2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people want to kill Mario because their timeline expectations of fixing this program is a bit unrealistic. The portal absolutely helps but you can’t turn a program around in one or two offseasons. Look, at MSU, they were exception but that only lasted one season. Majority of programs do not see that kind of success in one season. Miami is going to be loaded in a year or two. Loaded! Unfortunately, many do not want to be patient and have other agendas.
Facts when u have no roster it takes a longer while. And when Bama rose there was absolutely no one to stop them. With all the great recruiters at established programs now its harder period. It will take time we had no roster. If it were Manny I would of wanted him fired already cause of what he was bringing in. What u bring in is a sign of whats to come and he wasn't a known force on the trail. And that whole mirage of Miami winning off seasons was straight cap by the fans and media. Now we have a true elite recruiter let the man stack and be patient it will bare fruit, trust me it will happen. As long as the recruiting remains elite we will rise. If it doesnt I will be the first to say yo we have a problem. Im not loyal to coaches Im only loyal to facts

Advertisement
Not sure you’re aware or not but Emory had been looking pretty freaking good. You’re acting like we settled for a low tier prospect. You’re also acting like we lost Air already. Lol
Not to mention, Dawson has mentioned him several times.... but he's only doing so to try to get Emory's IG followers up

Might be that ‘ol Jimbo sees Bobby breathing down his neck. That and the guy has an ego the size of the state of Texas. We beat A&M for Air Norland that could start the final slide for him.
Oh it was absolutely that he was upset that he was forced to bring in Petrino, but one would think he would at least be a little bit better at hiding it during the first spring press conference. If he already can't hide it now, imagine how it is going to be during the season - if the offense sputters he is going to want to wrest it back and if it does well, I can see him having his ego hurt and that leading to turmoil. Doesn't inspire confidence if you are an aTm fan.

Not to mention, Dawson has mentioned him several times.... but he's only doing so to try to get Emory's IG followers up
Screenshot_20230402_131543_Samsung Internet.jpg

Victory lap premature or naw?

Advertisement
Well one school almost guarantees you’re in the top ten of the NFL draft and the other had one of the worst passing seasons in school history.

Why do yall act like saying no to Miami as an elite QB is a snub? If you weren’t a UM fan you’d think the kid was nuts to go here.

They would be screaming only because of NIL

No I get it. But it’s hard to say they’re actually developed well when they all are busts. The best QB Dawson ever coached is still cashing NFL checks. Nothing against a recruit signing because of their draft positions recently, I would just look a little deeper into that if it were my future.
If ur looking to go somewhere in college u look to a college that will get u drafted in round 1. It’s guaranteed 30 mill contracts. Second contracts do not concern kids

However, people do not want to accept Mario inherited ****.

I accept that Manny Diaz had a horrible offense his first year, then realized his offense sucked and switched to a spread offense, which resulted in a top 26 offense in consecutive years (including demolishing FSU) , and that Cristobal deliberately chose to go back to a dinosaur offense, which predictably was a massive failure (including getting his b-hole turned inside out by Norvell) , and is now switching back to the spread offense he should have pursued from the start. The talent level on the team isn't the main reason that UM just had its worst season in 20+ years and top QBs have zero interest.

To put this in context, even after Diaz's initial terrible season, top QBs still wanted to come to UM, including highly coveted QBs like Jake Garcia and D'Eriq King. You think Diaz was just better at being a salesman to QBs than Cristobal? Seems unlikely. So why is Cristobal struggling to bring in top QB talent even with the massive advantage of NIL? I think it has to do with QBs not believing that he's actually going to open up the throttle, even with Andre Dawson as OC. Maybe it's other coaches negative recruiting and saying Cristobal isn't really changing his stripes and that Dawson is going to be handcuffed. Unfair? Untrue? Maybe. But the narrative is sticking for a reason.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Took coach L 12 years to get back to the F4. If the investigation never happened the. Maybe it takes L like 8 years instead of 12

It’s gonna take Mario time. With how bad the culture and roster currently are, I’d expect a solid team by year 4/5. Unless Ruiz gets us into trouble.

Things might go a little faster if we can actually score points this season and not get drubbed by the likes of MTSU and Duke ..

Took coach L 12 years to get back to the F4. If the investigation never happened the. Maybe it takes L like 8 years instead of 12

It’s gonna take Mario time. With how bad the culture and roster currently are, I’d expect a solid team by year 4/5. Unless Ruiz gets us into trouble.

Things might go a little faster if we can actually score points this season and not get drubbed by the likes of MTSU and Duke ..
Here is the thing though, Manny won 6, 8, and 7 games his three years here. It should not be the task equal to climbing k2 to do better with the talent given, especially when we are paying the guy 8MM per. Mario is around for a while one way or another but we should be winning given we were in a weak division. The ACC isn’t a gauntlet. By year 4 or 5 we need to win the ACC and be competing for the playoff.

We are going into year two and with the annual counters suspended this cycle and last and the portal now being a thing, there has never been a better time to flip a roster and rebuild a program. Sure I don’t expect it next year but in 2024 the roster and culture will be completely overhauled. We should be a 10 win team in 2024 unless something is once again wrong and not up to par.

I hope I'm reading this wrong but it's starting to sound like this is turning into the same situation Mario had at Oregon that caused Anthony Brown to be his starter for 2 years.

It won’t be.

He’s made the switch to uptempo spread as the base of the offense.

Now he just needs a few seasons on the field showing production.

Last edited:
Advertisement

How bad the culture and roster USED TO
BE.

He’s flushed nearly every **** on that was on this team. You should go thru the 85-man roster again after spring is over and let us know what you see. Particularly on the 2-deep.

I accept that Manny Diaz had a horrible offense his first year, then realized his offense sucked and switched to a spread offense, which resulted in a top 26 offense in consecutive years (including demolishing FSU) , and that Cristobal deliberately chose to go back to a dinosaur offense, which predictably was a massive failure (including getting his b-hole turned inside out by Norvell) , and is now switching back to the spread offense he should have pursued from the start. The talent level on the team isn't the main reason that UM just had its worst season in 20+ years and top QBs have zero interest.

To put this in context, even after Diaz's initial terrible season, top QBs still wanted to come to UM, including highly coveted QBs like Jake Garcia and D'Eriq King. You think Diaz was just better at being a salesman to QBs than Cristobal? Seems unlikely. So why is Cristobal struggling to bring in top QB talent even with the massive advantage of NIL? I think it has to do with QBs not believing that he's actually going to open up the throttle, even with Andre Dawson as OC. Maybe it's other coaches negative recruiting and saying Cristobal isn't really changing his stripes and that Dawson is going to be handcuffed. Unfair? Untrue? Maybe. But the narrative is sticking for a reason.
Rashada didn’t sign with Miami due to NIL lies from Florida. That doesn’t happen (nothing to do with Mario) then you have 2 blue chip QB’s in 23’ class. Emory was in the Elite 11 and performed incredibly well. Mario didn’t think it was necessary to ho after another prospect QB and Emory is turning heads in spring, Mario convinced TVD not to transfer. Miss me with that narrative QB’s do not want to play for Mario, especially now with Dawson.

Could be a good thing for us? Seems like Taint was the offer he wanted and was waiting on. If he needs more time to think about it…
Yeah you can view it that way... or you can view it as he was ready to commit to another school and Taint asked him to hold off a bit... that's if he reschedules lol. we'll see soon enough.

Advertisement
You can coach your way into a 10 win season in a decent p5 program every now and then.

But Too many things have to go right and in your favor in order to win 10-11 games in that scenario.

Imo the only way to continue it is through recruiting.

We’ve created this narrative that a team has to string off multiple 10 win seasons in order to recruit at a top 5 level.
In other words “show them”.

I believe it’s actually the other way around and it’s the only way it’s actually been done with exception of us with Butch and Dabo when he landed Watson.

Hoping you can land an elite qb cause you strung off three 10 win seasons in a row?…..
That sheet is hard AF!!
With injuries, transfers, missed evals, suspensions etc… you have to have a deep squad and you have to recruit yourself into it.

Wether it’s Air or whoever comes he has to be elite.

Yeah you can view it that way... or you can view it as he was ready to commit to another school and Taint asked him to hold off a bit... that's if he reschedules lol. we'll see soon enough.
Either way the fears that he would automatically jump on the Taint offers is relieved. He would still be considering us.

I’m really hoping that our NIL makes a difference here. Need a QB1 bad.

This sucks because OSU slow played this kid and apparently that approach only hurts us lol. OSU had Dylan Raiola (#1 QB in 2024) committed until he randomly decommitted in Dec 2022. Then, they flipped their attention to Jadyn Davis (#4 QB in 2024) who just committed to Michigan a few days ago which lead them to Noland. Bad timing for us and will probably cost us this kid.
If you got waitlisted by Harvard and then they eventually offered you a full ride, are you going to be mad and not decline?

We need to produce in the draft so we can get to a place where highly ranked recruits will gladly wait for our official offer.

Frontrunners have that luxury.
Remember when Crowley was basically a done deal but they came calling? He visited and bounced within a week.

Christian Harris was also gonna be a cane. Visited Bama and committed a few days later.

Hopefully we have the staff now that has enough juice and is showing the changes that are happening and continue to happen in order for recruits to stop treating us like the side chick.

The playoff teams can slow play almost anyone they want and make a call. Even players that have been committed to teams for months have bounced to them.

Heck, they even steal their players from each other sometimes. Remember when Battle was committed to the suckeyes and dipped to Bama right before nsd?

And Skinner was committed to Bama.

And Wes was going to FSU (U down!).

And Bain was going to Auburn. Or Bama.

And Moss was going to USC.

And JoJo was committed to Clemson.

And Pong was committed to Michigan.

And Bryant was going to UF.

And Spencer was committed to Oklahoma.

And Fletcher was committed to Ohio State.

And Damari was going to Alabama or FSU.

And Horton was committed to UNC.

And Mauigoa was going to the SEC.

I remember all that too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back