2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol see how it works for the top teams. They don’t get the “you didn’t show me love early enough” treatment.

That's another one of my favorite lines these shysters concoct. The "community" perpetuates this double standard, dismissing OOS schools for slow playing a SF stud, while vilifying UM for the exact same thing. It's just more full of **** talk from the locals. It's alllll cap.

Advertisement
Well one school almost guarantees you’re in the top ten of the NFL draft and the other had one of the worst passing seasons in school history.

Why do yall act like saying no to Miami as an elite QB is a snub? If you weren’t a UM fan you’d think the kid was nuts to go here.
The 2022 season is the gift that keeps on giving.

Well one school almost guarantees you’re in the top ten of the NFL draft and the other had one of the worst passing seasons in school history.

Why do yall act like saying no to Miami as an elite QB is a snub? If you weren’t a UM fan you’d think the kid was nuts to go here.

There is bad and then historically bad. Buck stops with Cristobal for his horrible OC hire last season. Don't care that Gattis was coming off a good season at Michigan. Cristobal knew TVD had massive success in a spread offense, yet deliberately chose to take the O in the opposite direction. Glad Andre Dawson is the new OC, but basically means that last season didn't even serve the purpose of breaking in players to a new offensive system. Even if TVD has a good 2023, it's not going to suddenly convince QBs that UM should be a destination for elite QBs. That takes at least a couple years of sustained success and high draft picks. Looking at 2026-2027 HS QB recruits at that point.

So now Cristobal has 3 options. 1) Rely on the portal for a top QB, and massively overpay with NIL $ to overcome the perception 2) try to recruit an elite HS QB and break records with the NIL offer 3) pray he lucks into another 3 star wunderkind like Justin Herbert.

I don't like option 3.

There is bad and then historically bad. Buck stops with Cristobal for his horrible OC hire last season. Don't care that Gattis was coming off a good season at Michigan. Cristobal knew TVD had massive success in a spread offense, yet deliberately chose to take the O in the opposite direction. Glad Andre Dawson is the new OC, but basically means that last season didn't even serve the purpose of breaking in players to a new offensive system. Even if TVD has a good 2023, it's not going to suddenly convince QBs that UM should be a destination for elite QBs. That takes at least a couple years of sustained success and high draft picks. Looking at 2026-2027 HS QB recruits at that point.

So now Cristobal has 3 options. 1) Rely on the portal for a top QB, and massively overpay with NIL $ to overcome the perception 2) try to recruit an elite HS QB and break records with the NIL offer 3) pray he lucks into another 3 star wunderkind like Justin Herbert.

I don't like option 3.
Give me 2 with Air. Though I don’t know if we have to break records, just something similar to what we were offering Innis in comparison to Ohio State. Didn’t work out for Innis but he was already committed and Ohio St had been on him for years.

Advertisement
This sucks because OSU slow played this kid and apparently that approach only hurts us lol. OSU had Dylan Raiola (#1 QB in 2024) committed until he randomly decommitted in Dec 2022. Then, they flipped their attention to Jadyn Davis (#4 QB in 2024) who just committed to Michigan a few days ago which lead them to Noland. Bad timing for us and will probably cost us this kid.
I almost made this post verbatum. Seems Miami doesn't get the "loyalty" cushion that other programs have. If we offer player X in the summer but Clemson/ OSU/UGA/Bama offered in February we offered late or were "late to the party. In the case of Air Noland we have made it known that he is our dude. QB1 no questions asked. OSU can literally not offer, go through their Rolodex and then when they strike out be like

"Hey, you up"?

And all that work Miami put in, the "loyalty" aspect goes out the window.

The only prayer we have is NIL here.

I don't like option 3.
andre_dawson.png
... That's our new OC????? .....**** yea!!!!!!!...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I almost made this post verbatum. Seems Miami doesn't get the "loyalty" cushion that other programs have. If we offer player X in the summer but Clemson/ OSU/UGA/Bama offered in February we offered late or were "late to the party. In the case of Air Noland we have made it known that he is our dude. QB1 no questions asked. OSU can literally not offer, go through their Rolodex and then when they strike out be like

"Hey, you up"?

You notice the common denominator there though, right? All the schools you listed are top tier, and we haven’t been even decent. We have outright sucked for 20 years. Win and things will change.

Advertisement
A top QB recruit compliments & validates what's already going on down there, but one monkey don't stop the show.

I'd like to see AJ Hairston in this class one way or another, and there's always opportunities to upgrade in the portal or next recruiting cycle.

"Hey, you up"?

Exactly because we’ve sucked and those other programs are at the top. That’s how it works.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back