be mad with this at all. We need 2 QBs. I don't want another Rashada situation where one of the QB commits is flirting with other schools all season. Hairston appears to be on the verge of getting some attention real soon, and Moga, I'd take as a QB/ATH. That 10.59 speed Moga has shouldn't be overlooked.

Lock these two up and start looking for a portal QB to compete with Jacurri and Emory in 2024.

You didn’t say that, so my fault there, but I strongly believe that 5-7 is the root of all the complaining hence why I brought it up. I think most people realize it wasn’t going to be a quick turn around but last year was a step back. It was on par with Manny’s 2019 season and realistically worse.

I think most reasonable people can see that Mario can recruit and will build a championship roster here. They are just utterly petrified on what happened not only with the hires but specifically on Gameday. Mario looked lost a bunch of the time.
It's hard to say if he looked lost because once the games started, he fully realized the talent he inherited or he was dumbfounded at the scheme they were expected to execute. Probably a combination of both. I get that he may not be the best gameday coach, but he knows what a good team looks like.
Reality is that Mario isn’t going anywhere so as fans we just have to sit back and see what he whips up the next 4+ years. That’s said, I believe that unrealistic expectations of a turnaround are being used as a smoke screen to hide the fact Miami had its worse season since the 90s probation era.
... since the Carl Selmer years.

Throw in academics and early playing time as another bs narrative.

But imo we still have more than just a puncher’s chance.
Him saying positive things after visiting a good program is exactly what he’s supposed say.

LOL.That's another good one.

FTR: My posts have nothing to do with Air Noland's recruitment, more of a general comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back