Predict Rosier's stats

Maliek Rosier, I hope you are reading this thread !

let the haters be your motivators

Why does predicting how he'll do mean someone is hating?

The homers predicting 35 TDs should receive the same amount of grief as those who don't think he'll be that impressive.

Advertisement
For comparisons sake, Craig Erickson threw 16 TD and 13 INT in 89 when Miami won the title.

Bernie Kosar: 15 TD, 13 INT in 1983

Steve Walsh: 19 TD, 7 INT in 1987

Last edited:
14-0 only stat that matters
impossible to go 14-0. Undefeated regular season is 12-0. Win acc championship and in playoffs win semis and finals results in 15-0. I am not predicting Malik performance, but 9-3 seems to be what experts think our record will be.

Advertisement
For comparisons sake, Craig Erickson threw 16 TD and 13 INT in 89 when Miami won the title.

The game has changed dramatically since those days. Now you can't hit the QB or WRs.

Richt will let him play. His deep ball & running skills will produce with the emerging WR corps spreading the field, but expect a few picks against the better defenses.

2850 yds/25 TD/13 INT passing
250 yds/5 TD rushing

Advertisement
Could care less what his numbers are, Brad always had great stats but it never told the whole story. The kid couldn't convert third downs early in the game. Im excited to have a guy who can pick up those shorter to mid distance third downs with his feet if things fall apart and the coverage is good. Keeps the defense off the field and tires the opponents quicker. I just remember so many 3 and outs with Brad as qb he was a great qb when the pocket was super clean but he was a standing statue when someone would push through. It will be such a relief when defenses have to watch out for our qb run and cant just pin their ears back and push our sh** in.

Advertisement
3,250 total passing yards
63% completion
24 TDs/11 INTs
240 rushing yards
3 rushing TDs

I'd take this in a heart beat, if Rosier gives up this type of play( and assuming Walton has a nice year as expected) this years team can do some big things in 2016

The game has changed dramatically since those days. Now you can't hit the QB or WRs.

Not to mention, we don't have the 89 Defense on this squad.

Erickson in 89, especially against Cal, was horrid. He made some of the worst throws/INT I have seen from a good Miami QB. That change in system took awhile with him....

24 passing tds
10 ints
3100 passing yards
8 rushing tds
450 rushing yards

Advertisement
In a weird way I am hoping he does not get that many yards due to our running game, Defense and Special teams being so dominant.
It would be nice if he does not have to put the team on his shoulders.

I also hope he is working with short fields most of the time he is out there. Field position will be a key to our success.

2800 yds
19 TDs passing
4 TDs rushing
7 INTs

I'm gonna go with something like 200 yards rushing due to sack yards coming off the rushing total.

Still I'm gonna guess he winds up with over 3000 all-purpose yards.

Ditto. I'm hoping he can keep the turnovers to a minimum, willingly take the easy check down throws, and go Dak Prescott on the competition. I think we'll run it 40 times a game between Walton, Homer, and Rosier, which only leaves an opportunity for 25 to 30 passes.

You don't recruit guys like Ahmmond Richards, Harley, Thomas, etc and have a stacked WR corp with Cager, Berrios, Harris, and a TE like Herndon and then play Marty Schottenheimer football.

We've opened it up and played aggressive in practice and in the scrimmages against one of the most stout defenses in football, and you guys think we're going to co conservative against Duke's, Syracuse's, and Toledos of the world? Rosier is an aggressive QB and I think Richt is going to allow this guy and our offense to play.

Totally agree with you that we've got the receivers necessary to light it up. Also, to be clear, I anticipate those numbers over the 12 game regular season, not postseason. He's definitely going to throw the ball.

That being said, Richt has plainly stated that he's aired it out so much in scrimmages because he knows the offense can win by just running Walton over and over again. Wanted to see what the QBs could do. Not much of a competition if they hand the ball off 60% of the time. Last year, we had a nearly perfect 50/50 run/pass split on the season. I expect that number to skew more heavily towards the run with Rosier replacing Kayaa. In discussing Rosier's strengths and weaknesses, coaches mentioned repeatedly over spring and summer that they wanted Rosier to take fewer chances and operate within the system, which had him running behind Shirreffs. Only in the last two weeks has he taken the job back, and I'd be willing to bet it was because he started taking less chances downfield, and not because Richt suddenly decided to shift his thinking on the quarterback position.

We've spent the last year talking about how Richt ideally wants to run more efficient RPO concepts, and how a more mobile quarterback makes that work. Purely in that regard, how do we not assume that Rosier will lose some pass attempts to himself as a runner? 40 rushes a game may be a little high, given that we ran 32 times a game last year, but I feel VERY confident in predicting a more run heavy offense than previous based on the perceived strengths of the QB. Add 5 Malik runs, subtract 5 Malik passes, we get 37 runs and 27 passes per game. 12 games of 27 pass attempts each at a very strong 8.64 y/p/a nets 2800 yards.

Ultimately, I trust Walton/Homer more than I trust Rosier, I'm willing to bet Richt does too, and nothing goes better with a dominant D than a stout run game. I will really enjoy being wrong though if our offense turns out to be a Clemson clone that can generate 7,500 yards of total offense in a Championship season.

Advertisement
Back