PractiSe Day #2

I watched both of their films too. They're totally comparable. Both have been productive and were winners at the high school level. Both have been given glowing endorsements from teammates & coaches. TVD has your ideal body frame, cannon for an arm, and is an underrated athlete showing countless throws made on film while on the run going both left & right. He also has a year in our system which is invaluable. Jake has the "it factor" and the kid oozes confidence. Good size but could use 10-15 pounds. Very good accuracy & great poise in the pocket, willing to take a hit to make a throw. Average athlete who may not offer a lot of playmaking with his legs if play breaks down. This battle will come down to their daily preparation, leadership ability, and learning to read defenses.
I hope you're right!

Advertisement
Bad comppetition in HS, not a lot of top offers until UM came along, Lashlee wouldn't put him in a game except for the 3 snaps he got where he looked bad.
Can’t tell if you’re trolling. He wouldn’t put a true freshman in the game, when we played nothing but close games outside of blowout Ls and we had our best QB since Dorsey playing? This is your take? And he looked bad playing 3 snaps as a true frosh in garbage time. Time to put you on ignore.

This was a very underrated offseason move. Bringing in a guy like Shoop to leverage his defensive expertise should pay massive dividends. You can never have too many eyes on the schemes, personnel, the opponents and then figuring out ways to optimize what we have.

Big boy move by Manny in my opinion.

Advertisement
I watched all his Cali film when he was rated a 5 star and all his film from Georgia when he was lowered to a 4 star due to all the moving. He blew everyone away by playing with two different lockerooms, putting up great numbers and winning a championship. TVD played against bad competition in HS and hasn't done anything since.
Dude, you are funny but your ignorance isn't. TVD played in the NEPSAC, which is a New England prep league with many repeat and D1 players. It is not a normal CT league. Further, you are suggesting TVD playing against Josh Jobe in HS was "bad competition". I guess it is also mind blowing that Christian Wilkins, who went to TVDs high school is any good. Garcia has some tools. He wouldn't be at Miami if he didn't. If you think Garcia is as good as you think he is (and maybe he his), then you should be even that much more thrilled if TVD stays ahead of him. I surely hope your opinion does not give you an urge to root against TVD success and your team.

Bad comppetition in HS, not a lot of top offers until UM came along, Lashlee wouldn't put him in a game except for the 3 snaps he got where he looked bad.
Competition isn't terrible in CT especially not the private schools there. They've had some ballers come out of the state. Obviously not FL level of competition but def not terrible either. Not really a fair measure considering last year the two in front of him was a program changing kid in King and a kid who had been here for 3 years previously against a kid who was in his true freshman season.

TVD is not the answer due to him being slow at reading defenses. When he has to go up against a defense not his own he's going to have problems.
Well, I’m not sure who you talk to. He’s not slow at reading defenses. He was slow practice one to make the throws in the 7 on 7 format. Day two he lit it up, made fast decisions and hit the deep balls on a dime. He’s the number one QB going into spring. It’s what it is right now. No one expects him to start against Alabama. We’ll see what happens, but most first year starters have a learning curve. If the two days is any indication, he’s going to be good. I’m guessing day one was a combination of jitters, nerves and mostly rust.

Last edited:
Advertisement
TVD was a 3 star who got a bump to 4 star when signing with UM Garcia was a 5 star who was lowered to 4 star due to all the transfer mess. When Garcia went to Georgia with two different HS teams he blew all the coaches and players away. TVD got only 2 minutes of playing time all year and looked bad.

"TVD got only 2 minutes of playing time all year and looked bad."

When did that happen?
I don't recall him getting in any games ladt year.

Last edited:
I'm trying this new thing where I am respond kindly to people and don't immediately resort to my default ****headery lol
Yeah @TheOriginalCane started out the New Year with that as a resolution - “l’m all about Peace and Love in 2021” - and i don’t think he got into February before it was done. Some random poRster misstated how IC’s work and that was that.

Advertisement
We've heard players on both sides of the ball and several coaches praise TVD. 2 passes in mop up duty is NOT enough evidence to indicate his ability. This spring and summer will be his opportunity to show what he's got.

Advertisement
We've heard players on both sides of the ball and several coaches praise TVD. 2 passes in mop up duty is NOT enough evidence to indicate his ability. This spring and summer will be his opportunity to show what he's got.
It’s more than enough , he’s awful now. He threw two passes , everyone knows that’s the exact number Bill Walsh said was the tell all on a qb. Especially if they’re a true a true Fr. It’s time to move on friend.

You’re wrong lol
1) King
2) TVD
3) Payton (I love his game, but he’s not elite) “according to the players” who see him in practice every day.
4) Garcia lol no one knows what he is yet 😂

Matocha is going to pull a Trask and put up a Heisman worthy season.
#3STARSUPERSTARCLUB

Advertisement
Back