Predict Rosier's stats

Advertisement
Some of these projected stats look like most people dont expect us to win 10 games. Or you think Mark Walton goes off for 1700+ rushing yards or something. If he passes for less then 3000 yards (250 YPG) then we had a VERY long season because we will struggle to win 9 games.... Either that or Walton went ape$hit. Or our defense turned into the 2000 Ravens on us. Only other way we got to 10 wins passing less then 250 YPG with 3-4 cupcakes on the schedule. And a slew of other mediocre ACC teams we will be facing this year.

I expect other QBs will see significant minutes in some of these games, thereby reducing some of Malik's numbers

Some of these projected stats look like most people dont expect us to win 10 games. Or you think Mark Walton goes off for 1700+ rushing yards or something. If he passes for less then 3000 yards (250 YPG) then we had a VERY long season because we will struggle to win 9 games.... Either that or Walton went ape$hit. Or our defense turned into the 2000 Ravens on us. Only other way we got to 10 wins passing less then 250 YPG with 3-4 cupcakes on the schedule. And a slew of other mediocre ACC teams we will be facing this year.

I fully expect Walton to go crazy with 1500+ yards.

3680 yards passing, 32 TD's, 9 INTs
475 yards rushing and 3 TD's
62% completion

Will make one of the All ACC teams (1st, 2nd, 3rd or Honorable mention)

I think he is going to have a big year

Last edited:
Advertisement
59.5% completion
3,125 passing yards
21 TD
9 picks
360 rushing yards
4 running TD's

2800 yds
19 TDs passing
4 TDs rushing
7 INTs

I'm gonna go with something like 200 yards rushing due to sack yards coming off the rushing total.

Still I'm gonna guess he winds up with over 3000 all-purpose yards.

Ditto. I'm hoping he can keep the turnovers to a minimum, willingly take the easy check down throws, and go Dak Prescott on the competition. I think we'll run it 40 times a game between Walton, Homer, and Rosier, which only leaves an opportunity for 25 to 30 passes.

Advertisement
2800 yds
19 TDs passing
4 TDs rushing
7 INTs

I'm gonna go with something like 200 yards rushing due to sack yards coming off the rushing total.

Still I'm gonna guess he winds up with over 3000 all-purpose yards.

Ditto. I'm hoping he can keep the turnovers to a minimum, willingly take the easy check down throws, and go Dak Prescott on the competition. I think we'll run it 40 times a game between Walton, Homer, and Rosier, which only leaves an opportunity for 25 to 30 passes.

You don't recruit guys like Ahmmond Richards, Harley, Thomas, etc and have a stacked WR corp with Cager, Berrios, Harris, and a TE like Herndon and then play Marty Schottenheimer football.

We've opened it up and played aggressive in practice and in the scrimmages against one of the most stout defenses in football, and you guys think we're going to co conservative against Duke's, Syracuse's, and Toledos of the world? Rosier is an aggressive QB and I think Richt is going to allow this guy and our offense to play.

Assuming Malik starts all 12 regular season games, what type of stat line do you think he'll put up?

I'm thinking like 2250 yards, 58% completion, 18/13 td/int, 750 yards rushing 7 TDs.

He wouldn't have the chance to put up those horrific numbers. He'd get benched before he did that.

Dude hangs 70% completion percentage on the best D he'll face all year (ours), and you underachievers have him putting up **** numbers like this against the likes of BCC, Ark State, et. al.?

Exactly the same thought I had. There's virtually no chance to get to 18/13 unless no other quarterback is available. In the opening games Rosier should net a positive touchdown/interception ratio that places the early predictions in this thread out of reach on the low end.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Assuming Malik starts all 12 regular season games, what type of stat line do you think he'll put up?

I'm thinking like 2250 yards, 58% completion, 18/13 td/int, 750 yards rushing 7 TDs.

Rosier was 20/29 for 272 yards with 2 TDs and 1 Int vs Duke in 2015. You're forecasting him to regress pretty significantly despite better coaching, better RB and better OL. I think that's pessimistic. Even in the worst case scenarios where he is swallowed up by FSU and Va Tech (jusr as Kaaya was by the way), the rest of the defenses he faces won't be dramatically better than that Duke team. So it's hard for me to see him with less than 3k yards. ...

You know, a dump pass to a Berrios, Thomas or Walton could go for 50 yards and a score. He doesn't need to throw bombs like Brett Farve to have good stats. Look at that UNC QB the Bears just drafted.

3,250 yards passing
63% completion percentage
25-13 TD-INT
425 yards rushing
6 TDs

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back