pre-spring ball 2 deep

I thought Bond was going to be a weakside defensive end, spelling McCord.

Advertisement
They have been listing him as a SOLB. But I think in Nickel/Dime those two will be rushing.

I can see

Bond
Chick/Pierre
Porter/Robinson
McCord

With Perryman and EJ/Kirby at ILB

Im not going to get caught up in who's listed first by the staff, because they often use spring depth charts to motivate guys. But this is my two-deep in terms of playing time, excluding guys who come in the fall, suspended guys and injured guys. Come fall, i expect muhammad, grace, edwards, coley, carter, burns and maybe bond to see real pt. johnson will if he's here. And lewis when he's healthy.

QB: Morris, Williams
RB: Duke, Crawford
FB: Hagans, Dillard (Edwards)
WR: Dorsett, Waters (Lewis)
WR: Hurns, Scott (Coley)
TE: Sandland, Walford
RT: Henderson, Bunch
RG: Linder, Isidora
C: McDermott, Wheeler
LG: Feliciano, Isidora
LT: Flowers, Bunch

DE: Chickillo, Hamilton
DT: Porter, Moore/Ivery
DT: Pierre, Robinson
DE: Green, McCord (Muhammad)
OLB: Perryman, Terry (Bond)
MLB: Gaines, Blue
OLB: Kirby, Armbrister (Grace)
CB: Gunter, Crawford
CB: Howard, Dortch
S: Bush, Rodgers (Burns)
S: Jenkins, Highsmith (Carter)

I like seeing Herb there. Kid will push for a starting spot.

Also, DP at WILL and Kirby at SAM?

It's a spring two deep, and wth ej suspended, can see gaines getting the mlb nod. Kirby might slide in also but think he can cover more ground than gaines. Dont see terry or armbrister starting anead of that group. Grace isnt here yet.

Sandland is the missing link. I really believe that. He's going to make life easier for the other 10 guys on the field. He will have to be accounted for. Can't even say how lucky we are that he's a January arrival.

Nothing against Williams but if he is still Morris backup after Spring practice Dewy and Crow should just transfer now. You could tell by the play calls the staff had absolutely no confidence in him last year when Morris got hurt.

Advertisement
Nothing against Williams but if he is still Morris backup after Spring practice Dewy and Crow should just transfer now. You could tell by the play calls the staff had absolutely no confidence in him last year when Morris got hurt.

Dewey and Crow should worry about improving. They're freshmen. They're not supposed to be ahead of fourth year kid on the roster at this point.

At LB the only givens for spring are Gaines in the middle and Perryman on the weak side. Interesting to see where they have Kirby.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back