Predictions for NSD

My predictions:
  • Cooper 90% (everything is pointing to UM unless an SEC power like Auburn gets heavily involved late or drops a bag)
  • McCoy 90% (everything is pointing to UM unless an SEC power like UF gets heavily involved late or drops a bag)
  • Iuli 45% (feeling home sick and distance is a factor - only hope is he's obsessed with Mario and Mirabal)
  • Stewart 45% (we've seen this story before, usually this favors SEC country - only hope is home town and being another LT and James Williams)
  • Moten 45% (late buzz that we are the favorites but something has just always seemed off with his recruitment)
  • Citizen 25% (feels SEC bound)
  • Thomas 25% (likely sticking with ISU commitment)
My heart says we get 3 or 4 guys and my brain says we get 2. Please before you all freakout remember a month ago we didn't have Kelly, Moss or Skinner. If you criticize Mario for whiffing on a couple of the guys above you have to give him credit for landing the trio I just mentioned.
I agree with most of this. I think Smith may have been able to make the Citizen recruitment interesting. I’m also optimistic about Stewart. Either way something is gonna go wrong and this board is going to implode like a dying star.

Advertisement
Mario has done tremendous work in a short amount of time here, but all I know is I better not here a mfing thing out his mouth about how we don't even have a full staff yet and that may have affected recruitment.

Save that ****.
You won't.

Coop n McCoy...
most crootin vets can see the writing...
Most recruiting vets haven't experienced Cristobal.

Maybe we miss on everyone, but it's gravy at this point - nobody expected Skinner, Kelly and Moss. Only some expected Wes. We're playing with house money at this point - the recruiting class was DOA at the start of December, what Cristobal has done in 8 weeks is quite frankly remarkable.

Advertisement
Great post. Lets put it all out there on the record.

Cooper - Think he was waiting on Auburn to show up to the party all the way up until his OV to Miami. I actually think he would have canceled his OV if they had called. (like Pyburn did). But now I think that ship has sailed. (Prediction: UM)

McCoy - Dont know much about this kid other than it looks like we are his best offer? So in that case. (Prediction: UM)

LuLi (spelling?) - I absolutely believe he is torn. I absolutely believe he wasnt expecting to be torn. I absolutely do not think he was trolling us this whole time post visit. I absolutely believe it hit his mom like a bag of bricks when she realized her baby boy would be 3000 miles away. And I absolutely believe she is giving him the guilt trip. (no shade). I dont think he wants to be at Oregon. I think in a last minute surprise..his father tells him that men make men decisions and its time to be a man and make his own decisions in life. And he choses Mario and Mirabel. (Prediction: UM)

Moten - Not buying the late buzz hype. Think he sticks with OU. Even though we did I think give him something to think about. (Prediction: OU)

Thomas - Same writeup as Moten. Gave him something to think about. But I think in the end is ISU. And after next season hes in the transfer portal. South Florida kids dont last up in Iowa. I remember in the 1999-2000 all those kids from Broward (Plantation, South Plantation and Boyd Anderson) who went to Iowa, it was like 6 of them, and none of them finished from what I remember. Most left or got kicked out after 2 seasons or so. He will make sure his sisters scholie is good and transfer back home for 2023. See you soon Mason!

Stewart - Lets make sure we all are in agreeance that Shemar wants to be here in his heart of hearts. The guy was on campus like 3-4 times last offseason and he didnt have to be. Then Manny Diaz happened and it was back to square one. Then Mario happened and we are back in it. This kid has been moving mountains to try and give us every chance to get him back in the fold. Even gave us the last OV. Even canceled a planed UOV to TAMU too a few weeks ago I believe. For those of you that claim to have seem this before..this isnt anything like a Dalvin Cook situation where his own grandma openly said she was tired of seeing us at her house and wanted us to go away. There was no love from his camp ever. I say all that to say..Shemar goes to sleep at 50-50 and wakes up realizing UM is where he needs to be. Hes going with his heart and his gut feeling. Sorry Jimbo. Sorry Kirby. Maybe next time. Prediction? UM! (in the words of Lee Corso? BRING ME MY HEAD GEAR!!!!!!) LOL.

Coop n McCoy...
most crootin vets can see the writing...
Yep.

And Mario will own this bad signing day if it comes to fruition.

We were down 6 position coaches. 2 coordinators.
We were being negatively recruited by other schools due to our lack of coordinators.
We are starting to catch negative press.
Kids who visit this board witness tons of groveling and a lack of enthusiasm.

Mario simply didn't give a ****. He said I can do it myself, but turns out he couldn't. He said ***** the optics, **** momentum. He could've dribbled good news up until signing day. But nah. No staff. No croots.

Sigh.

Great post. Lets put it all out there on the record.

Cooper - Think he was waiting on Auburn to show up to the party all the way up until his OV to Miami. I actually think he would have canceled his OV if they had called. (like Pyburn did). But now I think that ship has sailed. (Prediction: UM)

McCoy - Dont know much about this kid other than it looks like we are his best offer? So in that case. (Prediction: UM)

LuLi (spelling?) - I absolutely believe he is torn. I absolutely believe he wasnt expecting to be torn. I absolutely do not think he was trolling us this whole time post visit. I absolutely believe it hit his mom like a bag of bricks when she realized her baby boy would be 3000 miles away. And I absolutely believe she is giving him the guilt trip. (no shade). I dont think he wants to be at Oregon. I think in a last minute surprise..his father tells him that men make men decisions and its time to be a man and make his own decisions in life. And he choses Mario and Mirabel. (Prediction: UM)

Moten - Not buying the late buzz hype. Think he sticks with OU. Even though we did I think give him something to think about. (Prediction: OU)

Thomas - Same writeup as Moten. Gave him something to think about. But I think in the end is ISU. And after next season hes in the transfer portal. South Florida kids dont last up in Iowa. I remember in the 1999-2000 all those kids from Broward (Plantation, South Plantation and Boyd Anderson) who went to Iowa, it was like 6 of them, and none of them finished from what I remember. Most left or got kicked out after 2 seasons or so. He will make sure his sisters scholie is good and transfer back home for 2023. See you soon Mason!

Stewart - Lets make sure we all are in agreeance that Shemar wants to be here in his heart of hearts. The guy was on campus like 3-4 times last offseason and he didnt have to be. Then Manny Diaz happened and it was back to square one. Then Mario happened and we are back in it. This kid has been moving mountains to try and give us every chance to get him back in the fold. Even gave us the last OV. Even canceled a planed UOV to TAMU too a few weeks ago I believe. For those of you that claim to have seem this before..this isnt anything like a Dalvin Cook situation where his own grandma openly said she was tired of seeing us at her house and wanted us to go away. There was no love from his camp ever. I say all that to say..Shemar goes to sleep at 50-50 and wakes up realizing UM is where he needs to be. Hes going with his heart and his gut feeling. Sorry Jimbo. Sorry Kirby. Maybe next time. Prediction? UM! (in the words of Lee Corso? BRING ME MY HEAD GEAR!!!!!!) LOL.
I hope your right my friend. Cooper Iuli and Shemar are serious trench monsters.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My predictions:
  • Cooper 90% (everything is pointing to UM unless an SEC power like Auburn gets heavily involved late or drops a bag)
  • McCoy 90% (everything is pointing to UM unless an SEC power like UF gets heavily involved late or drops a bag)
  • Iuli 45% (feeling home sick and distance is a factor - only hope is he's obsessed with Mario and Mirabal)
  • Stewart 45% (we've seen this story before, usually this favors SEC country - only hope is home town and being another LT and James Williams)
  • Moten 45% (late buzz that we are the favorites but something has just always seemed off with his recruitment)
  • Citizen 25% (feels SEC bound)
  • Thomas 25% (likely sticking with ISU commitment)
My heart says we get 3 or 4 guys and my brain says we get 2. Please before you all freakout remember a month ago we didn't have Kelly, Moss or Skinner. If you criticize Mario for whiffing on a couple of the guys above you have to give him credit for landing the trio I just mentioned.

Anytime you say the word "UNLESS" in the late stages of recruiting.....ya tu sabes.

I feel ill. We hire the “world-class recruiter “ and yet the gators look likely to land a class 20 spots better with G5 Billy in his transition class.……something is wrong. I don’t know what but our “No coaches” staff is getting whipped by the Sunbelt staff In hogtown.

Most recruiting vets haven't experienced Cristobal.

Maybe we miss on everyone, but it's gravy at this point - nobody expected Skinner, Kelly and Moss. Only some expected Wes. We're playing with house money at this point - the recruiting class was DOA at the start of December, what Cristobal has done in 8 weeks is quite frankly remarkable.
Then what do you call what G5 Billy has done in hogtown?

Advertisement
Didn’t Mario say he expected to sign 16-20 kids this class? If so, he’s expecting 6-10 more kids to sign. We might be in for some more surprises.

Too many years seeing the same story over and over.

Cooper and McCoy to UM. Everyone else somewhere else. Doesn’t matter to be honest.

Advertisement
Back