PractiSe and other crap

I will say we’ll be walking a razor blade with injuries. We can’t have any at de and any more at ol. We’ll eventually get Clarke back but we’re currently at a dangerous position with ol depth. Losing Clarke and Campbell hurts. That’s my biggest fear going forward.
Campbell gone for a while?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
True but let's be real here, we aren't beating bama or losing to Bama because of Jennings.
Depth man. Cant have Flagg out there for 4 quarters getting pounded by those mammoth Bama OGs and colliding with Robinson Jr and think he will hold up. At this point, Jennings would have been a horse at least to go to in case Flagg needs a breather.

I remember being 100% focused on fixing some **** at work, and my Sgt. called me into his "office" with his "you ****ed up big time" voice. I walked into that office expecting to get chewed out and this MF spit this **** at me with a serious face. I just looked at him and he slammed a stack of printer paper and yelled at me a second time with like a question mark tone at the end...So I gave him a confused *** "no?" and he just said "oh, ok" and walked away. Till this day I have no clue how this dude did that without even cracking a smile. His version to me was "Have you really been far even as decided to use even want to do look more like?". Dude must've practiced it in the mirror for a few hours or something.
Fantastic. I would like to think he's used this 1000x over the years.

podcast said JW was moved to LT in practice indicating maybe zion injury is more serious. any thoughts?

I mean hard to figure that JW playing there is related to the seriousness, you need SOMEONE at LT and maybe JW is better than Scaife at our top two options. Like if Zion actually got hurt in a game, JW likely moves over and insert Scaife, or if Scaife wins the RT job, JW is the first tackle off the bench. I guess a better way to put it, if not JW then who? Scaife? Hillery? Herbery? Washington? McLaughlin? I mean not much else is there depth wise.

It does suck about Campbell. He has had his ups and down, I do think he is a better G than T, they finally figured it out with Scaife but seem set on allowing Campbell to play T. Also the selfish side of me was worried he might be a portal candidate if he didn't start this year because he was a 2018 recruit. Now with the ACL he likely rides it out until next year. Hope he gets healthy because he has potential and can contribute.

Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear. Was really hoping to have Campbell and Clark off the bench to help at Guard. We've got Scaife and Justice, but we do need Campbell and Clark for good depth.

Advertisement
Speaking of Jeremiah Payton, you will never be far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

1629304809279.gif

That’s not “imposing your will“ ( your words).

I have multiple examples of scheming and passing first opens up the run. Nobody in today’s college football is “ imposing their will”.Other than option teams and a few other schools everyone Is pass first. Using the rules to their advantage. Spread offenses use space more than physicality, which most teams run. There’s exceptions but my point stands.

I do think situationally you have to run the ball and it matters. That’s where I think we could have some issues. Not as bad as the past but against good fronts we might struggle in short yardage and goal line situations.
At the risk of sounding dumb, why not bring in multiple rbs in certain situations? Bring in thad or Cody Brown along with Cam. Pull a WR. Let the extra back confuse the defense and ultimately block.

Advertisement
I know a defensive thread is coming so maybe it'll be covered in that but any word on Nesta? Minor injury or anything to be concerned about? I know some mentioned they didn't see him out at practice

Advertisement
Back