PractiSe Day #2

Body builders on competition day would love to be at 4%. But it’s not sustainable over a period of time and most of us will not be at 4% body fat for even one moment of our lives.

Yet another thread ruined by WrongSaidFred obsessing about some random factoid on which he (incorrectly) thinks he is an expert.

Advertisement
So check this out, I'm close with someone who's very close to the program, always around the players, and well respected by everyone as a former player and an nfl great. Now, I wish I could say his name, but I don't want to put him out there like that. Not sure most would care though. But I just had a conversation with him and he said, and I quote... "I like King, but I think Van Dyke is ahead of King as a QB. You can just see it. Miami will win games with King, but they need a Van Dyke to win a championship. Maybe not this year, but he's solid. He just needs that game or two to really expose how good he can be." Again...not my words, but I found it very interesting coming from him.

"very close to the program, always around the players, and well respected by everyone as a former player and an nfl great" Ed Reed? Vilma?

"I like King, but I think Van Dyke is ahead of King as a QB. You can just see it. Miami will win games with King, but they need a Van Dyke to win a championship. Maybe not this year, but he's solid. He just needs that game or two to really expose how good he can be."

How many *** pictures did you have to sift through to find just the right one? That's living rent free.

You’re kidding me, right?

I bet he’s an icon to those of your persuasion, so those pics aren’t hard to find - all you have to do is Google “Right Said Fred” and a bunch of ghey looking pics pop up. But you already knew that, since you have a collection for your spank bank.

But hey, more power to you. I’m not a hater, I’ve learned to be more accepting to you people. 🌈

Last edited:
The amount of TVD slurping on here is getting pretty disgusting. TVD is not the answer at QB and you slurpers will find it out shortly. It's either King or Garcia going forward with Matocha right behind.

Advertisement
Elite boxers and sprinters and wrestlers get into the 6% range. Getting below 5% is rare, probably dangerous and for someone who is an athlete, mostly genetics. My guess is it’s just wrong as a #. Could be 6-8% though. If I recall from my cut weight wrestling days, 7% was the elite goal.
Back in my day, we didn’t have the technology to accurately measure body fat content. Coach would come by and if he could pinch an inch on the side of your waist he’d say ok fat boy, give me 50 push ups and 10 100’s.

I remember hearing Edgerrin James came back to campus in 98 and had 3% body fat.

Advertisement
The amount of TVD slurping on here is getting pretty disgusting. TVD is not the answer at QB and you slurpers will find it out shortly. It's either King or Garcia going forward with Matocha right behind.
You’re wrong lol
1) King
2) TVD
3) Payton (I love his game, but he’s not elite) “according to the players” who see him in practice every day.
4) Garcia lol no one knows what he is yet 😂

Last edited:
So after two days of practice we know what exactly? Seems like information is more and more scarce every offseason.

You guys are losing your sh*t over Jahfari’s body fat % lmao...

You realize he’s just repeating what Feeley told him right? You guys understand that strength coaches in Football psyche their players out to get them to achieve certain benchmarks in the weight room right?
You do know that a simple home scales can now give you those numbers on an app right? Its not the 90s, when S&C could spit out any BS and players had to believe it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You’re wrong lol
1) King
2) TVD
3) Payton (I love his game, but he’s not elite) “according to the players” who see him in practice every day.
4) Garcia lol no one knows what he is yet 😂
TVD is not the answer due to him being slow at reading defenses. When he has to go up against a defense not his own he's going to have problems.

TVD is not the answer due to him being slow at reading defenses. When he has to go up against a defense not his own he's going to have problems.
I respect your opinion on this, my question would simply be .... how do you know this? As we have not seen him take any real meaningful snaps at this point in his career it is impossible to say this is a certainty. Could it be true? Sure but I think it's a bit disingenuous to say it at this incredibly early stage of his career.

Where do you get the "slow at reading defenses" bullcrap from? Both of the passes he threw in garbage time last year?

Grow up.

Advertisement
Back