PractiSe Day #2

I respect your opinion on this, my question would simply be .... how do you know this? As we have not seen him take any real meaningful snaps at this point in his career it is impossible to say this is a certainty. Could it be true? Sure but I think it's a bit disingenuous to say it at this incredibly early stage of his career.

You might be the only person who respects his opinion on this matter.

Advertisement
I respect your opinion on this, my question would simply be .... how do you know this? As we have not seen him take any real meaningful snaps at this point in his career it is impossible to say this is a certainty. Could it be true? Sure but I think it's a bit disingenuous to say it at this incredibly early stage of his career.
I'm reading between the lines on coaches comments and more importantly the players. The players all want to play with Garcia (not saying that about TVD). Cody Brown mentioned it also. The little I've seen from TVD tells me he's not the man.

I'm reading between the lines on coaches comments and more importantly the players. The players all want to play with Garcia (not saying that about TVD). Cody Brown mentioned it also. The little I've seen from TVD tells me he's not the man.

What a dopey comment.

So you are basing your very "fact-sounding" porsts on "reading between the lines on comments"? Give me a ******* break.

Yeah, we can CLEARLY base a dopey conclusion on whether a player who has not even enrolled at UM yet...wants to play with the QB who he got to see play in Georgia...over a Connecticut kid that he's never seen play...

Your posts are just stunningly devoid of logic or intelligent thought...

I also notice that you have completely ignored all of the positive comments that TVD's teammates have made about his abilities ("not saying that about TVD").

You mean HS players from the same recruiting class? That's really a stupid take.

Advertisement
What a dopey comment.

So you are basing your very "fact-sounding" porsts on "reading between the lines on comments"? Give me a ******* break.

Yeah, we can CLEARLY base a dopey conclusion on whether a player who has not even enrolled at UM yet...wants to play with the QB who he got to see play in Georgia...over a Connecticut kid that he's never seen play...

I also notice that you have completely ignored all of the positive comments that TVD's teammates have made about his abilities ("not saying that about TVD").
Haven't heard anyone say they're coming to UM to play with "The Connecticut Baller?"

Maybe Cody Brown wants to play with Garcia because he got to watch first hand how he played when Grayson beat his team 47-7 at the end of October.

Maybe we're reading between different lines because all of the players and coaches are saying nothing but great things about TVD. I like Garcia as well and also think TVD is the goods. I guess my point is we can't say definitively if he can or cannot read a defense because we have exactly 2 snaps of live game action to analyze.

Advertisement
What a dopey comment.

TVD was a 3 star who got a bump to 4 star when signing with UM Garcia was a 5 star who was lowered to 4 star due to all the transfer mess. When Garcia went to Georgia with two different HS teams he blew all the coaches and players away. TVD got only 2 minutes of playing time all year and looked bad.

Most people are just playing personal favorites at this point. Only logical explanation for comparing qb's mostly sight unseen.

Maybe we're reading between different lines because all of the players and coaches are saying nothing but great things about TVD. I like Garcia as well and also think TVD is the goods. I guess my point is we can't say definitively if he can or cannot read a defense because we have exactly 2 snaps of live game action to analyze.
Thanks for wanting to have a civil discourse on Canes football.

What does anyone expect the players and coaches to say? Keep in mind "choc" also had rave reviews for his exploits on Greentree.

TVD was a 3 star who got a bump to 4 star when signing with UM Garcia was a 5 star who was lowered to 4 star due to all the transfer mess. When Garcia went to Georgia with two different HS teams he blew all the coaches and players away. TVD got only 2 minutes of playing time all year and looked bad.
Garcia didn’t get his ranking lowered because of transferring. He just isn’t a 5 star level talent. There’s absolutely no chance to make a sound judgment on TVD based on his playing time. He threw 2 passes in garbage time.

Advertisement
Most people are just playing personal favorites at this point. Only logical explanation for comparing qb's mostly sight unseen.
I watched all his Cali film when he was rated a 5 star and all his film from Georgia when he was lowered to a 4 star due to all the moving. He blew everyone away by playing with two different lockerooms, putting up great numbers and winning a championship. TVD played against bad competition in HS and hasn't done anything since.

Garcia is a program changing QB in the mold of former UM greats. I think he takes us to at least the playoffs.

TVD can be a good college QB, but he's not going to be a game changer and we won't have a chance at the playoffs.

Did you watch the interviews yesterday? How can you say the "players aren't saying that about TVD?" I didn't hear Garcia's name mentioned once.

The kids in the 2021 class have more familiarity with Jake so of course they will speak about him.

Advertisement
Thanks for wanting to have a civil discourse on Canes football.

What does anyone expect the players and coaches to say? Keep in mind "choc" also had rave reviews for his exploits on Greentree.
Looking at TVD and what we can actually tell for sure, is he has all of the measurables and all of the intangibles that you'd want in a QB. Basically the only thing we don't know is how well he scans a defense. Coaches and players alike have praised the way he works and how he carries himself as a leader. Could just be an agree to disagree situation here but he seems to have everything you want in a QB.

Did you watch the interviews yesterday? How can you say the "players aren't saying that about TVD?" I didn't hear Garcia's name mentioned once.

The kids in the 2021 class have more familiarity with Jake so of course they will speak about him.
Of course, everyone is pumping each other up. Wait till we go live.

Garcia is doing a little rehab for the 1st week.

I watched all his Cali film when he was rated a 5 star and all his film from Georgia when he was lowered to a 4 star due to all the moving. He blew everyone away by playing with two different lockerooms, putting up great numbers and winning a championship. TVD played against bad competition in HS and hasn't done anything since.
I watched both of their films too. They're totally comparable. Both have been productive and were winners at the high school level. Both have been given glowing endorsements from teammates & coaches. TVD has your ideal body frame, cannon for an arm, and is an underrated athlete showing countless throws made on film while on the run going both left & right. He also has a year in our system which is invaluable. Jake has the "it factor" and the kid oozes confidence. Good size but could use 10-15 pounds. Very good accuracy & great poise in the pocket, willing to take a hit to make a throw. Average athlete who may not offer a lot of playmaking with his legs if play breaks down. This battle will come down to their daily preparation, leadership ability, and learning to read defenses.

Looking at TVD and what we can actually tell for sure, is he has all of the measurables and all of the intangibles that you'd want in a QB. Basically the only thing we don't know is how well he scans a defense. Coaches and players alike have praised the way he works and how he carries himself as a leader. Could just be an agree to disagree situation here but he seems to have everything you want in a QB.
Bad comppetition in HS, not a lot of top offers until UM came along, Lashlee wouldn't put him in a game except for the 3 snaps he got where he looked bad.

Advertisement
Back