Predictions for NSD

Gators brought in Billy for that reason...it would be weird but it will be same ole same ole if we fall right by the finish line. Look for next year's class to indicate where this ship goes but if we get any signs early here we will probably know what happens then as well.
hard to expect a coach to do much in year 0. next year is the year to judge,

Advertisement
We are getting coach moe (in a back alley for leading Shemar astray)….

Wild West Fighting GIF by Buyout Footage

Advertisement
Cooper
McCoy
Edit: add Moten

And that’s ok, ‘23 class will be the best in Miami history

No matter how the commitments shake out on National Signing Day, the recruiting efforts of Miami Hurricanes head coach Mario Cristobal have been nothing but a success.

Yes, Miami enters NSD ranked No. 38 overall in the country in the 247Sports Team Recruiting Rankings, which is not acceptable, but at the same time it is worth remembering what UM’s 2022 class was looking like when Cristobal took over.

The Hurricanes owned the No. 69 overall class in the country, according to the 247Sports Recruiting Rankings in November and the class was sliding and not generating any momentum to finish strong during the Early Signing Period.

Then Miami hired Cristobal.

Since that time, in just about eight weeks on the job, Cristobal has landed three Top 100 players in DE Cyrus Moss, DE Nyjalik Kelly, and TE Jaleel Skinner. None of those three players were coming to Miami under the leadership of former coach Manny Diaz.

Stacking elite talent is the first key to success in major college football and in less than eight weeks, Cristobal landed three Top 100 level recruits. During the 247Sports era (dating back to the 2011 cycle) Miami has landed three Top 100 recruits in five classes: 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, and 2021. None of those classes were transition classes for a new head coach.

Even if Miami finished National Signing Day without a splashy finish that features five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart, the Hurricanes have a chance to finish with a Top 25 class.

Landing three-star prospects like DL Ahmad Moten, OL Matthew McCoy, and OL Anez Cooper would give the Hurricanes a strong shot at a Top 25 finish.

That class would feature 13 commitments and have a class average of a .9111 grade, which equates to a low four-star prospect.

Here is a look at the transition classes for the head coaches during the 247Sports era:

- Al Golden (2011): No. 33, .8444 grade
- Mark Richt (2016): No. 22, .8863 grade
- Manny Diaz (2019): No. 27, .8807 grade

If Cristobal can land targets like Stewart and four-star offensive lineman Dave Iuli, this would be the best transition recruiting class in modern history for the Hurricanes.

Transition recruiting classes are difficult for any head coach to piece together.

No matter what happens on National Signing Day, Mario Cristobal has provided a big boost to a 2022 class that was spiraling late in the fall and managed to add elite talent in a short amount of time.

Making the jump from a team ranking in the 60s to the 20s is nothing to overlook.

That type of jump from the Hurricanes is a sign of what is to come on the recruiting trail under Cristobal’s leadership with this upcoming 2023 cycle.

Advertisement
Better than 50-60
But lower than we had hoped for

But if you add in Ladson, Parrish and the Oregon OL that just transferred we did well so far on upgrading the roster and we aren’t done.

You can’t discount landing these transfers who will all be in the rotation at their positions.

Stewart is the big miss but Iuli was just a nice steal if it happened. We already got a lineman from Oregon that would be more ready to contribute day 1. Iuli would redshirt no doubt. You can cover up his Miss pretty easy by hitting the portal or just landing an elite 2023 guy anyways.

To me stewart is the only Miss I truly see that impacts this 2022 team.

No matter how the commitments shake out on National Signing Day, the recruiting efforts of Miami Hurricanes head coach Mario Cristobal have been nothing but a success.

Yes, Miami enters NSD ranked No. 38 overall in the country in the 247Sports Team Recruiting Rankings, which is not acceptable, but at the same time it is worth remembering what UM’s 2022 class was looking like when Cristobal took over.

The Hurricanes owned the No. 69 overall class in the country, according to the 247Sports Recruiting Rankings in November and the class was sliding and not generating any momentum to finish strong during the Early Signing Period.

Then Miami hired Cristobal.

Since that time, in just about eight weeks on the job, Cristobal has landed three Top 100 players in DE Cyrus Moss, DE Nyjalik Kelly, and TE Jaleel Skinner. None of those three players were coming to Miami under the leadership of former coach Manny Diaz.

Stacking elite talent is the first key to success in major college football and in less than eight weeks, Cristobal landed three Top 100 level recruits. During the 247Sports era (dating back to the 2011 cycle) Miami has landed three Top 100 recruits in five classes: 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, and 2021. None of those classes were transition classes for a new head coach.

Even if Miami finished National Signing Day without a splashy finish that features five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart, the Hurricanes have a chance to finish with a Top 25 class.

Landing three-star prospects like DL Ahmad Moten, OL Matthew McCoy, and OL Anez Cooper would give the Hurricanes a strong shot at a Top 25 finish.

That class would feature 13 commitments and have a class average of a .9111 grade, which equates to a low four-star prospect.

Here is a look at the transition classes for the head coaches during the 247Sports era:

- Al Golden (2011): No. 33, .8444 grade
- Mark Richt (2016): No. 22, .8863 grade
- Manny Diaz (2019): No. 27, .8807 grade

If Cristobal can land targets like Stewart and four-star offensive lineman Dave Iuli, this would be the best transition recruiting class in modern history for the Hurricanes.

Transition recruiting classes are difficult for any head coach to piece together.

No matter what happens on National Signing Day, Mario Cristobal has provided a big boost to a 2022 class that was spiraling late in the fall and managed to add elite talent in a short amount of time.

Making the jump from a team ranking in the 60s to the 20s is nothing to overlook.

That type of jump from the Hurricanes is a sign of what is to come on the recruiting trail under Cristobal’s leadership with this upcoming 2023 cycle.

This is better laid out than my post but basically the same thing.

Then you add in top talent like Parrish and Ladson with Stevenson returning, I’m not sure why people are crying in here.

We still have tons of room and the portal will be hot all the way up till the summer.

This is better laid out than my post but basically the same thing.

Then you add in top talent like Parrish and Ladson with Stevenson returning, I’m not sure why people are crying in here.

We still have tons of room and the portal will be hot all the way up till the summer.

You forgot Lichtenstein too.

The unfortunate timing of this is that this was most loaded DL class in South Florida, and we are going to get 1, and if you add Moten in 2.

Wish Mario was here sooner.

Advertisement
You forgot Lichtenstein too.

Yeah I didn’t know how to spell his name haha.

It’s like everyone has forgot everything Mario has done so far and are solely grading him on stewart and Iuli both long shots and then just taking forever on coaches.

Well he just got one of the best DC out there. People need to step off the ledge and look at it over the last 3 months and evaluate.

Still need and OC but so far he has done incredible things. ***** B-Mac and T-Rob the train will keep moving.

The unfortunate timing of this is that this was most loaded DL class in South Florida, and we are going to get 1, and if you add Moten in 2.

Wish Mario was here sooner.

This class was the sacrificial lamb. Mandy had it be fired, it got toxic, word is he stopped recruiting etc… just take this class as it is cause the ultimate goal was achieved and that was getting rid of Mandy.

Now if Mario starts striking out in 2023, then I can see why some get upset.

We are still going to lose battles in next class though. A&M, Texas and others have proven they will pay 50 million a year for classes, Deion is now offering every top kid. Georgia and Bama will still get their fair share of south Florida talent. It’s not a sprint. It takes a coastal championship to start getting this thing turned around

Iuli doesn’t make sense to me. Just too sharp of a turn so late in the wrong direction (allegedly); has to be Miami or we failed there.

Then I think McCoy, Cooper, Moten

Advertisement
2022 season success was never really going to be heavily impacted by this class since we were so far behind prior to Mario joining. Mario pulled off some magic with the major pickups in a short period of time. However, today definitely seems like it's going to be a letdown. It is what it is. Definitely means we need to absolutely nail the 2023 class. Top 5 stuff there.

The bigger focus for me now turns to the portal. Up to this point, I've seen depth pieces added but no true impact players a la Rambo and Jaelan. We've missed out on a number of true impact players which is a huge bummer. But there's time left and I imagine Mario is going to be super aggressive on the late transfer entries.

Still time to salvage the overall 2022 incoming class but we really need some bonafide studs in the portal.

hard to expect a coach to do much in year 0. next year is the year to judge,
With Mario I'm willing to wait which I get it's a rebuild for sure. This Stewart thing is huge and I already know there will be fans that will say it's not a big deal which will be hella cap.

Advertisement
Back