Advertisement
2013 MIAMI HURRICANES SPRING FOOTBALL DATES*
*All non-scrimmage times subject to change

Saturday, March 2 – Practice 1 (9 a.m.)
Sunday, March 3 – Practice 2 (9 a.m.)
Tuesday, March 5 – Practice 3 (9 a.m.)
Thursday, March 7 – Practice 4 (9 a.m.)
Tuesday, March 19 – Practice 5 (9 a.m.)
Thursday, March 21 – Practice 6 (9 a.m.)
Saturday, March 23 – Scrimmage 1 (10 a.m.), Traz Powell
Tuesday, March 26 – Practice 8 (9 a.m.)
Thursday, March 28 – Practice 9 (9 a.m.)
Tuesday, April 2 – Practice (9 a.m.)
Thursday, April 4 – Practice 11 (9 a.m.)
Friday, April 5 – Scrimmage 2 (7 p.m.), Naples, Fla.
Tuesday, April 9 – Practice 13 (9 a.m.)
Thursday, April 11 – Practice 14 (9 a.m.)
Saturday, April 13 – Scrimmage 3/Spring Game (3 p.m.), Sun Life Stadium

Last edited:
people have just forgotten about Dallas Crawford, that might light a fire under him.

Advertisement
Was at the barborshop tonight to get a cut before I hit the Miami scene and low and behold I see Erick Flowers in the shop. Didn't stalk him by asking any questions but the one thing I noticed was how LEAN this cat was. OMG! Buddy is really athletic looking and "Pat Riley" type lean! (BTW, I know he is 300+ but thats how impressive he looked) My point is that Swasey is doing his job AND earning his check because buddy looked REALLY physically fit and lean. If you didnt know who he was by facial recognition u wouldnt think he was a OT at a major college program. Bunche is in trouble because he looked like a really impressive athlete at his recorded 6'6' 310 weight. Just wanted to pass that along..Im starting to foresee a Seantrel and Ereck Flowers combo at Tackle.

BTW, I overhead him telling his barbor that they were going back to work on Tuesday. So I guess thats when we get this party started on the Greentree for UTough...

Holy ****! We can finally predict a true two deep? ****! Golden is making progress after all.

Advertisement
Im not going to get caught up in who's listed first by the staff, because they often use spring depth charts to motivate guys. But this is my two-deep in terms of playing time, excluding guys who come in the fall, suspended guys and injured guys. Come fall, i expect muhammad, grace, edwards, coley, carter, burns and maybe bond to see real pt. johnson will if he's here. And lewis when he's healthy.

QB: Morris, Williams
RB: Duke, Crawford
FB: Hagans, Dillard (Edwards)
WR: Dorsett, Waters (Lewis)
WR: Hurns, Scott (Coley)
TE: Sandland, Walford
RT: Henderson, Bunch
RG: Linder, Isidora
C: McDermott, Wheeler
LG: Feliciano, Isidora
LT: Flowers, Bunch

DE: Chickillo, Hamilton
DT: Porter, Moore/Ivery
DT: Pierre, Robinson
DE: Green, McCord (Muhammad)
OLB: Perryman, Terry (Bond)
MLB: Gaines, Blue
OLB: Kirby, Armbrister (Grace)
CB: Gunter, Crawford
CB: Howard, Dortch
S: Bush, Rodgers (Burns)
S: Jenkins, Highsmith (Carter)

TE: Sandland, Cleveland, Walford, Dobard.

If we're not playing favorites, I think Sandland overtakes Walford as our "Pass catching TE", also consider the fact that Walford is horrible at blocking in the trenches. I think we can get through the season without Dobard burning a shirt, but as far as the spring he's on the field with Walford in 2 TE situations.

WLB: Kirby/Armbrister, Cornileus
MLB: Perryman, Gaines/Blue
SLB: D. Bond, Figuerora, Terry

Gotta consider the reports of Eddie Johnson being suspended. Bond appears very physical, and has the size and speed to step in and mix it up; only question is how he looks against the pass. Kirby came on late, but is still young, and Ambrister is still in the midst of transitioning as a LB. I'd like to face those two guys off at the same position, to make them both better. Figuerora, another JUCo guy, looks good, but not as ferocious as Bond IMO. Cornelius just hasn't progrssed like Ambrister, and will be on S/T when Johnson gets back.

Note: I can also see Figs battling Ambrister, and Kirby behind Perryman in the middle, but he's too good to keep off the field, and not utilize him for some healthy competetion; to make other guys better. Also give Gaines a chance to fine tune his instincts...he is getting better (that freshman year was horrible).

Perryman was less productive in the middle last season. Once he moved back outside he was able to make more plays. Right now I would think Gaines has a shot to regain the spot in the middle and Perryman will stay outside.

Advertisement
Smh at those that have Kirby outside n Perryman n the middle. U r exposing ur selves. Perryman is an OLB

Im not going to get caught up in who's listed first by the staff, because they often use spring depth charts to motivate guys. But this is my two-deep in terms of playing time, excluding guys who come in the fall, suspended guys and injured guys. Come fall, i expect muhammad, grace, edwards, coley, carter, burns and maybe bond to see real pt. johnson will if he's here. And lewis when he's healthy.

QB: Morris, Williams
RB: Duke, Crawford
FB: Hagans, Dillard (Edwards)
WR: Dorsett, Waters (Lewis)
WR: Hurns, Scott (Coley)
TE: Sandland, Walford
RT: Henderson, Bunch
RG: Linder, Isidora
C: McDermott, Wheeler
LG: Feliciano, Isidora
LT: Flowers, Bunch

DE: Chickillo, Hamilton
DT: Porter, Moore/Ivery
DT: Pierre, Robinson
DE: Green, McCord (Muhammad)
OLB: Perryman, Terry (Bond)
MLB: Gaines, Blue
OLB: Kirby, Armbrister (Grace)
CB: Gunter, Crawford
CB: Howard, Dortch
S: Bush, Rodgers (Burns)
S: Jenkins, Highsmith (Carter)

I like seeing Herb there. Kid will push for a starting spot.

Also, DP at WILL and Kirby at SAM?

Advertisement
Morris, Williams, Dewey
Duke, Crawford, Dillard/Edwards
Hagens/Edwards
Dorsett, Hurns, Lewis, Scott, Waters, Lockhart, Coley all get burn.
Sandland, Walford
L to R Henderson (Bunche), Feliciano (Isadora), McDermott (Wheeler), Linder (????), Flowers(???)

Chickillo, Hoilett
Porter, Ivery
Pierre, Robinson
McCord, Green

Perryman, Cornelius
Kirby, Blue
Gaines, Grace

Rush/Heat Seeking Missiles: Bond, Terry

Howard, Dortch
Gunter, Crawford

All DBs will get burn

Bush, Rodgers
Jenkins, Highsmith

Carter might be a starter by the end of the year.

Like to see anybody but Williams at the 2 deep at QB. Rb will be Duke and the frosh we got imo, DB I thing we will go with Bush, Jenkins, Howard, Burns, and Carter. Hamilton could move to DT IMO.

I thought one of the reason jelani came here was he was promised DE because he likes it better than DT?

Morris/Williams
Duke/Crawford
Hagens/Dillard/Edwards

Dorset/Hurns/Jones
Scott/Waters/Carter. Lewis/Lockhart inj
Sandland/Walford/Dobard

Flowers/Bunche
Feliciano/Isadora
McDermott/Wheeler
Linder/Wells
Henderson/Gadbois

Chickillo/Hamilton/Dye